oh baby baby
Add Reply
Emanuel Berg
2017-10-10 19:57:51 UTC
I just saw an old episode of Survivor Australia
and when the one tribe saw the "new" other
tribe minus one member, and realized one of the
young girls was voted out, they all cried out
in unison "oh baby baby", like it was the
perfect expression for the moment. But what
does it mean, here?

I Googled it but only got Britney Spears "hits"
if you get the pun :)

Or now wait a sec...?
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Lewis
2017-10-10 20:39:22 UTC
Post by Emanuel Berg
I just saw an old episode of Survivor Australia
and when the one tribe saw the "new" other
tribe minus one member, and realized one of the
young girls was voted out, they all cried out
in unison "oh baby baby", like it was the
perfect expression for the moment. But what
does it mean, here?
I Googled it but only got Britney Spears "hits"
if you get the pun :)
Or now wait a sec...?
Wasn't it a reference to the song?

I'm pretty sure it was.
--
"A thousand years ago we thought the world was a bowl. Five hundred
years ago we knew it was a globe. Today we know it is flat and round
shape it will turn out to be tomorrow?" [Lord Vetinari]
Emanuel Berg
2017-10-10 21:30:40 UTC
Post by Emanuel Berg
I just saw an old episode of Survivor
Australia and when the one tribe saw the
"new" other tribe minus one member, and
realized one of the young girls was voted
out, they all cried out in unison "oh baby
baby", like it was the perfect expression
for the moment. But what does it mean, here?
I Googled it but only got Britney Spears
"hits" if you get the pun :)
Or now wait a sec...?
Wasn't it a reference to the song?
I'm pretty sure it was.
Yes, even as I wrote the post, I started to
think so! Not that that girl looked that much
like Britney. Maybe she hummed the song or had
a Britney T-shirt we didn't see.