The British pound is great again
2017-10-10 06:36:53 UTC
From today's spam: a generous person is offering me a share in "an
unclaimed fund total sum of Sixteen Million Great British Pounds".
2017-10-10 08:48:19 UTC
From today's spam: a generous person is offering me a share in "an
unclaimed fund total sum of Sixteen Million Great British Pounds".
'GBP' is the accepted three-letter abbreviation for the UK pound.
(http://www.xe.com/).

I am guessing the genius behind your spam looked it up and expanded it,
to make it sound more official.

Is it not curious that both the 'G' and the 'U' in both those
abbreviations have lost their currency in the last 50 years?
Richard Tobin
2017-10-10 19:15:32 UTC
From today's spam: a generous person is offering me a share in "an
unclaimed fund total sum of Sixteen Million Great British Pounds".
Is it not curious that both the 'G' and the 'U' in both those
abbreviations have lost their currency in the last 50 years?
They never meant what you are implying.

2017-10-10 11:51:26 UTC
From today's spam: a generous person is offering me a share in "an
unclaimed fund total sum of Sixteen Million Great British Pounds".
Is there any such thing any more? A story this morning on *Marketplace* about the damaged Irish
mushroom-growing industry said the pound might soon be at par with the euro.
Whiskers
2017-10-10 13:47:59 UTC
From today's spam: a generous person is offering me a share in "an
unclaimed fund total sum of Sixteen Million Great British Pounds".
Is there any such thing any more? A story this morning on
*Marketplace* about the damaged Irish mushroom-growing industry said
the pound might soon be at par with the euro.
That, surely, is an added incentive to grab the Sterling sooner rather
than later.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
-- ~~~~~~~~~~
Peter T. Daniels
Eh? Whatever you have in the bank will be worth less when that happens.
Whiskers
2017-10-10 15:19:02 UTC
Post by Whiskers
From today's spam: a generous person is offering me a share in "an
unclaimed fund total sum of Sixteen Million Great British Pounds".
Is there any such thing any more? A story this morning on
*Marketplace* about the damaged Irish mushroom-growing industry said
the pound might soon be at par with the euro.
That, surely, is an added incentive to grab the Sterling sooner rather
than later.
Eh? Whatever you have in the bank will be worth less when that happens.
Sterling is currently 'above par' with the Euro, ie a £ is worth more
than a €, but the speculators' trend is towards parity or beyond. So
getting £s now will garner more €s in exchange than getting £s in a
year's time will be likely to do.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
-- ~~~~~~~~~~
Peter T. Daniels
That's the reason to _sell_, not keep (hoard), Sterling now.
Whiskers
2017-10-11 17:51:50 UTC
Post by Whiskers
Post by Peter T. Daniels
Post by Whiskers
From today's spam: a generous person is offering me a share in "an
unclaimed fund total sum of Sixteen Million Great British Pounds".
Is there any such thing any more? A story this morning on
*Marketplace* about the damaged Irish mushroom-growing industry said
the pound might soon be at par with the euro.
That, surely, is an added incentive to grab the Sterling sooner rather
than later.
Eh? Whatever you have in the bank will be worth less when that happens.
Sterling is currently 'above par' with the Euro, ie a £ is worth more
than a €, but the speculators' trend is towards parity or beyond. So
getting £s now will garner more €s in exchange than getting £s in a
year's time will be likely to do.
That's the reason to _sell_, not keep (hoard), Sterling now.
But the 'generous person' is offering Sterling, and doing so now. So if
what you want is Euros, get the Pounds /now/ so that you can swap them
for Euros /now/ at what may be the most advantageous rate. You can't
sell /now/ the pounds that you might have at some future time [1]. If
you delay taking the money, you may lose out on the anticipated decline
in the exchange rate.

[1] Well, you can, but then you will have to have the pounds at the time
you've promised to deliver them, no matter what it costs you to get
them. You'll be trading in the 'futures' market, a highly speculative
high-risk adventure.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
-- ~~~~~~~~~~
Richard Tobin
2017-10-10 19:16:45 UTC
Post by Whiskers
From today's spam: a generous person is offering me a share in "an
unclaimed fund total sum of Sixteen Million Great British Pounds".
Is there any such thing any more? A story this morning on
*Marketplace* about the damaged Irish mushroom-growing industry said
the pound might soon be at par with the euro.
That, surely, is an added incentive to grab the Sterling sooner rather
than later.
Eh? Whatever you have in the bank will be worth less when that happens.
You want to get it now so you can convert it into something that
will depreciate less than sterling.

2017-10-10 15:17:48 UTC
From today's spam: a generous person is offering me a share in "an
unclaimed fund total sum of Sixteen Million Great British Pounds".
A sterling offer; the pound has gravity.
He's hoping you give him quarter and not your two bits.