ailleuline ? an ADJ for a cat-like animal
Hen Hanna
2018-01-11 22:02:05 UTC
I'm trying to remember this ADJ for a cat-like animal

ailleuline ? aleuline ?

aleilline ?

ailleulic ?

adjective. accipitrine. animal. hawk.
anserine, goose.
aquiline, eagle.
asinine, ass.
avine, bird. bovine, cow. bubaline, buffalo. cameline, camel. cancrine, crab. canine, dog. caprine, goat. corvine, deer. corvine, crow, raven. crocodiline, crocodile. elephantine, elephant. equine, horse. falconine, falcon. feline, cat. ferine, any wild animal. hippopotamine, hippopotamus. hircine, goat. hirundine, swallow. hystricine, porcupine.
lacertine, lizard. larine, gull. leonine, lion. .............
Jerry Friedman
2018-01-11 22:05:47 UTC
Post by Hen Hanna
I'm trying to remember this ADJ for a cat-like animal
ailleuline ? aleuline ?
aleilline ?
ailleulic ?
adjective. accipitrine. animal. hawk.
anserine, goose.
aquiline, eagle.
asinine, ass.
avine, bird. bovine, cow. bubaline, buffalo. cameline, camel. cancrine, crab. canine, dog. caprine, goat. corvine, deer. corvine, crow, raven. crocodiline, crocodile. elephantine, elephant. equine, horse. falconine, falcon. feline, cat. ferine, any wild animal. hippopotamine, hippopotamus. hircine, goat. hirundine, swallow. hystricine, porcupine.
lacertine, lizard. larine, gull. leonine, lion. .............
"Feline", as in your list, but somebody somewhere might have used
"aileurine".
Hen Hanna
2018-01-11 22:15:46 UTC
Post by Hen Hanna
I'm trying to remember this ADJ for a cat-like animal
ailleuline ? aleuline ?
aleilline ?
ailleulic ?
adjective. accipitrine. animal. hawk.
anserine, goose.
aquiline, eagle.
asinine, ass.
avine, bird. bovine, cow. bubaline, buffalo. cameline, camel. cancrine, crab. canine, dog. caprine, goat. corvine, deer. corvine, crow, raven. crocodiline, crocodile. elephantine, elephant. equine, horse. falconine, falcon. feline, cat. ferine, any wild animal. hippopotamine, hippopotamus. hircine, goat. hirundine, swallow. hystricine, porcupine.
lacertine, lizard. larine, gull. leonine, lion. .............
"Feline", as in your list, but somebody somewhere might have used
"aileurine".
thanks so much!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ailurophile

I'm not sure if it was "aileurine" that I saw,
and I'm still not sure if that's a real word,

but it SURE makes me think of a
garlicky cat piss !

HH
musika
2018-01-11 22:59:21 UTC
Post by Hen Hanna
I'm trying to remember this ADJ for a cat-like animal
ailleuline ? aleuline ?
aleilline ?
ailleulic ?
adjective. accipitrine. animal. hawk. anserine, goose. aquiline,
eagle. asinine, ass. avine, bird. bovine, cow. bubaline, buffalo.
cameline, camel. cancrine, crab. canine, dog. caprine, goat.
corvine, deer. corvine, crow, raven. crocodiline, crocodile.
elephantine, elephant. equine, horse. falconine, falcon. feline,
cat. ferine, any wild animal. hippopotamine, hippopotamus. hircine,
goat. hirundine, swallow. hystricine, porcupine. lacertine, lizard.
larine, gull. leonine, lion. .............
"Feline", as in your list, but somebody somewhere might have used
"aileurine".
Maybe ailurine? Ailurophobia is a fear of cats.
--
Ray
UK
Hen Hanna
2018-01-11 23:28:52 UTC
Post by musika
Post by Jerry Friedman
Post by Hen Hanna
[...]
thank you... it SURE makes me think of a
garlicky cat piss !

Uremia (urine poisoning)
is something that a Cat can get.

ailurine HH
Jerry Friedman
You missed out "anguilline" = "eel-like"....r
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
And invented a word. It's 'avian' for birds.
musika
2018-01-12 13:51:24 UTC
Post by Madrigal Gurneyhalt
Post by RH Draney
Post by Hen Hanna
I'm trying to remember this ADJ for a cat-like animal
ailleuline ? aleuline ?
aleilline ?
ailleulic ?
adjective. accipitrine. animal. hawk.
anserine, goose.
aquiline, eagle.
asinine, ass.
avine, bird. bovine, cow. bubaline, buffalo. cameline, camel. cancrine, crab. canine, dog. caprine, goat. corvine, deer. corvine, crow, raven. crocodiline, crocodile. elephantine, elephant. equine, horse. falconine, falcon. feline, cat. ferine, any wild animal. hippopotamine, hippopotamus. hircine, goat. hirundine, swallow. hystricine, porcupine.
lacertine, lizard. larine, gull. leonine, lion. .............
You missed out "anguilline" = "eel-like"....r
And invented a word. It's 'avian' for birds.
Don't be silly. Avine is an alternative that has fallen out of fashion.
--
Ray
UK