Hen is short for Henry
Add Reply
Hen Hanna
2018-01-10 01:29:06 UTC
And he dure ensures in *his* style.
'his'? I'm quite sure the clucking one is a she.
The "fun-gal" is wrong again.

Hen is short for Henry
Hello! What are your opinions on calling a baby boy "Hen" as a nickname for Henry...I like the name Henry but don't care for Hank and could naturally...........
in that strange movie
(in which all women have male voices)...
toward the end,
the boy Henry is called "Hen" by his father.

HH
soup
2018-01-10 01:57:32 UTC
Post by Hen Hanna
And he dure ensures in *his* style.
'his'? I'm quite sure the clucking one is a she.
The "fun-gal" is wrong again.
Hen is short for Henry
Hello! What are your opinions on calling a baby boy "Hen" as a nickname for Henry...I like the name Henry but don't care for Hank and could naturally...........
in that strange movie
(in which all women have male voices)...
toward the end,
the boy Henry is called "Hen" by his father.
A comic (funny paper ) appearing in the "Sunday Post" here in Scotland
is called "the Broons" in this the oldest son is called "Hen".

Hen (strangely) is also an informal slang term for a female, as in

Telling a young lady where to place an item down in a specific place :-
"Just put it over there hen".
Quinn C
2018-01-11 22:42:40 UTC
Post by Hen Hanna
And he dure ensures in *his* style.
'his'? I'm quite sure the clucking one is a she.
The "fun-gal" is wrong again.
Hen is short for Henry
In the interest of furthering bilingual puns, I let you know that
"hen" is also a Japanese word meaning "strange".

"Hen desu!" - "That's strange!", but it could also be you
introducing yourself: "It's Hen!"
--
If Helen Keller is alone in the forest and falls down, does she
make a sound?
RH Draney
2018-01-12 05:00:41 UTC
Post by Hen Hanna
And he dure ensures in *his* style.
'his'? I'm quite sure the clucking one is a she.
The "fun-gal" is wrong again.
Hen is short for Henry
In the interest of furthering bilingual puns, I let you know that
"hen" is also a Japanese word meaning "strange".
"Hen desu!" - "That's strange!", but it could also be you
introducing yourself: "It's Hen!"
And in Chinese, "hen" means "ruthless"...(a song with the title "Hen Hen
Ai", which I've been using as my ringtone for nearly a decade, is
translated as "Fiercely Loving")....r
Quinn C
2018-01-12 22:02:02 UTC
Post by Hen Hanna
And he dure ensures in *his* style.
'his'? I'm quite sure the clucking one is a she.
The "fun-gal" is wrong again.
Hen is short for Henry
In the interest of furthering bilingual puns, I let you know that
"hen" is also a Japanese word meaning "strange".
"Hen desu!" - "That's strange!", but it could also be you
introducing yourself: "It's Hen!"
And in Chinese, "hen" means "ruthless"...(a song with the title "Hen Hen
Ai", which I've been using as my ringtone for nearly a decade, is
translated as "Fiercely Loving")....r
That opens possibilities, given that the loan word "ai" is quite
recognizable in Japanese, and the singer, Vivian Hsu, has quite a
career in Japan.
--
Java is kind of like kindergarten. There are lots of rules you
have to remember. If you don't follow them, the compiler makes
Don Raab
Jenny Telia
2018-01-12 22:40:06 UTC
Post by Hen Hanna
Hen is short for Henry
I'll be darned if that ain't the most transgender nym evah! Quick, my
smelling salts Jeeves.
Hen Hanna
2018-01-12 22:58:02 UTC
Post by Jenny Telia
Post by Hen Hanna
Hen is short for Henry
I'll be darned if that ain't the most transgender nym evah! Quick, my
smelling salts Jeeves.
or do you mean androgynous?

if so, what about Pat ?

Hen in Jp also means flat (bemol) bemolle

like G-flat or Ges.

hen-Ha would be C-flat or Ces

I'm trying to remember a scene in which
a woman tells a man (flatly)

---- It is flat, your verse.

which book (story) is this from? HH
b***@aol.com
2018-01-13 19:34:35 UTC
Post by Hen Hanna
Post by Jenny Telia
Post by Hen Hanna
Hen is short for Henry
I'll be darned if that ain't the most transgender nym evah! Quick, my
smelling salts Jeeves.
or do you mean androgynous?
Or maybe it's just that Hen is a strange name to have when one's supposed
to have a cock.
Quinn C
2018-01-15 22:39:46 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by Hen Hanna
Post by Jenny Telia
Post by Hen Hanna
Hen is short for Henry
I'll be darned if that ain't the most transgender nym evah! Quick, my
smelling salts Jeeves.
or do you mean androgynous?
Or maybe it's just that Hen is a strange name to have when one's supposed
to have a cock.
Maybe Hen has a pecker instead.

<https://www.henhouse.sg/gallery/product/pecker-whistle/>
Who would know aught of art must learn and then take his ease.
b***@aol.com
2018-01-15 23:52:17 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by Hen Hanna
Post by Jenny Telia
Post by Hen Hanna
Hen is short for Henry
I'll be darned if that ain't the most transgender nym evah! Quick, my
smelling salts Jeeves.
or do you mean androgynous?
Or maybe it's just that Hen is a strange name to have when one's supposed
to have a cock.
Maybe Hen has a pecker instead.
Wood you believe it!
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2018-01-18 15:56:35 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by Hen Hanna
Post by Jenny Telia
Post by Hen Hanna
Hen is short for Henry
I'll be darned if that ain't the most transgender nym evah! Quick, my
smelling salts Jeeves.
or do you mean androgynous?
Or maybe it's just that Hen is a strange name to have when one's supposed
to have a cock.
As it happens I was reading Northanger Abbey around the time that Janet
mentioned it the other day. The Penguin edition was edited by Anne
Ehrenpreis, whose middle name, Wiki informs me, was Henry. So Henry
can, apparently, be a woman's name. On the other hand I know a man
called Anne (and Jan probably knows of others), so who knows.
2018-01-18 16:02:13 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by Hen Hanna
Post by Jenny Telia
Post by Hen Hanna
Hen is short for Henry
I'll be darned if that ain't the most transgender nym evah! Quick, my
smelling salts Jeeves.
or do you mean androgynous?
Or maybe it's just that Hen is a strange name to have when one's supposed
to have a cock.
As it happens I was reading Northanger Abbey around the time that Janet
mentioned it the other day. The Penguin edition was edited by Anne
Ehrenpreis, whose middle name, Wiki informs me, was Henry. So Henry
can, apparently, be a woman's name. On the other hand I know a man
called Anne (and Jan probably knows of others), so who knows.
Are you sure that's not a family name rather than a forename? Of course
there are examples of women with ostensibly male forenames - Michael
Learned, Ma Walton as she is better known, for example. But I don't
know that I've ever come across a female Henry.
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2018-01-18 16:25:27 UTC
On 2018-01-18 17:02:13 +0100, Madrigal Gurneyhalt
Post by Madrigal Gurneyhalt
Post by Athel Cornish-Bowden
Le vendredi 12 janvier 2018 23:58:05 UTC+1, Hen Hanna a écritÂ
Post by Hen Hanna
Post by Hen Hanna
Post by Jenny Telia
smelling salts Jeeves.
or do you mean androgynous?
Or maybe it's just that Hen is a strange name to have when one's suppos
ed
Post by Athel Cornish-Bowden
to have a cock.
As it happens I was reading Northanger Abbey around the time that Janet
mentioned it the other day. The Penguin edition was edited by Anne
Ehrenpreis, whose middle name, Wiki informs me, was Henry. So Henry
can, apparently, be a woman's name. On the other hand I know a man
called Anne (and Jan probably knows of others), so who knows.
Are you sure that's not a family name rather than a forename?
No, and indeed I thought of that as a possibility.
Post by Madrigal Gurneyhalt
Of course
there are examples of women with ostensibly male forenames - Michael
Learned, Ma Walton as she is better known, for example. But I don't
know that I've ever come across a female Henry.
Have you come across a male Anne?
2018-01-18 17:53:35 UTC
On 2018-01-18 17:02:13 +0100, Madrigal Gurneyhalt
Post by Hen Hanna
Post by Hen Hanna
Post by Jenny Telia
[...]
There are lots of them. It is a not uncommon Frisian name.
(derived, or variant of Anner)

You may like this one:

He is one of the best at this, and pioneered the Dutch
'historically informed' way of playing baroque music.

2018-01-18 18:19:41 UTC
On 2018-01-18 17:02:13 +0100, Madrigal Gurneyhalt
Post by Hen Hanna
Post by Hen Hanna
Post by Jenny Telia
[...]
Oh yes, I was pretty sure that you would have, but the question was for
Mad whatever it is.
http://youtu.be/XL95vwU92qo
2018-01-18 22:21:01 UTC
As it happens I was reading Northanger Abbey around the time that
Janet mentioned it the other day. The Penguin edition was edited by
Anne Ehrenpreis, whose middle name, Wiki informs me, was Henry. So
Henry can, apparently, be a woman's name. On the other hand I know a
man called Anne (and Jan probably knows of others), so who knows.
It's common in some places for the middle name(s) to be the name of a
godparent. (Sometimes, the names of both godparents.) That's how some
people end up with middle names of the wrong sex.