No problem with Absolutely!
Add Reply
g***@gmail.com
2017-12-03 00:41:33 UTC
Servers are trained and monitored and encouraged to show enthusiasm.

This produces, when I go to a restaurant:

Coffee please.
"Absolutely!"

Can we have two separate servings of nachos?
"No Problem!"

The, 30 seconds after I take a bite:
"How is everything, so far?"

(That one worries me ---- what's worrying them?)
y***@gmail.com
"Mind settling up the bill now? Because my shift is ending and I need the tip to wash my kids clothes at the laundromat tomorrow, since my boss is a heartless Republican motherfucker who won't pay us a decent wage."
y***@gmail.com
RH Draney
2017-12-03 02:39:00 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Servers are trained and monitored and encouraged to show enthusiasm.
Coffee please.
"Absolutely!"
Can we have two separate servings of nachos?
"No Problem!"
"How is everything, so far?"
(That one worries me ---- what's worrying them?)
They let you take a bite before asking?...slackers....

My mother used to wait tables, and she told us the technique was to ask
diners if they needed anything when their mouths were full...since you
can't talk with your mouth full, you couldn't complain about anything,
and that meant you approved (and of course, if anything were *really*
wrong, you wouldn't have your mouth full, would you?)...

One place I used to go taught the staff to answer "o-negai shimasu"
instead of "you're welcome"....r
Ken Blake
2017-12-03 15:11:05 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Servers are trained and monitored and encouraged to show enthusiasm.
Coffee please.
"Absolutely!"
Can we have two separate servings of nachos?
"No Problem!"
"How is everything, so far?"
What I hear, in almost every restaurant, is,

"How is everything tasting?"

Maybe I'm unusual, but that grates on my ear. Why don't they say, "How
does everything taste?"

But I'd much rather not be asked any question, especially when I'm
having the same thing I have for breakfast every Monday and
Tony Cooper
2017-12-03 15:42:24 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Servers are trained and monitored and encouraged to show enthusiasm.
Coffee please.
"Absolutely!"
Can we have two separate servings of nachos?
"No Problem!"
"How is everything, so far?"
What I hear, in almost every restaurant, is,
"How is everything tasting?"
Maybe I'm unusual, but that grates on my ear. Why don't they say, "How
does everything taste?"
But I'd much rather not be asked any question, especially when I'm
having the same thing I have for breakfast every Monday and Thursday,
served by the same waitress.
Waitstaff seems to have adopted the style of nurses in the use of
"we". "How we doin' here?", "What are we having today?", "Are we
ready for dessert?".
Yes, I hear a lot of "we"
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2017-12-03 16:57:21 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Servers are trained and monitored and encouraged to show enthusiasm.
Coffee please.
"Absolutely!"
Can we have two separate servings of nachos?
"No Problem!"
"How is everything, so far?"
What I hear, in almost every restaurant, is,
"How is everything tasting?"
Maybe I'm unusual, but that grates on my ear. Why don't they say, "How
does everything taste?"
But I'd much rather not be asked any question, especially when I'm
having the same thing I have for breakfast every Monday and Thursday,
served by the same waitress.
Waitstaff seems to have adopted the style of nurses in the use of
"we".
Have we had our bowels moved today?
2017-12-04 10:56:41 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Servers are trained and monitored and encouraged to show enthusiasm.
Coffee please.
"Absolutely!"
Can we have two separate servings of nachos?
"No Problem!"
"How is everything, so far?"
What I hear, in almost every restaurant, is,
"How is everything tasting?"
Maybe I'm unusual, but that grates on my ear. Why don't they say, "How
does everything taste?"
But I'd much rather not be asked any question, especially when I'm
having the same thing I have for breakfast every Monday and Thursday,
served by the same waitress.
Waitstaff seems to have adopted the style of nurses in the use of
"we". "How we doin' here?", "What are we having today?", "Are we
ready for dessert?".
The normal riposte, courtesy of an anon comedian:
(to the question "What are we having today?")

"I'm not sure about you, but I'm having a coffee"
Ken Blake
Yes
Reinhold {Rey} Aman
2017-12-03 18:37:06 UTC
What I hear, in almost every restaurant, is,
"How is everything tasting?"
In a Jewish restaurant, the waitress asks,
"Nu, is *anything* all right?"
~~~ Reinhold {"Tony"} Aman ~~~
Dingbat
2017-12-04 14:52:06 UTC
Post by Reinhold {Rey} Aman
Post by Ken Blake
What I hear, in almost every restaurant, is,
"How is everything tasting?"
In a Jewish restaurant, the waitress asks,
"Nu, is *anything* all right?"
Ha ha; you're alright.
(my suggested response)
Dingbat
Everything, since I haven't yet got my kvetchup:->
Peter Moylan
2017-12-04 00:29:52 UTC
What I hear, in almost every restaurant, is,
"How is everything tasting?"
I haven't heard that. If I did, my spontaneous answer would probably be
"With its tongue".
2017-12-06 20:40:52 UTC
What I hear, in almost every restaurant, is,
"How is everything tasting?"
I haven't heard that. If I did, my spontaneous answer would probably be
"With its tongue".
"Well, the bacon may be cured but I doubt if the pig can..."
2017-12-04 14:59:50 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Servers are trained and monitored and encouraged to show enthusiasm.
Coffee please.
"Absolutely!"
Can we have two separate servings of nachos?
"No Problem!"
"How is everything, so far?"
What I hear, in almost every restaurant, is,
"How is everything tasting?"
If the visage doing the asking is comely, you could deadpan:
Are tasty morsels to be beheld or tasted?
Post by Ken Blake
Maybe I'm unusual, but that grates on my ear. Why don't they say, "How
does everything taste?"
Tastes great and less filling.

served by the same waitress.
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-05 00:25:17 UTC
[..]
Post by Dingbat
Post by Ken Blake
Post by g***@gmail.com
"How is everything, so far?"
What I hear, in almost every restaurant, is,
"How is everything tasting?"
Are tasty morsels to be beheld or tasted?
I think I'll leave that one for the moment. unless I know the server quite well.

/dps "these days"
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-05 00:20:35 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com