Common Errors in English Usage by Paul Brians
2017-04-17 10:24:29 UTC
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2017-04-17 10:34:52 UTC
Post by Dingbat
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html
As an enyclopaedia of peeves this is perhaps a bit better (not
difficult!) than its many competitors, but did you have any particular
reason for just posting a link without saying anything about it?

It informs me that "Hewbrew" is a common misspelling of "Hebrew": not
common enough, however, for me to have ever encountered before in 74
years.
2017-04-17 12:05:36 UTC
Post by Dingbat
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html
As an enyclopaedia of peeves this is perhaps a bit better (not
difficult!) than its many competitors, but did you have any particular
reason for just posting a link without saying anything about it?
I thought someone might find it useful.
Without saying what it was?
GordonD
2017-04-17 13:28:10 UTC
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 4:04:55 PM UTC+5:30, Athel
Post by Dingbat
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html
As an enyclopaedia of peeves this is perhaps a bit better (not
difficult!) than its many competitors, but did you have any
particular reason for just posting a link without saying anything
about it?
I thought someone might find it useful.
Without saying what it was?
Or who Paul Brians is, and why people should be interested in common
errors in usage that he apparently makes?
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland
musika
2017-04-17 14:05:08 UTC
Post by Dingbat
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html
As an enyclopaedia of peeves this is perhaps a bit better (not
difficult!) than its many competitors, but did you have any
particular reason for just posting a link without saying anything
about it?
I thought someone might find it useful.
Without saying what it was?
Or who Paul Brians is, and why people should be interested in common
errors in usage that he apparently makes?
Some here will know who Professor Brians is. He has been a sometime
poster here.
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/vita.html
--
Ray