Jesus
David Kleinecke
2018-07-10 20:47:17 UTC
The usual sentence from the wild:

First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
defines that idea.

Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Horace LaBadie
"Jesus is a verb not a noun" is an actual sentence, I hear tell.
RH Draney
2018-07-10 22:20:48 UTC
Post by Horace LaBadie
First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
"Jesus is a verb not a noun" is an actual sentence, I hear tell.
Surely an allusion to this expression:

....r
Horace LaBadie
2018-07-10 23:33:17 UTC
Post by RH Draney
Post by Horace LaBadie
First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
"Jesus is a verb not a noun" is an actual sentence, I hear tell.
https://www.catster.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/download.jpeg
....r
If you've been churched up in cat worship.
Jerry Friedman
2018-07-11 17:29:43 UTC
Post by RH Draney
Post by Horace LaBadie
First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
"Jesus is a verb not a noun" is an actual sentence, I hear tell.
https://www.catster.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/download.jpeg
Or to this poem:

https://books.google.com/books?id=-p3gDQAAQBAJ&pg=PA28
Jerry Friedman
Lewis
2018-07-12 10:42:54 UTC
Post by RH Draney
Post by Horace LaBadie
First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
"Jesus is a verb not a noun" is an actual sentence, I hear tell.
https://www.catster.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/download.jpeg
Among many. And related to the "because bacon" construction. It's become
very common in speech in recent years to use this sort of shorthand
(this also applies to speech-proxies like twitter or text messaging,
less to things like email or blog posts.)

I should be able to think of many examples, since this comes up several
times a week, if not daily, but the only one that comes to mind recently
was when playing World of Warcraft recently I was in a group where one
of the players said "Sorry about that I haven't played in a while n I
forgot how to druid."
--
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum
and villainy. We must be cautious.
Jerry Friedman
2018-07-11 02:16:05 UTC
Post by David Kleinecke
First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Reminds of a flier I saw in college: "Come Jew with us." I wasn't tempted.
Jerry Friedman
RH Draney
2018-07-11 07:06:45 UTC
     First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
     as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
     defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Reminds of a flier I saw in college: "Come Jew with us."  I wasn't tempted.
I eagerly await other religions making similar overtures: "Sikh and you
shall find"....r
Athel Cornish-Bowden
athel
Peter Young
2018-07-11 08:27:42 UTC
Post by Athel Cornish-Bowden
Post by RH Draney
     First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
     as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
     defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Reminds of a flier I saw in college: "Come Jew with us."  I wasn't tempted.
I eagerly await other religions making similar overtures: "Sikh and
you shall find"....r
Hindu yu du.
What's a Hindu?

Peter.
(US equivalent: Certified Anesthesiologist) (AUE Au)
http://pnyoung.orpheusweb.co.uk
musika
UK
Kerr-Mudd,John
2018-07-11 10:04:08 UTC
[]
Post by musika
Post by Peter Young
What's a Hindu?
Lays eggs.
ITYF "Lace Iggs"

Use a Sarfrikaan accent.
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Mark Brader
2018-07-11 19:17:36 UTC
Post by musika
Post by Peter Young
What's a Hindu?
Lays eggs.
...same as in town.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "I shot a query into the net.
***@vex.net | I haven't got an answer yet..." --Ed Nather
Ken Blake
Peter.
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
But why? WHY? For pity's sake tell me why!!!!
Peter Young
2018-07-11 16:36:20 UTC
Post by Madrigal Gurneyhalt
Post by RH Draney
     First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
     as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
     defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Reminds of a flier I saw in college: "Come Jew with us."  I wasn't tempted.
I eagerly await other religions making similar overtures: "Sikh and
you shall find"....r
Hindu yu du.
What's a Hindu?
Crosses the street.
But why? WHY? For pity's sake tell me why!!!!
Why did the chicken cross the road, Shirley.

Madrigal Gurneyhalt
Er ... yeah ... that was the joke, like!
Jerry Friedman
2018-07-11 17:27:40 UTC
Post by RH Draney
     First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
     as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
     defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Reminds of a flier I saw in college: "Come Jew with us."  I wasn't tempted.
I eagerly await other religions making similar overtures: "Sikh and
you shall find"....r
Hindu yu du.
What's a Hindu?
Crosses the street.
But why? WHY? For pity's sake tell me why!!!!
Maybe you didn't see the thread where I mentioned a bumper sticker
based on this tweet:

https://twitter.com/biiimurray/status/421810065990221824?lang=en
Jerry Friedman
Lewis
2018-07-12 10:46:42 UTC
Post by RH Draney
     First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
     as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
     defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Reminds of a flier I saw in college: "Come Jew with us."  I wasn't
tempted.
I eagerly await other religions making similar overtures: "Sikh and
you shall find"....r
Hindu yu du.
What's a Hindu?
Crosses the street.
But why? WHY? For pity's sake tell me why!!!!
Maybe you didn't see the thread where I mentioned a bumper sticker
https://twitter.com/biiimurray/status/421810065990221824?lang=en
I didn't know Mr Emerson was on twitter.

<https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/528057-i-dream-of-a-better-tomorrow-where-chickens-can-cross>
--
'Good and bad is tricky, she [Esme] said. 'I ain't too certain about
where people stand. P'raps what matters is which way you face.'
occam
Its like a Hen do, but for Hins.)
Peter Young

Ken Blake
Islam one of your favorite foods?
occam
The weather report for today: Sunni to start with, Shia later.
Quinn C
2018-07-11 21:39:07 UTC
Post by occam
Post by Ken Blake
Post by RH Draney
     First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
     as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
     defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Reminds of a flier I saw in college: "Come Jew with us."  I wasn't tempted.
I eagerly await other religions making similar overtures: "Sikh and you
shall find"....r
Islam one of your favorite foods?
The weather report for today: Sunni to start with, Shia later.
Time to say Baha'i to this thread.
--
We say, 'If any lady or gentleman shall buy this article _____ shall
have it for five dollars.' The blank may be filled with he, she, it,
will be too vulgar to be uttered. -- Wkly Jrnl of Commerce (1839)
Peter Moylan
2018-07-12 05:10:51 UTC
Post by occam
Post by Ken Blake
Post by RH Draney
Post by Jerry Friedman
Post by David Kleinecke
First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Reminds of a flier I saw in college: "Come Jew with us." I wasn't tempted.
I eagerly await other religions making similar overtures: "Sikh and you
shall find"....r
Islam one of your favorite foods?
The weather report for today: Sunni to start with, Shia later.
Didn't they sing "I got you, babe"?
--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
b***@aol.com
2018-07-12 20:30:37 UTC
Post by Ken Blake
Post by RH Draney
     First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
     as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
     defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Reminds of a flier I saw in college: "Come Jew with us."  I wasn't tempted.
I eagerly await other religions making similar overtures: "Sikh and you
shall find"....r
...in Jew time.
Post by Ken Blake
Islam one of your favorite foods?
Better not to pig oneself on it.

Jerry Friedman
2018-07-11 17:23:36 UTC
Post by RH Draney
     First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
     as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
     defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Reminds of a flier I saw in college: "Come Jew with us."  I wasn't tempted.
I eagerly await other religions making similar overtures: "Sikh and you
shall find"....r
Jew like matzo-ball soup?
Jerry Friedman
Peter Young
2018-07-11 18:23:46 UTC
Post by Jerry Friedman
Post by RH Draney
     First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
     as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
     defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Reminds of a flier I saw in college: "Come Jew with us."  I wasn't tempted.
I eagerly await other religions making similar overtures: "Sikh and you
shall find"....r
Jew like matzo-ball soup?
Marilyn Monroe (attributed): What other parts of the matzo can you eat?

Peter Moylan
2018-07-11 07:45:22 UTC
Post by David Kleinecke
First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Faithing weirds language.
--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Anders D. Nygaard
2018-07-11 19:30:41 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
     First, a person’s future spouse must Jesus just
     as hard as they do, however the spouse-seeker
     defines that idea.
Bill Shakespeare used Herod - why not equal time?
Faithing weirds language.
ObXkcd: https://xkcd.com/1443/

/Anders, Denmark