OT Wheel of Fortune
2018-07-10 16:59:43 UTC
I have, by semi-nefarious means, obtained details of the
21 shows from 2017-09-11 to 2017-10-11.

Winners by position on the panel ...
L-8, M-6, R-7

Nothing to suggest control of the wheel there.

The number of games in which the vexatious one black,
two white contestants occurred, 12

Number of these won by the black contestant, 1, yes ONE!

I hope this finally puts to bed the outrageous theory
propounded by a certain member of this group but I am
happy to continue the analysis through the next month
and the next one and the next one after that and then ...
well, you get the idea ... if not.
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-10 17:25:45 UTC
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:59:43 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
<***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>I have, by semi-nefarious means, obtained details of the
>21 shows from 2017-09-11 to 2017-10-11.
>
>Winners by position on the panel ...
>L-8, M-6, R-7
>
>Nothing to suggest control of the wheel there.
>
>The number of games in which the vexatious one black,
>two white contestants occurred, 12
>
>Number of these won by the black contestant, 1, yes ONE!
>
>I hope this finally puts to bed the outrageous theory
>propounded by a certain member of this group but I am
>happy to continue the analysis through the next month
>and the next one and the next one after that and then ...
>well, you get the idea ... if not.

Reference/Link? What site gives you the race of the contestants?

I am recording daily events.

Yesterday there was a white-white-(possibly a couple from India, but
they were not Negroid).

White won.

As I said earlier, if it is happening it is very subtle, and it will
have to be observed for months at least. If it doesn't pan out, then
I am wrong.

Excelsior!~
RH Draney
2018-07-10 22:17:15 UTC
On 7/10/2018 10:25 AM, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> I am recording daily events.
>
> Yesterday there was a white-white-(possibly a couple from India, but
> they were not Negroid).
>
> White won.
>
> As I said earlier, if it is happening it is very subtle, and it will
> have to be observed for months at least. If it doesn't pan out, then
> I am wrong.

I'd love to hear from Marilyn Vos Savant on what the odds are in a
situation like the one you describe for yesterday....r
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-10 23:20:35 UTC
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 15:17:15 -0700, RH Draney <***@cox.net>
wrote:

>On 7/10/2018 10:25 AM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>>
>> I am recording daily events.
>>
>> Yesterday there was a white-white-(possibly a couple from India, but
>> they were not Negroid).
>>
>> White won.
>>
>> As I said earlier, if it is happening it is very subtle, and it will
>> have to be observed for months at least. If it doesn't pan out, then
>> I am wrong.
>
>I'd love to hear from Marilyn Vos Savant on what the odds are in a
>situation like the one you describe for yesterday....r

My wording was poor. It was couples day - three couples. The couple
in the third position were dark-skinned. Middle Eastern or South
Asian heritage.

The white couple in the second position with the bouncy-bouncy wife
won.
CDB
2018-07-11 13:42:42 UTC
On 7/10/2018 7:20 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> RH Draney <***@cox.net> wrote:
>> Mack A. Damia wrote:

>>> I am recording daily events.

>>> Yesterday there was a white-white-(possibly a couple from India,
>>> but they were not Negroid).

>>> White won.

>>> As I said earlier, if it is happening it is very subtle, and it
>>> will have to be observed for months at least. If it doesn't pan
>>> out, then I am wrong.

>> I'd love to hear from Marilyn Vos Savant on what the odds are in a
>> situation like the one you describe for yesterday....r

> My wording was poor. It was couples day - three couples. The
> couple in the third position were dark-skinned. Middle Eastern or
> South Asian heritage.

> The white couple in the second position with the bouncy-bouncy wife
> won.

I don't think the producers are racist, exactly, but only very practical
about money: the audience is always right.

It may be done according to ethnic stereotypes, or even political ones.
I saw a program recently where a bearded young Muslim man walked away
with the minimum prize (they give you a thou for taxi money).
Peter T. Daniels
2018-07-11 15:03:50 UTC
On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 9:42:45 AM UTC-4, CDB wrote:
> On 7/10/2018 7:20 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> > RH Draney <***@cox.net> wrote:

> >> I'd love to hear from Marilyn Vos Savant on what the odds are in a
> >> situation like the one you describe for yesterday....r
>
> > My wording was poor. It was couples day - three couples. The
> > couple in the third position were dark-skinned. Middle Eastern or
> > South Asian heritage.
>
> > The white couple in the second position with the bouncy-bouncy wife
> > won.
>
> I don't think the producers are racist, exactly, but only very practical
> about money: the audience is always right.
>
> It may be done according to ethnic stereotypes, or even political ones.
> I saw a program recently where a bearded young Muslim man walked away
> with the minimum prize (they give you a thou for taxi money).

Very, very rarely, the winning family on Feud does so badly on Fast Money
(the closing round) that between them the two contestants don't amass as
much as 100 points, meaning they get less than $500, which is the consolation prize for the losing family. But they do get to come back and
try again.

In the olden days, they also got $1 for each point accumulated during the
regular game (but the Fast Money jackpot was only $5000; now it's $20,000), but not any more. All that counts is getting to 300 -- and they
do only 4 rounds; if neither family has won, they do Sudden Death, where
all that counts is hitting the buzzer first, because the single answer is
almost always very obvious. WOR shows two episodes back to back each
weeknight, and in the last two days, two families have been robbed of
their car (for winning five days in a row) by having the really incompetent
opposing family win Sudden Death when their only prior score was by a
"steal" after the first team tried three wrong answers.
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-07-10 23:07:41 UTC
On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 18:25:56 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:59:43 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >I have, by semi-nefarious means, obtained details of the
> >21 shows from 2017-09-11 to 2017-10-11.
> >
> >Winners by position on the panel ...
> >L-8, M-6, R-7
> >
> >Nothing to suggest control of the wheel there.
> >
> >The number of games in which the vexatious one black,
> >two white contestants occurred, 12
> >
> >Number of these won by the black contestant, 1, yes ONE!
> >
> >I hope this finally puts to bed the outrageous theory
> >propounded by a certain member of this group but I am
> >happy to continue the analysis through the next month
> >and the next one and the next one after that and then ...
> >well, you get the idea ... if not.
>
> Reference/Link? What site gives you the race of the contestants?

No site ... sight. I have video!

> I am recording daily events.
>
> Yesterday there was a white-white-(possibly a couple from India, but
> they were not Negroid).
>
> White won.
>
> As I said earlier, if it is happening it is very subtle, and it will
> have to be observed for months at least. If it doesn't pan out, then
> I am wrong.

Good Lord. One in twelve in a whole month's broadcasting is not
subtle! If they're working an angle with stats like that they're
doing it incredibly badly!
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-11 00:03:01 UTC
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:07:41 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
<***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 18:25:56 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:59:43 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
>> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I have, by semi-nefarious means, obtained details of the
>> >21 shows from 2017-09-11 to 2017-10-11.
>> >
>> >Winners by position on the panel ...
>> >L-8, M-6, R-7
>> >
>> >Nothing to suggest control of the wheel there.
>> >
>> >The number of games in which the vexatious one black,
>> >two white contestants occurred, 12
>> >
>> >Number of these won by the black contestant, 1, yes ONE!
>> >
>> >I hope this finally puts to bed the outrageous theory
>> >propounded by a certain member of this group but I am
>> >happy to continue the analysis through the next month
>> >and the next one and the next one after that and then ...
>> >well, you get the idea ... if not.
>>
>> Reference/Link? What site gives you the race of the contestants?
>
>No site ... sight. I have video!

I am skeptical. If you can't prove what you claim, then it's moot.

>> I am recording daily events.
>>
>> Yesterday there was a white-white-(possibly a couple from India, but
>> they were not Negroid).
>>
>> White won.
>>
>> As I said earlier, if it is happening it is very subtle, and it will
>> have to be observed for months at least. If it doesn't pan out, then
>> I am wrong.
>>

>Good Lord. One in twelve in a whole month's broadcasting is not
>subtle! If they're working an angle with stats like that they're
>doing it incredibly badly!

What? Doesn't make sense. You are arguing about nothing for the sake
of arguing at this point. A favorite AUE pastime.

I don't understand you. I watched it for two weeks (based on my
previous viewing over "years") and reported the results, which
supported my theory (so far). This is the third week.

I said ".....it will have to be observed for *months* at least.", and
that's what I intend to do as far as I can.

You have ceaselessly attacked my theory and the immediate results
without any basis or evidence, and now we have this latest "phantom
video". Come on, you can do better than that. Maybe not.

"To register a complaint, you've got to have evidence, boy. You got
evidence?" - Hector David (Lee Marvin) in "Bad Day at Black Rock"
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-11 03:36:17 UTC

P.S. Today, July 11:

Couples Week

W - B - W

Black won.
Tony Cooper
2018-07-11 03:43:32 UTC
On 11 Jul 2018 03:36:17 GMT, Mack A. Damia <***@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 17:03:01 -0700, Mack A. Damia
><***@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:07:41 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
>><***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>>No site ... sight. I have video!
>>
>>I am skeptical. If you can't prove what you claim, then it's moot.

>>>Good Lord. One in twelve in a whole month's broadcasting is not
>>>subtle! If they're working an angle with stats like that they're
>>>doing it incredibly badly!
>>
>>What? Doesn't make sense. You are arguing about nothing for the sake
>>of arguing at this point. A favorite AUE pastime.
>>
>>I don't understand you. I watched it for two weeks (based on my
>>previous viewing over "years") and reported the results, which
>>supported my theory (so far). This is the third week.
>>
>>I said ".....it will have to be observed for *months* at least.", and
>>that's what I intend to do as far as I can.
>>
>>You have ceaselessly attacked my theory and the immediate results
>>without any basis or evidence, and now we have this latest "phantom
>>video". Come on, you can do better than that. Maybe not.
>>
>>"To register a complaint, you've got to have evidence, boy. You got
>>evidence?" - Hector David (Lee Marvin) in "Bad Day at Black Rock"
>
>P.S. Today, July 11:
>
>Couples Week
>
>W - B - W
>
>Black won.

Good Lord! What time is "Wheel" on TV there? I'm reading your post
at 11:41 PM local time on July 10th. You are somewhere where it is
already the 11th and "Wheel" has been aired?

2018-07-11 03:54:33 UTC
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 23:43:32 -0400, Tony Cooper
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 11 Jul 2018 03:36:17 GMT, Mack A. Damia <***@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 17:03:01 -0700, Mack A. Damia
>><***@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>I am skeptical. If you can't prove what you claim, then it's moot.

>>>What? Doesn't make sense. You are arguing about nothing for the sake
>>>of arguing at this point. A favorite AUE pastime.
>>>
>>>I don't understand you. I watched it for two weeks (based on my
>>>previous viewing over "years") and reported the results, which
>>>supported my theory (so far). This is the third week.
>>>
>>>I said ".....it will have to be observed for *months* at least.", and
>>>that's what I intend to do as far as I can.
>>>
>>>You have ceaselessly attacked my theory and the immediate results
>>>without any basis or evidence, and now we have this latest "phantom
>>>video". Come on, you can do better than that. Maybe not.
>>>
>>>"To register a complaint, you've got to have evidence, boy. You got
>>>evidence?" - Hector David (Lee Marvin) in "Bad Day at Black Rock"
>>
>>P.S. Today, July 10:
>>
>>Couples Week
>>
>>W - B - W
>>
>>Black won.
>
>Good Lord! What time is "Wheel" on TV there? I'm reading your post
>at 11:41 PM local time on July 10th. You are somewhere where it is
>already the 11th and "Wheel" has been aired?

(Corrected)

WOF airs at 7:00 PM.

Sorry, my mistake. I am having a few pooter problems and I had to
unplug my machine and reset the date among other adjustments.

I really do lose track of time here. All days are the same to me. My
cats tell me the time.

I watched today's show, Tuesday, July 10, a couple of hours ago.
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-12 02:44:31 UTC
wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 17:03:01 -0700, Mack A. Damia
><***@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:07:41 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
>><***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>>No site ... sight. I have video!
>>
>>I am skeptical. If you can't prove what you claim, then it's moot.

>>>Good Lord. One in twelve in a whole month's broadcasting is not
>>>subtle! If they're working an angle with stats like that they're
>>>doing it incredibly badly!
>>
>>What? Doesn't make sense. You are arguing about nothing for the sake
>>of arguing at this point. A favorite AUE pastime.
>>
>>I don't understand you. I watched it for two weeks (based on my
>>previous viewing over "years") and reported the results, which
>>supported my theory (so far). This is the third week.
>>
>>I said ".....it will have to be observed for *months* at least.", and
>>that's what I intend to do as far as I can.
>>
>>You have ceaselessly attacked my theory and the immediate results
>>without any basis or evidence, and now we have this latest "phantom
>>video". Come on, you can do better than that. Maybe not.
>>
>>"To register a complaint, you've got to have evidence, boy. You got
>>evidence?" - Hector David (Lee Marvin) in "Bad Day at Black Rock"
>
>P.S. Tuesday, July 10:
>
>Couples Week
>
>W - B - W
>
>Black won.

Wednesday, July 11:

W - W - B

Black won.
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-13 02:23:16 UTC

Thursday, July 12:

W - B - W

White won.
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-07-11 10:48:52 UTC
On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 01:03:16 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:07:41 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 18:25:56 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> >> Reference/Link? What site gives you the race of the contestants?
> >
> >No site ... sight. I have video!
>
> I am skeptical. If you can't prove what you claim, then it's moot.

Er ... right back at yer! I have downloaded each of the shows in question
and watched the introductions and noted the winners. My evidence is
therefore exactly the same as yours. I have so far taken it on trust that
your analysis of the past few weeks is accurate. I don't suppose I'm
greatly surprised that you don't extend me the same courtesy when the
facts are going against you.

> >> I am recording daily events.

As am I, but from the beginning of the current season. You claimed that
it had been going on for years. Yet you now object to evidence from a
period other than the present? That doesn't look at all suspicious!
Kerr-Mudd,John
2018-07-11 11:21:54 UTC
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:48:52 GMT, Madrigal Gurneyhalt
<***@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 01:03:16 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:07:41 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
>> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:

[]

>> >No site ... sight. I have video!
>>
>> I am skeptical. If you can't prove what you claim, then it's moot.
>
> Er ... right back at yer! I have downloaded each of the shows in
question
> and watched the introductions and noted the winners. My evidence is
> therefore exactly the same as yours. I have so far taken it on trust
that
> your analysis of the past few weeks is accurate. I don't suppose I'm
> greatly surprised that you don't extend me the same courtesy when the
> facts are going against you.

> As am I, but from the beginning of the current season. You claimed that
> it had been going on for years. Yet you now object to evidence from a
> period other than the present? That doesn't look at all suspicious!

It's *his* conspiracy allegation that requires proof, and quite some if
he's going to take it to the press/law.

2018-07-11 15:25:13 UTC
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:21:54 -0000 (UTC), "Kerr-Mudd,John"
<***@invalid.org> wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:48:52 GMT, Madrigal Gurneyhalt
><***@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 01:03:16 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:

>[]

>>> I am skeptical. If you can't prove what you claim, then it's moot.
>>
>> Er ... right back at yer! I have downloaded each of the shows in
>question
>> and watched the introductions and noted the winners. My evidence is
>> therefore exactly the same as yours. I have so far taken it on trust
>that
>> your analysis of the past few weeks is accurate. I don't suppose I'm
>> greatly surprised that you don't extend me the same courtesy when the
>> facts are going against you.

>> As am I, but from the beginning of the current season. You claimed that
>> it had been going on for years. Yet you now object to evidence from a
>> period other than the present? That doesn't look at all suspicious!
>>

>It's *his* conspiracy allegation that requires proof, and quite some if
>he's going to take it to the press/law.

Indeed, but I am not going to report it if it appears to be the case.

Have you observed what is gong on in the USA? A lady calling the
police because a black guy is wearing socks?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/08/woman-fired-called-cops-black-man-socks-pool/766467002/

We don't need a race war. This kind of behavior is acting to divide
the country even more. Just what trump needs.
Quinn C
2018-07-11 21:47:05 UTC
* Mack A. Damia:

> Have you observed what is gong on in the USA? A lady calling the
> police because a black guy is wearing socks?
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/08/woman-fired-called-cops-black-man-socks-pool/766467002/
>
> We don't need a race war. This kind of behavior is acting to divide
> the country even more. Just what trump needs.

| “no socks, tshirts, hats, or things of that nature are allowed in the
| pool.”

I do hope my swim shirt is not "of that nature".

--
Certain writers assert very decidedly that no pronouns are
needed beyond those we already possess, but this is simply a
-- Findlay (OH) Jeffersonian (1875)
bill van
2018-07-11 22:04:09 UTC
On 2018-07-11 15:25:13 +0000, Mack A. Damia said:

> Have you observed what is gong on in the USA? A lady calling the
> police because a black guy is wearing socks?
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/08/woman-fired-called-cops-black-man-socks-pool/766467002/
>

> We don't need a race war. This kind of behavior is acting to divide
> the country even more. Just what trump needs.

I followed that USA Today link and had read a whole paragraph when a
window containing survey questions popped up, while the rest of the
text was simultaneously greyed out. I'm not sure if it's because I'm
not in the U.S. or if it does that to all un-cookied visitors, but my
reaction to that kind of intrusion is not to tell them anything about
me, and to avoid that site in future.

2018-07-11 22:13:03 UTC
In article <pi5usq$3t1$***@dont-email.me>, bill van <***@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I followed that USA Today link and had read a whole paragraph when a
>window containing survey questions popped up, while the rest of the
>text was simultaneously greyed out.

Many pages of this sort can be read by selecting "reader view"
in Firefox's toolbar. I suspect other browsers have a similar
feature.

-- Richard
Madhu
2018-07-13 02:13:30 UTC
* Mack A. Damia <***@4ax.com> :
Wrote on Wed, 11 Jul 2018 08:25:13 -0700:
>.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/08/woman-fired-called-cops-black-man-socks-pool/766467002/

Even after I saw the headline

"Woman fired after calling the police on a black man for wearing
socks in community pool"

I thought this was a gun-violence article where the woman shot a man for
wearing socks after calling the cops
Peter T. Daniels
2018-07-13 03:27:23 UTC
On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 10:13:32 PM UTC-4, Madhu wrote:
> * Mack A. Damia <***@4ax.com> :
> Wrote on Wed, 11 Jul 2018 08:25:13 -0700:
> >.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/08/woman-fired-called-cops-black-man-socks-pool/766467002/
>
> Even after I saw the headline
>
> "Woman fired after calling the police on a black man for wearing
> socks in community pool"
>
> I thought this was a gun-violence article where the woman shot a man for
> wearing socks after calling the cops

Passives Often Used In Headlines

Actives Rare In Headlines
CDB
2018-07-11 13:42:18 UTC
On 7/11/2018 6:48 AM, Madrigal Gurneyhalt wrote:
> Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> Madrigal Gurneyhalt <***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> No site ... sight. I have video!

>> I am skeptical. If you can't prove what you claim, then it's
>> moot.

> Er ... right back at yer! I have downloaded each of the shows in
> question and watched the introductions and noted the winners. My
> evidence is therefore exactly the same as yours. I have so far taken
> it on trust that your analysis of the past few weeks is accurate. I
> don't suppose I'm greatly surprised that you don't extend me the same
> courtesy when the facts are going against you.

To do a reasonable job you will have to watch and take notes all through
each program, because the question is not really who won, but who was
kept from winning by the "luck" of the wheel. If they guess the wrong
letter, that's on them.

The good news is that you can speed through the filler.

Peter T. Daniels
2018-07-11 14:57:57 UTC
On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 9:42:21 AM UTC-4, CDB wrote:
> On 7/11/2018 6:48 AM, Madrigal Gurneyhalt wrote:
> > Mack A. Damia wrote:

> >> I am skeptical. If you can't prove what you claim, then it's
> >> moot.
>
> > Er ... right back at yer! I have downloaded each of the shows in
> > question and watched the introductions and noted the winners. My
> > evidence is therefore exactly the same as yours. I have so far taken
> > it on trust that your analysis of the past few weeks is accurate. I
> > don't suppose I'm greatly surprised that you don't extend me the same
> > courtesy when the facts are going against you.
>
> To do a reasonable job you will have to watch and take notes all through
> each program, because the question is not really who won, but who was
> kept from winning by the "luck" of the wheel. If they guess the wrong
> letter, that's on them.

But "luck of the wheel" would only pertain to the amount won for each
correct consonant pick. Higher-than-statistically-probable hittings of
Bankrupt would be sore-thumb category. (I haven't watched in quite a
while. Maybe they've added some more new features. Do they still do the
"bonus" spin where you can keep calling consonants without spinning,
until you make a mistake? There's no downside to keeping going once
you've solved the puzzle.)

CDB
2018-07-11 18:14:15 UTC
On 7/11/2018 10:57 AM, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
> CDB wrote:
>> Madrigal Gurneyhalt wrote:

>>> Er ... right back at yer! I have downloaded each of the shows in
>>> question and watched the introductions and noted the winners. My
>>> evidence is therefore exactly the same as yours. I have so far
>>> taken it on trust that your analysis of the past few weeks is
>>> accurate. I don't suppose I'm greatly surprised that you don't
>>> extend me the same courtesy when the facts are going against
>>> you.

>> To do a reasonable job you will have to watch and take notes all
>> through each program, because the question is not really who won,
>> but who was kept from winning by the "luck" of the wheel. If they
>> guess the wrong letter, that's on them.

> But "luck of the wheel" would only pertain to the amount won for
> each correct consonant pick. Higher-than-statistically-probable
> hittings of Bankrupt would be sore-thumb category. (I haven't watched
> in quite a while. Maybe they've added some more new features. Do they
> still do the "bonus" spin where you can keep calling consonants
> without spinning, until you make a mistake? There's no downside to
> keeping going once you've solved the puzzle.)

There are plenty of gimmicks, including that one. It does remove the
surmised element of control from the hypothetical controllers, but it
doesn't come up terribly often.

The value of individual segments (if you guess a letter) is secondary,
IMO, to the turns in which players hit "lose a turn" or "bankrupt".
Another, more regular, gimmick is the "final spin", which allows each
player to guess a letter in turn until the puzzle is solved, but for a
reward that is a thousand dollars more than the amount turned up by the
FS. The designers were, no doubt, addressing a loss of interest in the
audience when one player (especially one they dislike) is far ahead of
the others, since it sometimes results in upsets.

Mack A. Damia
2018-07-11 15:18:18 UTC
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:42:18 -0400, CDB <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 7/11/2018 6:48 AM, Madrigal Gurneyhalt wrote:
>> Mack A. Damia wrote:

>>> I am skeptical. If you can't prove what you claim, then it's
>>> moot.
>
>> Er ... right back at yer! I have downloaded each of the shows in
>> question and watched the introductions and noted the winners. My
>> evidence is therefore exactly the same as yours. I have so far taken
>> it on trust that your analysis of the past few weeks is accurate. I
>> don't suppose I'm greatly surprised that you don't extend me the same
>> courtesy when the facts are going against you.
>
>To do a reasonable job you will have to watch and take notes all through
>each program, because the question is not really who won, but who was
>kept from winning by the "luck" of the wheel. If they guess the wrong
>letter, that's on them.
>
>The good news is that you can speed through the filler.

Not necessary to watch the entire program to record results in my
original theory, but it is helpful to watch the action (as you say) to
support the theory.

I am waiting for Madgal to post his source. Where did he download a
month's worth of programs? And he has had time to watch them all?

Pah!
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-07-11 16:31:32 UTC
On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 16:17:58 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:42:18 -0400, CDB <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Er ... right back at yer! I have downloaded each of the shows in
> >> question and watched the introductions and noted the winners. My
> >> evidence is therefore exactly the same as yours. I have so far taken
> >> it on trust that your analysis of the past few weeks is accurate. I
> >> don't suppose I'm greatly surprised that you don't extend me the same
> >> courtesy when the facts are going against you.
> >
> >To do a reasonable job you will have to watch and take notes all through
> >each program, because the question is not really who won, but who was
> >kept from winning by the "luck" of the wheel. If they guess the wrong
> >letter, that's on them.
> >
> >The good news is that you can speed through the filler.
>
> Not necessary to watch the entire program to record results in my
> original theory, but it is helpful to watch the action (as you say) to
> support the theory.
>
> I am waiting for Madgal to post his source. Where did he download a
> month's worth of programs? And he has had time to watch them all?
>
> Pah!

Stopping only to point out that where 'he' downloaded them is onto
his hard disk and the word should be "whence", 'he' expresses complete
amazement that a user of newsgroups is not aware of Usenet's
vast resources in binary groups from which ordinary folks can
download pretty much every episode of every show broadcast in
the past five, if not ten years, thanks to the sterling efforts of fans
who record them and then post them as nzb files. I now have over
a hundred episodes of Season 35, which began last September 11
and have watched enough of the first 21 to determine the race of
the contestants and the eventual winner of the episode. Should
you wish to check my figures I am more than happy to introduce
you to the wonders of Sonaar and SABnzbd to enable you to
repeat the process. Obviously I'd rather that you simply apologise
for your appalling and totally unwarranted lack of trust but I've
no doubt more chance of winning the lottery (for which I don't buy
a ticket!)
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-11 16:45:14 UTC
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:31:32 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
<***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 16:17:58 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:

>> >To do a reasonable job you will have to watch and take notes all through
>> >each program, because the question is not really who won, but who was
>> >kept from winning by the "luck" of the wheel. If they guess the wrong
>> >letter, that's on them.
>> >
>> >The good news is that you can speed through the filler.
>>
>> Not necessary to watch the entire program to record results in my
>> original theory, but it is helpful to watch the action (as you say) to
>> support the theory.
>>
>> I am waiting for Madgal to post his source. Where did he download a
>> month's worth of programs? And he has had time to watch them all?
>>
>> Pah!
>
>Stopping only to point out that where 'he' downloaded them is onto
>his hard disk and the word should be "whence", 'he' expresses complete
>amazement that a user of newsgroups is not aware of Usenet's
>vast resources in binary groups from which ordinary folks can
>download pretty much every episode of every show broadcast in
>the past five, if not ten years, thanks to the sterling efforts of fans
>who record them and then post them as nzb files. I now have over
>a hundred episodes of Season 35, which began last September 11
>and have watched enough of the first 21 to determine the race of
>the contestants and the eventual winner of the episode. Should
>you wish to check my figures I am more than happy to introduce
>you to the wonders of Sonaar and SABnzbd to enable you to
>repeat the process. Obviously I'd rather that you simply apologise
>for your appalling and totally unwarranted lack of trust but I've
>no doubt more chance of winning the lottery (for which I don't buy
>a ticket!)

Please stop waffling.

So far, we have only heard your opinion. Post the link from which you
downloaded a month's of WOF programs.
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-07-11 17:24:27 UTC
On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 17:44:54 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:31:32 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:

> >> Not necessary to watch the entire program to record results in my
> >> original theory, but it is helpful to watch the action (as you say) to
> >> support the theory.
> >>
> >> I am waiting for Madgal to post his source. Where did he download a
> >> month's worth of programs? And he has had time to watch them all?
> >>
> >> Pah!
> >
> >Stopping only to point out that where 'he' downloaded them is onto
> >his hard disk and the word should be "whence", 'he' expresses complete
> >amazement that a user of newsgroups is not aware of Usenet's
> >vast resources in binary groups from which ordinary folks can
> >download pretty much every episode of every show broadcast in
> >the past five, if not ten years, thanks to the sterling efforts of fans
> >who record them and then post them as nzb files. I now have over
> >a hundred episodes of Season 35, which began last September 11
> >and have watched enough of the first 21 to determine the race of
> >the contestants and the eventual winner of the episode. Should
> >you wish to check my figures I am more than happy to introduce
> >you to the wonders of Sonaar and SABnzbd to enable you to
> >repeat the process. Obviously I'd rather that you simply apologise
> >for your appalling and totally unwarranted lack of trust but I've
> >no doubt more chance of winning the lottery (for which I don't buy
> >a ticket!)
>
> Please stop waffling.
>
> So far, we have only heard your opinion. Post the link from which you
> downloaded a month's of WOF programs.

I'm sorry but are you mentally challenged or just being
f***ing obtuse for the sake of it? Using the program Sonaar,
linked to a number of Usenet indexers, I tracked down the nzb
files posted in binary newsgroups which, using the download engine
SABnzbd enabled me to transfer a copy of each episode as mkv
files to my hard disk, from where I was able to play them using the
VLC media player and, using my eyes, ears and brain make a record
of the contestants and the winner.

As your Internet education is obviously severely lacking ...

https://sonarr.tv/
https://sabnzbd.org/
https://usenetreviewz.com/how-to-search-usenet/
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-11 19:55:57 UTC
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:24:27 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
<***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 17:44:54 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:31:32 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
>> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> >Stopping only to point out that where 'he' downloaded them is onto
>> >his hard disk and the word should be "whence", 'he' expresses complete
>> >amazement that a user of newsgroups is not aware of Usenet's
>> >vast resources in binary groups from which ordinary folks can
>> >download pretty much every episode of every show broadcast in
>> >the past five, if not ten years, thanks to the sterling efforts of fans
>> >who record them and then post them as nzb files. I now have over
>> >a hundred episodes of Season 35, which began last September 11
>> >and have watched enough of the first 21 to determine the race of
>> >the contestants and the eventual winner of the episode. Should
>> >you wish to check my figures I am more than happy to introduce
>> >you to the wonders of Sonaar and SABnzbd to enable you to
>> >repeat the process. Obviously I'd rather that you simply apologise
>> >for your appalling and totally unwarranted lack of trust but I've
>> >no doubt more chance of winning the lottery (for which I don't buy
>> >a ticket!)
>>
>> Please stop waffling.
>>
>> So far, we have only heard your opinion. Post the link from which you
>> downloaded a month's of WOF programs.
>
>I'm sorry but are you mentally challenged or just being
>f***ing obtuse for the sake of it? Using the program Sonaar,
>linked to a number of Usenet indexers, I tracked down the nzb
>files posted in binary newsgroups which, using the download engine
>SABnzbd enabled me to transfer a copy of each episode as mkv
>files to my hard disk, from where I was able to play them using the
>VLC media player and, using my eyes, ears and brain make a record
>of the contestants and the winner.
>
>As your Internet education is obviously severely lacking ...
>
>https://sonarr.tv/
>https://sabnzbd.org/
>https://usenetreviewz.com/how-to-search-usenet/

No.

You need to send me the actual url you used to download the shows.

There isn't even a search window on the Home Page for the first link.
The second one is a binary newsreader.

I think you went looking for these sites after-the-fact.

Specific link(s) to download past WOF programs, please.
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-07-11 21:31:18 UTC
On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 20:55:39 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:24:27 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 17:44:54 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> >> Please stop waffling.
> >>
> >> So far, we have only heard your opinion. Post the link from which you
> >> downloaded a month's of WOF programs.
> >
> >I'm sorry but are you mentally challenged or just being
> >f***ing obtuse for the sake of it? Using the program Sonaar,
> >linked to a number of Usenet indexers, I tracked down the nzb
> >files posted in binary newsgroups which, using the download engine
> >SABnzbd enabled me to transfer a copy of each episode as mkv
> >files to my hard disk, from where I was able to play them using the
> >VLC media player and, using my eyes, ears and brain make a record
> >of the contestants and the winner.
> >
> >As your Internet education is obviously severely lacking ...
> >
> >https://sonarr.tv/
> >https://sabnzbd.org/
> >https://usenetreviewz.com/how-to-search-usenet/
>
> No.
>
> You need to send me the actual url you used to download the shows.
>
> There isn't even a search window on the Home Page for the first link.
> The second one is a binary newsreader.
>
> I think you went looking for these sites after-the-fact.
>
> Specific link(s) to download past WOF programs, please.

I have been using Sonarr since it was first released (before which
I used Sickbeard) and SABnzbd for nearly a decade. That you have
zero awareness of how Usenet binaries that have been used by
millions for many, many years work is hilarious.
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-11 22:55:17 UTC
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 14:31:18 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
<***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 20:55:39 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:24:27 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
>> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> >I'm sorry but are you mentally challenged or just being
>> >f***ing obtuse for the sake of it? Using the program Sonaar,
>> >linked to a number of Usenet indexers, I tracked down the nzb
>> >files posted in binary newsgroups which, using the download engine
>> >SABnzbd enabled me to transfer a copy of each episode as mkv
>> >files to my hard disk, from where I was able to play them using the
>> >VLC media player and, using my eyes, ears and brain make a record
>> >of the contestants and the winner.
>> >
>> >As your Internet education is obviously severely lacking ...
>> >
>> >https://sonarr.tv/
>> >https://sabnzbd.org/
>> >https://usenetreviewz.com/how-to-search-usenet/
>>
>> No.
>>
>> You need to send me the actual url you used to download the shows.
>>
>> There isn't even a search window on the Home Page for the first link.
>> The second one is a binary newsreader.
>>
>> I think you went looking for these sites after-the-fact.
>>
>> Specific link(s) to download past WOF programs, please.
>
>I have been using Sonarr since it was first released (before which
>I used Sickbeard) and SABnzbd for nearly a decade. That you have
>zero awareness of how Usenet binaries that have been used by
>millions for many, many years work is hilarious.

You are waffling again. You are not providing accurate references to
your downloads - or the link to the WOF programs.

I will take Kerr-Mudd's advice and retire from this futile exchange.
Snidely
2018-07-12 07:28:16 UTC
Mack A. Damia scribbled something on Wednesday the 7/11/2018:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 14:31:18 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 20:55:39 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:

>>> No.
>>>
>>> You need to send me the actual url you used to download the shows.
>>>
>>> There isn't even a search window on the Home Page for the first link.
>>> The second one is a binary newsreader.
>>>
>>> I think you went looking for these sites after-the-fact.
>>>
>>> Specific link(s) to download past WOF programs, please.
>>
>> I have been using Sonarr since it was first released (before which
>> I used Sickbeard) and SABnzbd for nearly a decade. That you have
>> zero awareness of how Usenet binaries that have been used by
>> millions for many, many years work is hilarious.
>
> You are waffling again. You are not providing accurate references to
> your downloads - or the link to the WOF programs.

You're not a Bit-Torrent user, I take it. This appears to be a similar
peer-sharing set up. Mad may not know where any particular file is
coming from, and each file might come from a different peer. The
information may be in the logs, but who really cares?

If you install the software he pointed to, you can find out where the
files come from. Or you can find someone who's DVR is full of old WOF
episodes, and mine them from that source.

> I will take Kerr-Mudd's advice and retire from this futile exchange.

Note: I have installed the software, but I haven't finished setting
up, so I don't yet have episodes in hand, but I think it's mainly a
matter of catching up on the instructions.

The presence of this syntax results from the fact that SQLite is really
a Tcl extension that has escaped into the wild.
<http://www.sqlite.org/lang_expr.html>
Peter Moylan
2018-07-12 13:27:01 UTC
On 12/07/18 08:55, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 14:31:18 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 20:55:39 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:

>>> You need to send me the actual url you used to download the
>>> shows.
>>>
>>> There isn't even a search window on the Home Page for the first
>>> link. The second one is a binary newsreader.
>>>
>>> I think you went looking for these sites after-the-fact.
>>>
>>> Specific link(s) to download past WOF programs, please.
>>
>> I have been using Sonarr since it was first released (before which
>> I used Sickbeard) and SABnzbd for nearly a decade. That you have
>> zero awareness of how Usenet binaries that have been used by
>> millions for many, many years work is hilarious.
>
> You are waffling again. You are not providing accurate references
> to your downloads - or the link to the WOF programs.

I'll probably regret stepping into a pissing contest, but it does seem
that you have misread the information given. There is no link; no URL.
He is using a mechanism different from what web browsers do.

The internet is a lot bigger than the WWW.

2018-07-12 14:18:37 UTC
On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 23:27:01 +1000, Peter Moylan
<***@pmoylan.org.invalid> wrote:

>On 12/07/18 08:55, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 14:31:18 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
>> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> I have been using Sonarr since it was first released (before which
>>> I used Sickbeard) and SABnzbd for nearly a decade. That you have
>>> zero awareness of how Usenet binaries that have been used by
>>> millions for many, many years work is hilarious.
>>
>> You are waffling again. You are not providing accurate references
>> to your downloads - or the link to the WOF programs.
>
>I'll probably regret stepping into a pissing contest, but it does seem
>that you have misread the information given. There is no link; no URL.
>He is using a mechanism different from what web browsers do.
>
>The internet is a lot bigger than the WWW.

Sounds "iffy" to me.

So he put out a request for WOF programs, and somebody had a month's
worth recorded?

Way too sketchy. I can just as easily say the same thing about WOF
downloaded programs supporting my position. It doesn't wash.

Where is the proof? Where is the evidence? Where is my coffee?
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-07-12 15:12:34 UTC
On Thursday, 12 July 2018 15:18:20 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 23:27:01 +1000, Peter Moylan
> <***@pmoylan.org.invalid> wrote:
>
> >On 12/07/18 08:55, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> >> You are waffling again. You are not providing accurate references
> >> to your downloads - or the link to the WOF programs.
> >
> >I'll probably regret stepping into a pissing contest, but it does seem
> >that you have misread the information given. There is no link; no URL.
> >He is using a mechanism different from what web browsers do.
> >
> >The internet is a lot bigger than the WWW.
>
> Sounds "iffy" to me.
>
> So he put out a request for WOF programs, and somebody had a month's
> worth recorded?

Not even close.

> Way too sketchy. I can just as easily say the same thing about WOF
> downloaded programs supporting my position. It doesn't wash.
>
> Where is the proof? Where is the evidence? Where is my coffee?

Dear God! How is it possible to be this bloody thick? Utterly clueless!!

The Wheel of Fortune page in my Sonarr showing files downloaded
http://i68.tinypic.com/nohatk.jpg

My SABnzbd download history
http://i68.tinypic.com/b4grqp.jpg

The files on my hard disk
http://i65.tinypic.com/v63z2x.jpg

One show playing on my VLC
http://i64.tinypic.com/ojpab8.jpg

Now, trot on, dimwit, and get yourself some education. There's
very little more embarrassing than being a Usenet user without
the slightest idea of how Usenet works!

<https://www.howtogeek.com/71315/the-how-to-geek-guide-to-getting-started-with-usenet/>
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-12 15:24:19 UTC

Plonk, you worthless git.
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-07-12 15:43:03 UTC

Oh dear. Found you out, did we?
Peter T. Daniels
2018-07-12 16:13:03 UTC

Even I know what torrents and file-sharing are.
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-18 02:38:09 UTC
<***@pmoylan.org.invalid> wrote:

>On 12/07/18 08:55, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 14:31:18 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
>> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> I have been using Sonarr since it was first released (before which
>>> I used Sickbeard) and SABnzbd for nearly a decade. That you have
>>> zero awareness of how Usenet binaries that have been used by
>>> millions for many, many years work is hilarious.
>>
>> You are waffling again. You are not providing accurate references
>> to your downloads - or the link to the WOF programs.
>
>I'll probably regret stepping into a pissing contest, but it does seem
>that you have misread the information given. There is no link; no URL.
>He is using a mechanism different from what web browsers do.
>
>The internet is a lot bigger than the WWW.

I have used file sharing, P2P and torrents, but it was a long, long
time ago. I think the site was called Limewire, and there was Ares
and Pirate Bay (they had a lot of trouble). Was it Shareza?

I also tried a number of methods to hide my identity.

Warnings about viruses and the illegality stopped me for using them,
but I know very-well what they are, and I have used them.
Janet
2018-07-18 13:31:12 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
***@yahoo.com says...

> I also tried a number of methods to hide my identity.

LOL. You can hide your online identities, just not your personality.

Janet.
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-18 15:02:33 UTC
On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 14:31:12 +0100, Janet <***@home.com> wrote:

>In article <***@4ax.com>,
>***@yahoo.com says...
>
>> I also tried a number of methods to hide my identity.
>
> LOL. You can hide your online identities, just not your personality.

I know it's difficult for you, Janet, but do try to focus, and do it
without your usual prejudice and feelings of inferiority.
Kerr-Mudd,John
2018-07-11 21:34:08 UTC
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 19:55:57 GMT, Mack A. Damia <***@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:24:27 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 17:44:54 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:

[lots of lines snipped]

>>https://usenetreviewz.com/how-to-search-usenet/
>
> No.
>
> You need to send me the actual url you used to download the shows.
>
> There isn't even a search window on the Home Page for the first link.
> The second one is a binary newsreader.
>
> I think you went looking for these sites after-the-fact.
>
> Specific link(s) to download past WOF programs, please.

I would like to suggest that this isn't worth pursuing (any further).

Anders D. Nygaard
2018-07-13 15:50:43 UTC
Den 11-07-2018 kl. 23:34 skrev Kerr-Mudd,John:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 19:55:57 GMT, Mack A. Damia <***@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:24:27 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
>> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:

> [lots of lines snipped]
>
>>> https://usenetreviewz.com/how-to-search-usenet/
>>
>> No.
>>
>> You need to send me the actual url you used to download the shows.
>>
>> There isn't even a search window on the Home Page for the first link.
>> The second one is a binary newsreader.
>>
>> I think you went looking for these sites after-the-fact.
>>
>> Specific link(s) to download past WOF programs, please.
>
> I would like to suggest that this isn't worth pursuing (any further).

Yeah; Mack does appear quite education resistant.
Nice try, though, Maddy.

/Anders, Denmark.
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-13 16:10:05 UTC
On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:50:43 +0200, "Anders D. Nygaard"
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

>Den 11-07-2018 kl. 23:34 skrev Kerr-Mudd,John:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 19:55:57 GMT, Mack A. Damia <***@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> [lots of lines snipped]

>>> No.
>>>
>>> You need to send me the actual url you used to download the shows.
>>>
>>> There isn't even a search window on the Home Page for the first link.
>>> The second one is a binary newsreader.
>>>
>>> I think you went looking for these sites after-the-fact.
>>>
>>> Specific link(s) to download past WOF programs, please.
>>
>> I would like to suggest that this isn't worth pursuing (any further).
>
>Yeah; Mack does appear quite education resistant.
>Nice try, though, Maddy.

Thanks for your obtuse comment, Andy.

You seem to be lost in this issue, and your only objective is to prove
me wrong, despite the evidence.

C-L-O-S-E-D M-I-N-D.
Anders D. Nygaard
2018-07-17 18:22:13 UTC
Den 13-07-2018 kl. 18:10 skrev Mack A. Damia:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:50:43 +0200, "Anders D. Nygaard"
> <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Den 11-07-2018 kl. 23:34 skrev Kerr-Mudd,John:

>>> [lots of lines snipped]

>>> I would like to suggest that this isn't worth pursuing (any further).
>>
>> Yeah; Mack does appear quite education resistant.
>> Nice try, though, Maddy.
>
> Thanks for your obtuse comment, Andy.
>
> You seem to be lost in this issue, and your only objective is to prove
> me wrong, despite the evidence.

I have no skin in the WOF-debate, and have no intention of proving you
wrong, merely to suggest that your
> C-L-O-S-E-D M-I-N-D.
might benefit from a closer reading of what Madrigal has actually
written about binary newsreaders. There is no "actual url" used;
the mechanism is different.

And these are my last words in this subthread.

/Anders, Denmark.
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-17 21:12:33 UTC
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 20:22:13 +0200, "Anders D. Nygaard"
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

>Den 13-07-2018 kl. 18:10 skrev Mack A. Damia:
>> On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:50:43 +0200, "Anders D. Nygaard"
>> <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah; Mack does appear quite education resistant.
>>> Nice try, though, Maddy.
>>
>> Thanks for your obtuse comment, Andy.
>>
>> You seem to be lost in this issue, and your only objective is to prove
>> me wrong, despite the evidence.
>
>I have no skin in the WOF-debate, and have no intention of proving you
>wrong, merely to suggest that your
>> C-L-O-S-E-D M-I-N-D.
>might benefit from a closer reading of what Madrigal has actually
>written about binary newsreaders. There is no "actual url" used;
>the mechanism is different.
>
>And these are my last words in this subthread.

Holy mackerel, Andy!

So in other words, nobody can prove what he claimed, so WTF does it
matter what mechanism he used?

It isn't relevant evidence. Hell, it isn't even evidence.
Peter Moylan
2018-07-18 01:08:19 UTC
On 18/07/18 07:12, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 20:22:13 +0200, "Anders D. Nygaard"
> <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have no skin in the WOF-debate, and have no intention of proving you
>> wrong, merely to suggest that your
>>> C-L-O-S-E-D M-I-N-D.
>> might benefit from a closer reading of what Madrigal has actually
>> written about binary newsreaders. There is no "actual url" used;
>> the mechanism is different.
>>
>> And these are my last words in this subthread.
>
> Holy mackerel, Andy!
>
> So in other words, nobody can prove what he claimed, so WTF does it
> matter what mechanism he used?

That's a major non sequitur. Anyone can check his claim by doing what he
did, and using a binary newsreader or equivalent to fetch the episodes.

It's just that there's probably nobody here, apart from the two of you,
with any interest in checking it.

You're already using a newsreader, which is not a web browser, to access
AUE, so why are you so resistant to the notion that there are large
parts of the internet that have nothing to do with the WWW?

2018-07-18 02:09:55 UTC
On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 11:08:19 +1000, Peter Moylan
<***@pmoylan.org.invalid> wrote:

>On 18/07/18 07:12, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 20:22:13 +0200, "Anders D. Nygaard"
>> <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I have no skin in the WOF-debate, and have no intention of proving you
>>> wrong, merely to suggest that your
>>> might benefit from a closer reading of what Madrigal has actually
>>> written about binary newsreaders. There is no "actual url" used;
>>> the mechanism is different.
>>>
>>> And these are my last words in this subthread.
>>
>> Holy mackerel, Andy!
>>
>> So in other words, nobody can prove what he claimed, so WTF does it
>> matter what mechanism he used?
>
>That's a major non sequitur. Anyone can check his claim by doing what he
>did, and using a binary newsreader or equivalent to fetch the episodes.
>
>It's just that there's probably nobody here, apart from the two of you,
>with any interest in checking it.

You are checking me, and you are not the only one.

>You're already using a newsreader, which is not a web browser, to access
>AUE, so why are you so resistant to the notion that there are large
>parts of the internet that have nothing to do with the WWW?

Hey, it's my theory and experiment.

I have observed this over many years, and I said that before Madrigal
piped in.

It cannot be too obvious; it has to be subtle (if it is going on).

If Madrigal did view twenty-one programs, maybe he picked a lull in
the rig. His observations do not affect my experiment.

I have observed blacks winning six out of nine games where blacks were
contestants (against two whites).

I will report back on this topic in several months or more.
Kerr-Mudd,John
2018-07-20 20:32:10 UTC
On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 02:09:55 GMT, Mack A. Damia <***@yahoo.com>
[]

> I have observed blacks winning six out of nine games where blacks were
> contestants (against two whites).
>
> I will report back on this topic in several months or more.

Must you? I trust I'm not alone in finding this absurd repeated claim
tiresome.

2018-07-20 20:43:24 UTC
On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 20:32:10 -0000 (UTC), "Kerr-Mudd,John"
<***@invalid.org> wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 02:09:55 GMT, Mack A. Damia <***@yahoo.com>
>[]
>>
>> I have observed blacks winning six out of nine games where blacks were
>> contestants (against two whites).
>>
>> I will report back on this topic in several months or more.
>>
>Must you? I trust I'm not alone in finding this absurd repeated claim
>tiresome.

To each his own.

Some people in here find discussing adultery and the FBI, "Pudin"(?),
Bayeux tapestry, coffee and refills exhilarating. I do not.

I don't complain.
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-11 15:14:02 UTC
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:48:52 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
<***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 01:03:16 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:07:41 -0700 (PDT), Madrigal Gurneyhalt
>> <***@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> >No site ... sight. I have video!
>>
>> I am skeptical. If you can't prove what you claim, then it's moot.
>
>Er ... right back at yer! I have downloaded each of the shows in question
>and watched the introductions and noted the winners. My evidence is
>therefore exactly the same as yours. I have so far taken it on trust that
>your analysis of the past few weeks is accurate. I don't suppose I'm
>greatly surprised that you don't extend me the same courtesy when the
>facts are going against you.

You downloaded them from where?

>As am I, but from the beginning of the current season. You claimed that
>it had been going on for years. Yet you now object to evidence from a
>period other than the present? That doesn't look at all suspicious!

I don't believe you. It is as simple as that. Post your hard
evidence, please.
Quinn C
2018-07-12 21:39:23 UTC
* Mack A. Damia:

>>As am I, but from the beginning of the current season. You claimed that
>>it had been going on for years. Yet you now object to evidence from a
>>period other than the present? That doesn't look at all suspicious!
>
> I don't believe you. It is as simple as that. Post your hard
> evidence, please.

Not having watched the recent episodes myself, I have exactly the same
amount of evidence for your results as for Mad's. If your only argument
is that you didn't see it yourself, are you sure the earth is round?

--
If Helen Keller is alone in the forest and falls down, does she
make a sound?
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-13 00:28:24 UTC
On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:39:23 -0400, Quinn C
<***@crommatograph.info> wrote:

>* Mack A. Damia:

>>>As am I, but from the beginning of the current season. You claimed that
>>>it had been going on for years. Yet you now object to evidence from a
>>>period other than the present? That doesn't look at all suspicious!
>>
>> I don't believe you. It is as simple as that. Post your hard
>> evidence, please.
>
>Not having watched the recent episodes myself, I have exactly the same
>amount of evidence for your results as for Mad's. If your only argument
>is that you didn't see it yourself, are you sure the earth is round?

I am not certain you understand the dynamics of what is going on.

To recap:

On June 20, CDB wrote:

"Another indication of adjustments that I hadn't mentioned is that
Black people hardly ever used to win first prize, and now do so quite
often. The target audience feels better about that than it would have
felt last century."

On June 21, I wrote:

"Seriously, I watched Wheel of Fortune religiously for many years, and
then I became aware of something that turned me off. It wouldn't go
away, either, and continued to occur."

"The black contestants won practically all of the time - and some
extraordinary and amazing wins, too. You could really bet the bank at
the beginning of the show on who was going to win if there was a black
contestant."

"If it involves some kind of cheating, it is very subtle. I haven't
watched the show for a while."

On June 22, Madgal wrote:

"Piffle. Simply confirmation bias on your part. Having 'decided' that
black contestants were being given a helping hand you simply ignored
all the evidence to the contrary."

On June 22, I wrote:

"Confirmation bias? Don't be obtuse. If I am observing the programs
every day and merely noting the occurrence, there is no bias on my
part. What happens, happens without my bias."

"Could be a research project, too"

On June 30, I wrote:

Decided to tune in again last Monday after this discussion and watch
the show for a week.

Monday, June 25: White-White-Black. Black won.

Tuesday - N/A (meaning three Whites)

Wednesday - N/A

Thursday - N/A

Friday - White-White-Black. Black won.

"Only a week, and it could be coincidence, but as I mentioned, I
watched WOF religiously for years, and this is what turned me off to
the show."

"I will watch it for a few weeks and report back."

******

I have watched the show for several weeks, and there is enough
evidence that supports my theory to warrant further investigation.

My experiment is in progress, and Madgal is badmouthing and attacking
a project that is not finished yet. Such a scientific mind!

Madgal's frantic attempt to prove me wrong is flaccid. Anyway, I
think he is suffering from "Confirmation Bias", and as he has stated,
"Nobody suffering from confirmation bias knows that they are. If they
did, they wouldn't be"
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-07-13 10:04:31 UTC

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! Somebody please take away his shovel.
Quinn C
2018-07-13 17:26:32 UTC
* Mack A. Damia:

> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:39:23 -0400, Quinn C
> <***@crommatograph.info> wrote:
>
>>* Mack A. Damia:

>>> I don't believe you. It is as simple as that. Post your hard
>>> evidence, please.
>>
>>Not having watched the recent episodes myself, I have exactly the same
>>amount of evidence for your results as for Mad's. If your only argument
>>is that you didn't see it yourself, are you sure the earth is round?
>
> I am not certain you understand the dynamics of what is going on.

I think I do.

Let me emphasize that I was happy you were ready to create actual
statistics to back up your intuitive results.

I didn't think it was good style to post daily updates on the topic.
That's likely to annoy much of your audience. But I didn't appreciate
that others weren't acknowledging your willingness to get real numbers.

However, when Madrigal went out and added to the effort, you rejected
it with no good argument. Specifically, doubting that most TV programs
can be downloaded on the Internet makes you look quite out of touch. I
had some fun writing software to do that one summer about 10 years ago,
when I wasn't happy with the free software I had found.

> I have watched the show for several weeks, and there is enough
> evidence that supports my theory to warrant further investigation.
>
> My experiment is in progress, and Madgal is badmouthing and attacking
> a project that is not finished yet. Such a scientific mind!
>
> Madgal's frantic attempt to prove me wrong is flaccid. Anyway, I
> think he is suffering from "Confirmation Bias",

I suspected you of that myself, so I was happy you were ready to put
your theory to the test. Please keep in mind it'll take several months
for the statistics to be meaningful.

But what are you insinuating in the above? Madrigal as well gave a
count by now, not just theories.

--
The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts
agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer
Nathaniel Borenstein
Mack A. Damia
2018-07-13 18:18:06 UTC
On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 13:26:32 -0400, Quinn C
<***@crommatograph.info> wrote:

>* Mack A. Damia:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:39:23 -0400, Quinn C
>> <***@crommatograph.info> wrote:
>>
>>>* Mack A. Damia:

>>>Not having watched the recent episodes myself, I have exactly the same
>>>amount of evidence for your results as for Mad's. If your only argument
>>>is that you didn't see it yourself, are you sure the earth is round?
>>
>> I am not certain you understand the dynamics of what is going on.
>
>I think I do.
>
>Let me emphasize that I was happy you were ready to create actual
>statistics to back up your intuitive results.
>
>I didn't think it was good style to post daily updates on the topic.
>That's likely to annoy much of your audience. But I didn't appreciate
>that others weren't acknowledging your willingness to get real numbers.

Probably not a good idea to post daily. I reported the first week in
one post, and then felt it necessary to post daily - especially when
Black won.

>However, when Madrigal went out and added to the effort, you rejected
>it with no good argument. Specifically, doubting that most TV programs
>can be downloaded on the Internet makes you look quite out of touch. I
>had some fun writing software to do that one summer about 10 years ago,
>when I wasn't happy with the free software I had found.

I am still very doubtful, and that's because there are two kinds of
people in AUE: Those who seek the truth and those who want to prevail
in the argument and be right. Madrigal falls into the latter
category. I think this is obvious to anybody who has engaged him in
discussion. Notice that most of his posts to *anybody* contain his
corrections.

He is not interested in the "truth"; he is only interested in proving
me wrong, and understand what he had to do to try to prove me wrong:
He had to download and view twenty programs. I don't think so.

His pronouncements go against what I said *before* he entered the
discussion: I have noticed my theory over several years, and I had
stopped watching because I was convinced (an still am) that there is
some kind of "rig" going on.

He was unwilling to accept my findings from the first couple of weeks
that tend to support my claim. He knew "for certain", and he wasn't
interested in my pursuit of the truth

I have said several time that I could be wrong, but the jury is still
sifting through the evidence.

>> I have watched the show for several weeks, and there is enough
>> evidence that supports my theory to warrant further investigation.
>>
>> My experiment is in progress, and Madgal is badmouthing and attacking
>> a project that is not finished yet. Such a scientific mind!
>>
>> Madgal's frantic attempt to prove me wrong is flaccid. Anyway, I
>> think he is suffering from "Confirmation Bias",
>
>I suspected you of that myself, so I was happy you were ready to put
>your theory to the test. Please keep in mind it'll take several months
>for the statistics to be meaningful.

Yes!

>But what are you insinuating in the above? Madrigal as well gave a
>count by now, not just theories.

See my remarks above. Anybody with a TV who can access U.S. programs
can verify what happens on a daily basis. I cannot access Madrigal's
programs. Can anybody?

Verify and I will abstain.
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-07-13 20:01:24 UTC
On Friday, 13 July 2018 19:17:51 UTC+1, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> [...]
> sifting through the evidence.
>
> >> I have watched the show for several weeks, and there is enough
> >> evidence that supports my theory to warrant further investigation.
> >>
> >> My experiment is in progress, and Madgal is badmouthing and attacking
> >> a project that is not finished yet. Such a scientific mind!
> >>
> >> Madgal's frantic attempt to prove me wrong is flaccid. Anyway, I
> >> think he is suffering from "Confirmation Bias",
> >
> >I suspected you of that myself, so I was happy you were ready to put
> >your theory to the test. Please keep in mind it'll take several months
> >for the statistics to be meaningful.
>
> Yes!
>
> >But what are you insinuating in the above? Madrigal as well gave a
> >count by now, not just theories.
>
> See my remarks above. Anybody with a TV who can access U.S. programs
> can verify what happens on a daily basis. I cannot access Madrigal's

It's the Internet. Anybody can do it. Unless they're determined not to
of course. I gave the dates of original broadcast and can give the
series and episode details. I demonstrated that the files were present
on my computer and still I'm subjected to this ridiculous slur on my
integrity. All to justify his racist decision to stop watching a show
because it was too nice to black people. I've blown that argument out
of the water and he doesn't like it so let's shoot the messenger. He's
now shown the colour of his 'science' on another thread so I really
don't need to justify myself any further. Now we all know exactly what
is going on I trust that any further posts on this subject will be treated
with the contempt they so richly deserve! This thread is dead to me!