A sale of two cities
2017-10-07 03:23:18 UTC
Selling the idea of two cities rolled into one with the help of mass transit is called here:

A sale of two cities
https://books.google.com/books?id=QhX4TlcdgLIC&pg=PA124

I say: To make the worst of times give way to the best of times:-)

("It was the best of times; it was the worst of times" is the 1st sentence in "A Tale of Two Cities")

It is the worst of times for mass transit in Paris; its share of commuters is down to 20% because 82% of the population lives in the suburbs, a substantial proportion of them out of reach of mass transit.

The Grand Paris Express (4 metro lines to connect suburbs to each other and to radials) is claimed to be able to usher in the best of times for mass transit, capturing a greater share of commuters than ever before.

Be that as it may, the two cities in the title are not strictly two cities; the two are 1) Paris and 2) its suburbs.
Harrison Hill
Whereas London *is* two cities: City of London and of Westminster.
Dingbat
.... divided by the Fleet sewer:->
Peter Moylan
2017-10-08 10:52:54 UTC
Post by Dingbat
A sale of two cities
https://books.google.com/books?id=QhX4TlcdgLIC&pg=PA124
I say: To make the worst of times give way to the best of times:-)
("It was the best of times; it was the worst of times" is the 1st sentence in "A Tale of Two Cities")
By Edmund Wells? No, I think he was the author of "A Sale of Two Titties".
2017-10-09 10:53:58 UTC
Post by Dingbat
A sale of two cities
https://books.google.com/books?id=QhX4TlcdgLIC&pg=PA124
I say: To make the worst of times give way to the best of times:-)
("It was the best of times; it was the worst of times" is the 1st sentence in "A Tale of Two Cities")
By Edmund Wells? No, I think he was the author of "A Sale of Two Titties".
A salacious tale?

A spoonerism too risque for Spooner himself.

He restricted himself to ones like "You hissed my mystery lecture."