like your late father
2018-07-10 07:55:51 UTC
1) I am sure that you will be loyal to us like your late father.
2) I am sure that you, just like your late father, will be loyal to us.

Are both grammatical?

Are they idiomatic?

Gratefully,
Navi
Harrison Hill
2018-07-10 10:24:31 UTC
1) I am sure that you will be loyal to us like your late father.
2) I am sure that you, just like your late father, will be loyal to us.
Are both grammatical?
Are they idiomatic?
In the formal (and unlikely) setting that would prompt such
sentences to be uttered, they are idiomatic - and they are certainly
grammatical.
Peter T. Daniels
2018-07-10 12:16:47 UTC
1) I am sure that you will be loyal to us like your late father.
2) I am sure that you, just like your late father, will be loyal to us.
Are both grammatical?
What could possibly not be grammatical?
Post by a***@gmail.com
Are they idiomatic?
Why not? (1) of course is ambiguous, (2) is not.