Post by email@example.com
1) It was better how it was before.
2) It was better like it was before.
3) It was better as it was before.
4) It was better the way it was before.
Which are grammatical?
Which are idiomatic?
(4) is best, (1) is almost as good. (3) sounds a little old-fashioned,
but it is technically correct. They all say something like "I preferred
it the way it used to be".
(2) has a different meaning: it was better, to the same extent as it was
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW, Australia