a writer's novel
2017-08-10 06:14:58 UTC
1) This is a writer's novel.

What does that mean?
That is a novel that will primarily interest writers?

Gratefully,
Navi.
Harrison Hill
2017-08-10 07:57:34 UTC
1) This is a writer's novel.
What does that mean?
That is a novel that will primarily interest writers?
Gratefully,
Navi.
The novel will be most appreciated by people who recognise
good writing. It is a compliment; and carries no hint that
non-writers might not be able to follow it or enjoy it.
Don Phillipson
2017-08-11 19:22:44 UTC
1) This is a writer's novel.
What does that mean?
That is a novel that will primarily interest writers?
Exactly so. This is why the sentence is thus worded.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)
Tony Cooper
2017-08-11 21:53:14 UTC
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:22:44 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
Post by Don Phillipson
Post by a***@gmail.com
1) This is a writer's novel.
What does that mean?
That is a novel that will primarily interest writers?
Exactly so. This is why the sentence is thus worded.
I'm not sure that the novel will *interest* writers, but it will be
admired by writers for the style even if they don't find the plot
interesting.

There is no science fiction/fantasy novel that would interest me, but
there might be one that is written in a style that I admire.