Eats shoots and kills
2018-02-20 05:47:26 UTC
Headline in _The Washington Post_ online edition:

"Uber Eats driver charged with murder in the shooting death of a
customer, police say"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/
2018-02-20 13:14:18 UTC
"Uber Eats driver charged with murder in the shooting death of a
customer, police say"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/
Are you by any chance pretending that "Eats" is a verb and not part of the name of a driving service?

Or are you pointing out that a murder charge is a simple verifiable fact but they've treated
it as hearsay?
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-02-20 13:40:17 UTC
"Uber Eats driver charged with murder in the shooting death of a
customer, police say"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/
Are you by any chance pretending that "Eats" is a verb and not part of the name of a driving service?
Or are you pointing out that a murder charge is a simple verifiable fact but they've treated
it as hearsay?
I don't think he's making any comment about the grammar just the
similarity with the well known title. Having said that, however, the
tautology of having murdered someone to death is rather amusing.
Peter T. Daniels
2018-02-20 14:07:39 UTC
Post by Madrigal Gurneyhalt
"Uber Eats driver charged with murder in the shooting death of a
customer, police say"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/
Are you by any chance pretending that "Eats" is a verb and not part of the name of a driving service?
Or are you pointing out that a murder charge is a simple verifiable fact but they've treated
it as hearsay?
I don't think he's making any comment about the grammar just the
similarity with the well known title. Having said that, however, the
tautology of having murdered someone to death is rather amusing.
I don't understand. "Murder" is a specific type of homicide; a "shooting death"
can be anything from accident to suicide to manslaughter to negligent homicide
to first-degree murder.
Paul Carmichael
2018-02-23 10:00:09 UTC
Post by Madrigal Gurneyhalt
"Uber Eats driver charged with murder in the shooting death of a
customer, police say"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/
Are you by any chance pretending that "Eats" is a verb and not part of the name of a driving service?
Or are you pointing out that a murder charge is a simple verifiable fact but they've treated
it as hearsay?
I don't think he's making any comment about the grammar just the
similarity with the well known title. Having said that, however, the
tautology of having murdered someone to death is rather amusing.
I'd like to know what a shooting death is.
--
Paul.

https://paulc.es/
https://asetrad.org
Peter T. Daniels
One that wasn't a stabbing death, or a poisoning death, or a garotting death, or ...
Snidely
2018-02-24 09:12:39 UTC
Post by Paul Carmichael
Post by Madrigal Gurneyhalt
"Uber Eats driver charged with murder in the shooting death of a
customer, police say"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/
Are you by any chance pretending that "Eats" is a verb and not part of the
name of a driving service?
Or are you pointing out that a murder charge is a simple verifiable fact
but they've treated
it as hearsay?
I don't think he's making any comment about the grammar just the
similarity with the well known title. Having said that, however, the
tautology of having murdered someone to death is rather amusing.
I'd like to know what a shooting death is.
It's what happens when you don't go to the doctor about a shooting
pain.

I have always been glad we weren't killed that night. I do not know
any particular reason, but I have always been glad.
_Roughing It_, Mark Twain
Arindam Banerjee
2018-02-22 09:54:50 UTC
"Uber Eats driver charged with murder in the shooting death of a
customer, police say"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/
A panda came to a bar and had a good meal. After that took out a gun and fired it. Then he left. He was following the expected behaviour of a panda as he had read in some book somewhere: panda eats shoots and leaves.

Would they have charged him for the meal in the USA? I wonder.