help
fate
2018-06-28 21:30:16 UTC
Hi all,

“You’re very talented and very skillful. Who taught you how to embroider like that?
Before she could say anything, a water nymph broke in:

“Who do you think she learned it from? The arts and crafts nymph must have taught her. She is the master of embroidery.”

The girl raised her head and gave the water nymph a dirty look.

“That’s not true!” she said. I did not learn it from anybody. I was born talented. Who is this art and crafts nymph, huh? She needs to learn how to embroider from me."

How can I write the last two sentences in a better English? Could you also find my mistakes throughout my writing?

I don't know whether it is a right platform or not, but do you mind proofreading my paragraphs or sentences from time to time? I really need somebody to correct my English and really appreciate your help.

Thank you all,

fate
Peter T. Daniels
2018-06-28 21:56:36 UTC

Change "huh" to "anyway" and "She should learn embroidery from me!"
Horace LaBadie
2018-06-28 21:57:03 UTC
In article <9ddae6a0-f170-4fc6-940f-***@googlegroups.com>,
fate <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> “You’re very talented and very skillful. Who taught you how to embroider like
> that?
> Before she could say anything, a water nymph broke in:
>
> “Who do you think she learned it from? The arts and crafts nymph must have
> taught her. She is the master of embroidery.”
>
> The girl raised her head and gave the water nymph a dirty look.
>
> “That’s not true!” she said. I did not learn it from anybody. I was born
> talented. Who is this art and crafts nymph, huh? She needs to learn how to
> embroider from me."
>

> How can I write the last two sentences in a better English? Could you also
> find my mistakes throughout my writing?
>
> I don't know whether it is a right platform or not, but do you mind
> proofreading my paragraphs or sentences from time to time? I really need
> somebody to correct my English and really appreciate your help.
>
> Thank you all,
>
> fate

"Who is this arts and crafts nymph, anyway? She could learn a thing or
two about embroidering from me !"
Hen Hanna
2018-06-28 22:13:21 UTC
On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 2:57:07 PM UTC-7, Horace LaBadie wrote:
> In article <9ddae6a0-f170-4fc6-940f-***@googlegroups.com>,
> fate <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > “You’re very talented and very skillful. Who taught you how to embroider like
> > that?
> > Before she could say anything, a water nymph broke in:
> >
> > “Who do you think she learned it from? The arts and crafts nymph must have
> > taught her. She is the master of embroidery.”
> >
> > The girl raised her head and gave the water nymph a dirty look.
> >
> > “That’s not true!” she said. I did not learn it from anybody. I was born
> > talented. Who is this art and crafts nymph, huh? She needs to learn how to
> > embroider from me."
> >

> > How can I write the last two sentences in a better English? Could you also
> > find my mistakes throughout my writing?
> >
> > I don't know whether it is a right platform or not, but do you mind
> > proofreading my paragraphs or sentences from time to time? I really need
> > somebody to correct my English and really appreciate your help.
> >
> > Thank you all,
> >
> > fate

"Who is this Arts-and-Crafts nymph?
I should be teaching her -- whoever she is!"

this reminds me of Lucia Joyce's famous remark.

and the rude guy in Sci.Lang
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sci.lang
who claims to speak 15 (?) languages

with the famous remark [I am your teacher.] HH
fate
2018-07-09 14:27:55 UTC
On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 4:30:19 PM UTC-5, fate wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> “You’re very talented and very skillful. Who taught you how to embroider like that?
> Before she could say anything, a water nymph broke in:
>
> “Who do you think she learned it from? The arts and crafts nymph must have taught her. She is the master of embroidery.”
>
> The girl raised her head and gave the water nymph a dirty look.
>
> “That’s not true!” she said. I did not learn it from anybody. I was born talented. Who is this art and crafts nymph, huh? She needs to learn how to embroider from me."
>

> How can I write the last two sentences in a better English? Could you also find my mistakes throughout my writing?
>
> I don't know whether it is a right platform or not, but do you mind proofreading my paragraphs or sentences from time to time? I really need somebody to correct my English and really appreciate your help.
>
> Thank you all,
>
> fate

Hi all,

I appreciate if you check my mistakes in this writing. I'm not sure about the last sentence. How can I improve it and write it in a better English.

Thank you all very much for your help.

I too was curious about this girl. Kate led the way and I followed her behind, quickly passing the meadow we came to girl's side.

She was a blond girl, so blond that even her eyebrows and eyelashes were golden. She knelt down on the grass turning her face to the sun. She was just sitting still. If she hadn't moved her lips while singing, one could easily have mistaken her for a statue.

“You see, uncle? ” whispered Kate. “She is such a weird person, isn’t she?
Why is she sitting like that?”

“Why don’t you ask her?” I said.

I told you uncle, I did ask her but she didn't even look at my face.

“ Maybe she didn’t hear you while singing. Let’s wait till her song is over.”

We waited and waited, but the blond girl’s song didn’t seem like it was going to end .It was a song without lyrics. Coming deep from her heart, it was a fascinating melody which was sometimes rising and sometimes falling.
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-07-09 14:36:33 UTC
On Monday, 9 July 2018 15:27:57 UTC+1, fate wrote:
> On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 4:30:19 PM UTC-5, fate wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > “You’re very talented and very skillful. Who taught you how to embroider like that?
> > Before she could say anything, a water nymph broke in:
> >
> > “Who do you think she learned it from? The arts and crafts nymph must have taught her. She is the master of embroidery.”
> >
> > The girl raised her head and gave the water nymph a dirty look.
> >
> > “That’s not true!” she said. I did not learn it from anybody. I was born talented. Who is this art and crafts nymph, huh? She needs to learn how to embroider from me."
> >

> > How can I write the last two sentences in a better English? Could you also find my mistakes throughout my writing?
> >
> > I don't know whether it is a right platform or not, but do you mind proofreading my paragraphs or sentences from time to time? I really need somebody to correct my English and really appreciate your help.
> >
> > Thank you all,
> >
> > fate
>
> Hi all,
>
> I appreciate if you check my mistakes in this writing. I'm not sure about the last sentence. How can I improve it and write it in a better English.
>
> Thank you all very much for your help.

> I too was curious about this girl. Kate led the way and I followed her behind, quickly passing the meadow we came to girl's side.
>
> She was a blond girl, so blond that even her eyebrows and eyelashes were golden. She knelt down on the grass turning her face to the sun. She was just sitting still. If she hadn't moved her lips while singing, one could easily have mistaken her for a statue.
>
> “You see, uncle? ” whispered Kate. “She is such a weird person, isn’t she?
> Why is she sitting like that?”
>
> “Why don’t you ask her?” I said.
>
> I told you uncle, I did ask her but she didn't even look at my face.
>
> “ Maybe she didn’t hear you while singing. Let’s wait till her song is over.”
>
> We waited and waited, but the blond girl’s song didn’t seem like it was going to end .It was a song without lyrics. Coming deep from her heart, it was a fascinating melody which was sometimes rising and sometimes falling.

I'd be more worried about your second sentence unless you really
mean that you were following Kate's glutei maximi!
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2018-07-09 16:25:07 UTC
On 2018-07-09 14:36:33 +0000, Madrigal Gurneyhalt said:

> On Monday, 9 July 2018 15:27:57 UTC+1, fate wrote:
>> On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 4:30:19 PM UTC-5, fate wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> “You’re very talented and very skillful. Who taught you how to
>>> embroider like that?> > Before she could say anything, a water nymph
>>> broke in:
>>>
>>> “Who do you think she learned it from? The arts and crafts nymph must
>>> have taught her. She is the master of embroidery.”
>>>
>>> The girl raised her head and gave the water nymph a dirty look.
>>>
>>> “That’s not true!” she said. I did not learn it from anybody. I was
>>> born talented. Who is this art and crafts nymph, huh? She needs to
>>> learn how to embroider from me."
>>>

>>> How can I write the last two sentences in a better English? Could you
>>> also find my mistakes throughout my writing?
>>>
>>> I don't know whether it is a right platform or not, but do you mind
>>> proofreading my paragraphs or sentences from time to time? I really
>>> need somebody to correct my English and really appreciate your help.
>>>
>>> Thank you all,
>>>
>>> fate
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I appreciate if you check my mistakes in this writing. I'm not sure
>> about the last sentence. How can I improve it and write it in a better
>> English.>> Thank you all very much for your help.

>> I too was curious about this girl. Kate led the way and I followed her
>> behind, quickly passing the meadow we came to girl's side.>> She was a
>> blond girl, so blond that even her eyebrows and eyelashes were golden.
>> She knelt down on the grass turning her face to the sun. She was just
>> sitting still. If she hadn't moved her lips while singing, one could
>> easily have mistaken her for a statue.>> “You see, uncle? ” whispered
>> Kate. “She is such a weird person, isn’t she?> Why is she sitting like
>> that?”
>>
>> “Why don’t you ask her?” I said.
>>
>> I told you uncle, I did ask her but she didn't even look at my face.
>>
>> “ Maybe she didn’t hear you while singing. Let’s wait till her song is over.”
>>
>> We waited and waited, but the blond girl’s song didn’t seem like it was
>> going to end .It was a song without lyrics. Coming deep from her heart,
>> it was a fascinating melody which was sometimes rising and sometimes
>> falling.
>
> I'd be more worried about your second sentence unless you really
> mean that you were following Kate's glutei maximi!

Not impossible! It happens, often.

2018-07-09 16:43:30 UTC

The calllipygian Kate!
RH Draney
2018-07-09 21:50:50 UTC

https://youtu.be/2JOB_oElZDk

....r
Peter T. Daniels
2018-07-09 16:09:24 UTC
On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 10:27:57 AM UTC-4, fate wrote:
> On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 4:30:19 PM UTC-5, fate wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > “You’re very talented and very skillful. Who taught you how to embroider like that?
> > Before she could say anything, a water nymph broke in:
> >
> > “Who do you think she learned it from? The arts and crafts nymph must have taught her. She is the master of embroidery.”
> >
> > The girl raised her head and gave the water nymph a dirty look.
> >
> > “That’s not true!” she said. I did not learn it from anybody. I was born talented. Who is this art and crafts nymph, huh? She needs to learn how to embroider from me."
> >

> > How can I write the last two sentences in a better English? Could you also find my mistakes throughout my writing?
> >
> > I don't know whether it is a right platform or not, but do you mind proofreading my paragraphs or sentences from time to time? I really need somebody to correct my English and really appreciate your help.
> >
> > Thank you all,
> >
> > fate
>
> Hi all,
>
> I appreciate if you check my mistakes in this writing. I'm not sure about the last sentence. How can I improve it and write it in a better English.

Every melody is "sometimes rising and sometimes falling." Say instead
what you mean.

As for the girl's behind, you simply say "I followed behind her."

fate
2018-07-10 02:49:24 UTC

Thanks for your reply Peter T. Daniels. I had better look for another group to get decent answers for my questions.
bill van
2018-07-10 05:34:58 UTC
On 2018-07-10 02:49:24 +0000, fate said:

> On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 4:30:19 PM UTC-5, fate wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> “You’re very talented and very skillful. Who taught you how to
>> embroider like that?> Before she could say anything, a water nymph
>> broke in:
>>
>> “Who do you think she learned it from? The arts and crafts nymph must
>> have taught her. She is the master of embroidery.”
>>
>> The girl raised her head and gave the water nymph a dirty look.
>>
>> “That’s not true!” she said. I did not learn it from anybody. I was
>> born talented. Who is this art and crafts nymph, huh? She needs to
>> learn how to embroider from me."
>>

>> How can I write the last two sentences in a better English? Could you
>> also find my mistakes throughout my writing?
>>
>> I don't know whether it is a right platform or not, but do you mind
>> proofreading my paragraphs or sentences from time to time? I really
>> need somebody to correct my English and really appreciate your help.
>>
>> Thank you all,
>>
>> fate
>
> Thanks for your reply Peter T. Daniels. I had better look for another
> group to get decent answers for my questions.

Another option is to read aue for a while and find out what it is good
for and what it isn't. It won't do you any harm and who knows what
you'll find?

2018-07-10 06:08:05 UTC
On 2018-07-10 05:34:58 +0000, bill van said:

> On 2018-07-10 02:49:24 +0000, fate said:
>
>> On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 4:30:19 PM UTC-5, fate wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> “You’re very talented and very skillful. Who taught you how to
>>> embroider like that?> Before she could say anything, a water nymph
>>> broke in:
>>>
>>> “Who do you think she learned it from? The arts and crafts nymph must
>>> have taught her. She is the master of embroidery.”
>>>
>>> The girl raised her head and gave the water nymph a dirty look.
>>>
>>> “That’s not true!” she said. I did not learn it from anybody. I was
>>> born talented. Who is this art and crafts nymph, huh? She needs to
>>> learn how to embroider from me."
>>>

>>> How can I write the last two sentences in a better English? Could you
>>> also find my mistakes throughout my writing?
>>>
>>> I don't know whether it is a right platform or not, but do you mind
>>> proofreading my paragraphs or sentences from time to time? I really
>>> need somebody to correct my English and really appreciate your help.
>>>
>>> Thank you all,
>>>
>>> fate
>>
>> Thanks for your reply Peter T. Daniels. I had better look for another
>> group to get decent answers for my questions.
>
> Another option is to read aue for a while and find out what it is good
> for and what it isn't. It won't do you any harm and who knows what
> you'll find?

In particular fate should learn that this not a help desk, but a place
for people to discuss things. Apart from anything else, [s]he complains
about not getting decent answers to his/her questions, but [s]he didn't
actually ask any specific questions.