NIGGER TOES
Add Reply
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2017-12-01 02:51:10 UTC
I furst learned that expression as a child. I remember it clearly. We were at the dining table and there was a big glass bowl of assorted nuts. I remember picking a big one out and asking what it was called.

"Nigger toe," my father said.

Then everyone began to laugh...

Now the, how about your fond memories? You got any?
If ya do, please feel free to share....
And god bless.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2017-12-01 14:19:57 UTC
I furst learned that expression as a child.  I remember it clearly.  We were at the dining table and there was a big glass bowl of assorted nuts.  I remember picking a big one out and asking what it was called.
"Nigger toe," my father said.
Then everyone began to laugh...
Now the, how about your fond memories?  You got any?
If ya do, please feel free to share....
And god bless.
I mean, other than the one where BrennAss blows the entire U.S. Navy and calls it sushi.
LOL
y***@gmail.com
That's what Brazil nuts were called in my youth (U.S., 1940s-50s).
Joseph C. Fineman
2017-12-04 02:25:09 UTC
Post by y***@gmail.com
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
I furst learned that expression as a child. I remember it clearly.
We were at the dining table and there was a big glass bowl of
assorted nuts. I remember picking a big one out and asking what it
was called.
"Nigger toe," my father said.
Then everyone began to laugh...
Now the, how about your fond memories? You got any?
If ya do, please feel free to share....
And god bless.
That's what Brazil nuts were called in my youth (U.S., 1940s-50s).
WIWAL, in southern California, in that era, my family knew that that
expression existed, but did not use it. On the other hand, we were
leftists -- and Jews.

Likewise, in school, we knew the original of "Catch a tiger by the toe",
but that was for bad people.
--
--- Joe Fineman ***@verizon.net

||: Those who will not do arithmetic are doomed to speak :||
||: nonsense. :||
Dr. HotSalt
2017-12-03 11:13:58 UTC
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
I furst learned that expression as a child. I remember it clearly. We were at the dining table and there was a big glass bowl of assorted nuts. I remember picking a big one out and asking what it was called.
"Nigger toe," my father said.
Then everyone began to laugh...
Now the, how about your fond memories? You got any?
If ya do, please feel free to share....
And god bless.
If you're trying to take offensive so far over the top it becomes funny, you're doin it rong:

Dr. H.potSalt