Hebrew insult-words for Arabs - 'arabush'
Add Reply
w***@gmail.com
2017-04-13 17:07:49 UTC
ALLAHU AKBAR....soulds like Akhbar
Akhbar in Hebrew means mouse, Akhbarosh is rat
Yusuf B Gursey
2017-04-15 10:13:12 UTC
And, no, I'm not going to claim it has something to do with worldwide
Jewish conspiracies to deliberately misinform USAians. Even if I believed
in such stupid propagandist claims of "Jew-controlled [anything]" (I
don't), the USAians are capable of misinforming themselves well enough,
without intervention on behalf of any race, religion, or culture.
I don't think we're misinformed on this subject. I get the
same newspaper coverage and see the same TV coverage as the
poster. I see accounts of violence initiated by each side.
I read each side saying "He started it!".
The bias is on the part of the reader, and not because of
what he reads. Partially, it's an image problem. Most
Americans live around and know Jewish people. They
associate the Jews in Israel with nice Mr. Goldburg that
lives down the street, or Miss Cohen they work with. Some
assume that Israelis are just like these people, but with an
accent.
The other side, though, are strange to us. Dark, evil
looking people that don't speak English. Who'd look at
Arafat and relate him to the nice Mr. Goldburg down the
street?
And before WWII, before 1967, (when the US and Israeli
interests became closely identified and support for Israel
became support for the US side of the Cold War) "Mr. Goldburg"
was not considered so nice by many.
There's a perception that the Jews are like us, and the
After those dates.
Arabs are them.
Let's not blame the media for this. If an individual is
operating on bias and perception, it's often self-induced.
Provider of Jots and Tittles
Peter T. Daniels
2017-04-15 12:35:02 UTC
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
[...]
Why are you responding to a Tony Cooper inanity from 15 years ago?
Yusuf B Gursey
2017-04-16 10:26:19 UTC
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
[...]
I didn't notice the date. Google Groups displayed it.
Peter Moylan
2017-04-15 15:10:13 UTC
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
[...]
And dependent on country. The general perception in Australia is that
Jews are OK but that Israel is evil.
2017-04-15 15:29:44 UTC
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
[...]
at school I found the only obvious Jew totally obnoxious and my "best
friend" was a Muslim from Pakistan. But those are specifics not
generalities.
2017-04-15 21:19:11 UTC
[...]
Objection, M'Lud. Representative democracies are subject to these
risks. I don't think Australia, Canada, the UK or the US is an evil
country, but we have all had governments that have done evil things.

I understand that the Netanyahu government, in a situation of greater
danger than any of our countries face, still finds a great deal of
principled opposition to its excesses in its own country.

That said, Israelis are going to have to stop encroaching on Palestinian
land, and give a lot of it back. I have no patience with the notion
that God gives things to favourites.
Sam Plusnet
2017-04-15 22:23:58 UTC
[...]
"2,000 years ago all this was ours so..."
I confess to being surprised that this concept has some support within
(certain sections of) the US.

"2000 years ago all this was ours so..."
Actually 2000 years ago it was the Romans'.
RH Draney
2017-04-16 04:52:55 UTC
That said, Israelis are going to have to stop encroaching on Palestinian
land, and give a lot of it back. I have no patience with the notion
that God gives things to favourites.
"2,000 years ago all this was ours so..."
I confess to being surprised that this concept has some support within
(certain sections of) the US.
"2000 years ago all this was ours so..."
Actually 2000 years ago it was the Romans'.
Sam's "all this" is referring to a different "all this"...I can have my
Hopi neighbor explain it to you if you like....r
occam
2017-04-16 09:05:24 UTC
[...]
So where would you draw the line? 3 years (annexation of Crimea), 43
years (invasion of N. Cyprus), 564 years (conquest of the Byzantine
Empire, ... . I hope your answer is not 'the last war in the region',
because that opens up a lot of possibilities for random hostility.
Sam Plusnet
2017-04-16 17:41:37 UTC
[...]
Quite.
I have dibs on Africa - just in case.
[...]