MARCUS SERVED IN THE G.I. JOE RED ARMY
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2018-01-08 19:59:45 UTC
I served as an Infantryman and Squad Leader with the U.S. Army in Vietnam. A 7.62 NATO semi-auto rifle with an option for a 3 round automatic burst would be the best combat rifle, in my opinion. Why? 1. The 7.62 has about twice the effective range as the .223; 2.
The 7.62 is much better at penetrating obstacles than the .223, both soft and hard, providing a much better opportunity to penetrate the cover and concealment which an enemy is likely to use; 3. Because of it's greater power and greater effective range, the 7.62 would be much more effective in providing grazing and covering power than the .223. and; 4. Because of it's greater effective range and greater power, the 7.62 would be much more effective in providing suppressing fire both at close and distant ranges allowing other forms of both direct and indirect arms, including air power, to be effectively utilized while prevent the effective use of counter fire by enemy ground forces.
Did you serve in the G.I. Joe Army? And wuz it on the Red or Tan side?
LOL
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2018-01-11 18:34:27 UTC
[...]
And one more thing, Marcus... Is that a pink tutu yer wearing?
LOL