an ssh remote port forwarding vs a ssh remote port forwarding.
hongy...@gmail.com
2021-12-03 06:06:30 UTC
an ssh remote port forwarding
a ssh remote port forwarding

Which one is correct?
Bebercito
2021-12-03 06:50:09 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
an ssh remote port forwarding
a ssh remote port forwarding
Which one is correct?
2021-12-03 07:43:46 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
an ssh remote port forwarding
a ssh remote port forwarding
Which one is correct?
I agree, because I pronounce the initialism as "ess ess aitch".

But happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue. One must have a reason
to 'be happy.'"
Viktor Frankl
bil...@shaw.ca
2021-12-03 08:31:39 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by ***@gmail.com
an ssh remote port forwarding
a ssh remote port forwarding
Which one is correct?
I agree, because I pronounce the initialism as "ess ess aitch".
And, as someone once said, "any port in a storm".

2021-12-03 08:40:42 UTC
***@shaw.ca is guilty of
<57174092-ed54-4a12-88a1-***@googlegroups.com> as of
12/3/2021 12:31:39 AM
Post by ***@shaw.ca
Post by Snidely
Post by ***@gmail.com
an ssh remote port forwarding
a ssh remote port forwarding
Which one is correct?
I agree, because I pronounce the initialism as "ess ess aitch".
And, as someone once said, "any port in a storm".
Shush.

"This is all very fine, but let us not be carried away be excitement,
but ask calmly, how does this person feel about in in his cooler
moments next day, with six or seven thousand feet of snow and stuff on
top of him?"
_Roughing It_, Mark Twain.
Snidely
2021-12-03 10:05:13 UTC
Post by ***@shaw.ca
Post by Snidely
Post by ***@gmail.com
an ssh remote port forwarding
a ssh remote port forwarding
Which one is correct?
I agree, because I pronounce the initialism as "ess ess aitch".
And, as someone once said, "any port in a storm".
Remote port forwarding is just another way of saying wine exporting.
Thank you for claretfying that point.

As a colleague once told me about an incoming manager,
"He does very well in a suck-up, kick-down culture."
Bill in Vancouver
Paul Carmichael
2021-12-03 16:00:02 UTC
Remote port forwarding is just another way of saying wine exporting.
Wine
Is
Not
an
Exporter.

BTW, why would anyone be forwarding a port remotely? It's done locally to
give remote access.
--
Paul.

https://paulc.es/elpatio
Snidely
2021-12-03 20:29:05 UTC
Post by Paul Carmichael
Remote port forwarding is just another way of saying wine exporting.
Wine
Is
Not
an
Exporter.
BTW, why would anyone be forwarding a port remotely? It's done locally to
give remote access.
Because "locally" may be relative to a server on a VLAN but not at your
current location. It is also done for a server at your current
location to benefit users who are remote.

/dps "Is this remotely like an actual explanation?"
Who, me? And what lacuna?
Quinn C
2021-12-03 18:39:57 UTC
Post by ***@shaw.ca
Post by Snidely
Post by ***@gmail.com
an ssh remote port forwarding
a ssh remote port forwarding
Which one is correct?
I agree, because I pronounce the initialism as "ess ess aitch".
And, as someone once said, "any port in a storm".
That's black-hat hacker talk!

(Say that quickly five times)
--
George: You don't know these people. They find emotions disgusting.
They just want to have a good time and make jokes.
-- Feel Good
Garrett Wollman
2021-12-03 16:17:06 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
an ssh remote port forwarding
a ssh remote port forwarding
Which one is correct?
The choice between <a> and <an> depends entirely on the
*pronunciation* of the following word. If it begins with a vowel
sound, use <an>. In this case, <ssh> begins with the vowel sound [E]
(as in "ess", the name of the letter <s>) so it takes <an>.

If you were instead asking about <scsh> (pronounced /skIS/), it would
be <a>, because [s] is a consonant sound.

(English learners, including native speakers, speak imprecisely about
vowels and consonants as being "letters", but those are properly
phonetic terms and have nothing whatsoever to do with writing or
letters.)

-GAWollman
***@bimajority.org| act to remove constraint from the future. This is