Truly Donovan: the fate of the raisins
2020-01-12 12:32:56 UTC
Following the news of Truly's death in December, Jitze Couperus wrote:

''I am saddened to hear this - I still lurk in these fora, but not as
much as I used to. I remember fondly a time when Truly (and a few
others) were prominent figures on this landscape, and made for lively
repartee.

'Alas, the numbers of old codgers dwindles, but I'd like to quote a
snippet from a line she wrote:

"This is an awesome responsibility. With any luck, when I die my heirs,
in all innocence, will throw the jar away and no one will have to carry
this burden any further"

'If you want to know what that was all about, the context may be found
on her web-pages at http://www.trulydonovan.com/personal/awesome.htm

'A hint: It has to do with raisins and bourbon.

'Truly Donovan - ave atque vale.'

I forwarded this to the Facebook page where we originally learnt of her
death, and today her nephew has commented:

"Nephew Marc here who just found her tablet. We did indeed throw away
her raisins. She was prescient."
2020-01-12 12:45:05 UTC
In article <qvf3lp$2bp$***@news.albasani.net>, ***@spamtrap.kjennison.com
says...
Post by Katy Jennison
[...]
:-)
Had I ever had the fortune to know her, I would have suggested a
shortcut; soaking the raisins in ten year old Scotch.
I'm so suggestible I shall have to try it now.

2020-01-12 14:17:32 UTC
Post by Janet
says...
Post by Katy Jennison
[...]
Ah. Oh well, if that's what you're going to do ... I'm not wasting any
of my single malts on this experiment, but I might have to go and see
what else we have in the cupboard.
Spains Harden
2020-01-12 17:43:23 UTC
Post by Katy Jennison
[...]
I can't stand whisky of any description. "Truly" is a great name - perhaps
a misspelling of "Trudy"?
Katy Jennison
2020-01-12 17:52:04 UTC
Post by Spains Harden
Post by Katy Jennison
[...]
Nope. Go back to the original thread ('Sad news ...', 18 December or
thereabouts) and find the link, or bring up the old aue website via the
Wayback machine.
Spains Harden
2020-01-12 19:46:43 UTC
Post by Katy Jennison
Post by Spains Harden
Post by Katy Jennison
[...]
The Wayback machine? I thought my life was already complicated
enough :(