Typo in Donald Tusk's tweet
Add Reply
Paul
2019-10-23 23:52:42 UTC
Donald Tusk tweeted:
"In my phone call with PM @BorisJohnson I gave reasons why I’m recommending the EU27 accept the UK request for an extension."

However, what he was trying to communicate was how hard-headed he finds
Boris Johnson, and how he has to spend hours explaining things until
the PM finally gets the point.
He actually intended to say:
"In my phone call with PM @BorisJohnson I gave 27 reasons why I’m recommending the EU accept the UK request for an extension."

Paul
occam
2019-10-25 19:47:40 UTC
Post by Paul
However, what he was trying to communicate was how hard-headed he finds
Boris Johnson, and how he has to spend hours explaining things until
the PM finally gets the point.
I hope you are joking, and this is not some feeble attempt at a whoosh.
'EU27' is referring to the other 27 member states of the EU, who have to
all agree to the extension.
Quinn C
2019-10-25 21:53:54 UTC
Post by Paul
However, what he was trying to communicate was how hard-headed he finds
Boris Johnson, and how he has to spend hours explaining things until
the PM finally gets the point.
I hope you are joking, and this is not some feeble attempt at a whoosh.
'EU27' is referring to the other 27 member states of the EU, who have to
all agree to the extension.
Maybe each country needs a different reason.

No, I didn't get the point either.
--
Doris did not usually leave men to port and cigars except
at large,formal dinners because Frank was a man who often
-- Jane Rule, This Is Not For You, p.93
Paul
2019-10-31 20:24:33 UTC
Post by Paul
However, what he was trying to communicate was how hard-headed he finds
Boris Johnson, and how he has to spend hours explaining things until
the PM finally gets the point.
I hope you are joking, and this is not some feeble attempt at a whoosh.
'EU27' is referring to the other 27 member states of the EU, who have to
all agree to the extension.
It's a joke. I thought it was neat that you can move the 27 around
and thereby change the meaning of the sentence.
What do you mean by "whoosh"? I did google it, but it still isn't clear.

Paul
RH Draney
Trump is supported by a loyal group of small followers....r
Paul
2019-11-01 01:13:19 UTC
Post by Paul
Post by occam
Post by Paul
However, what he was trying to communicate was how hard-headed he finds
Boris Johnson, and how he has to spend hours explaining things until
the PM finally gets the point.
I hope you are joking, and this is not some feeble attempt at a whoosh.
'EU27' is referring to the other 27 member states of the EU, who have to
all agree to the extension.
It's a joke. I thought it was neat that you can move the 27 around
and thereby change the meaning of the sentence.
Trump is supported by a loyal group of small followers....r
So what? No one mentioned Trump on this thread.

Paul