Why do I I get the Marriage of Figaro and...
Add Reply
bozo de niro
2021-01-31 23:19:39 UTC
The Bartered Bride mixed up?
Ross Clark
2021-02-01 07:28:31 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
The Bartered Bride mixed up?
Same reason I get all those movies with "Wedding" or "Bride" in the
title mixed up. Haven't seen most of them.
Quinn C
2021-02-01 18:43:49 UTC
Post by Ross Clark
Post by bozo de niro
The Bartered Bride mixed up?
Same reason I get all those movies with "Wedding" or "Bride" in the
title mixed up. Haven't seen most of them.
Just don't get all four of those mixed up with the one funeral movie.

P.S. "The funeral" is pretty good, as it is with Itami Juzo movies.
--
Was den Juengeren fehlt, sind keine Botschaften, es ist der Sinn
fuer Zusammenhaenge. [Young people aren't short of messages, but
-- Helen Feng im Zeit-Interview
J. J. Lodder
2021-02-01 11:31:57 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
The Bartered Bride mixed up?
You weren't cozy with Miss Van Tutte?

2021-02-01 13:41:15 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
The Bartered Bride mixed up?
You weren't cozy with Miss Van Tutte?
ObAUE, and not wishing to spoil everybody's fun:

I was watching an old production of _Mansfield Park_ on PBS the other
night when I heard Mrs Grant invite Fanny Price to come inside for a coze.

The word was easily understandable and can be found in several
dictionaries at Onelook, but I don't think I had come across it before.
I suppose it is a back-formation from "cozy", which the Online Etym Dic
says was originally the Scottish word "colsie", ultimately of
Scandinavian origin.

"in British English
(kəʊz)
NOUN
1. an intimate friendly chat
2. a state of comfort and warmth
She'd eschewed joining Marjorie and Clara in a comfortable coze by the
drawing room fire.
VERB (intransitive)
3. to chat in an intimate and friendly manner"

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/coze