Ever wake up with a word on your Brain?
bozo_de_niro@Yahoo.com
2018-12-27 21:54:35 UTC
I woke up with Scribner, written on a little oval silver tag, innin that special.

WTF dat mean?
bozo_de_niro@Yahoo.com
2018-12-28 19:03:37 UTC
Anybody wanna guess at this one? I just discovered why I woke up with Scribner on my brain ... talk about persistence!
bozo_de_niro@Yahoo.com
2018-12-30 06:00:44 UTC
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
I woke up with Scribner, written on a little oval silver tag, innin that special.
WTF dat mean?
handy
Anybody wanna guess at this one? I just discovered why I woke up with Scribner on my brain ... talk about persistence!
I don't blame you, I wouldn't ask for it either, but here's how and why I think the word Scribner and its premise persisted out of the blue, and yet was so subliminally buried without any obvious or apparent reason either —— this was all because I thought my bathroom sink next to the toilet had to be repurposed into a little handy desktop flat surface rather than left as the otherwise working sink it was while I could sit on the toilet next to it, which would require however the sink be filled to the very tippy-top with a few very old dry books in it, the last of which was splayed open wide and then turned spine up with the word Scribner barely and rarely ever peaking out long enough to be really considered other just barely glimpsed and forgotten at the very bottom of the spine while an overhanging belly would almost always totally conceal it under it while I was gazing into the mirror above, if not already otherwise and additionally concealed under several old layers of overlapping wash cloths placed there to hopefully sop up enough water in the event of another unintended faucet nudge turning the whole effing makeshift desktop into a sopping effing awful wet mess above and below, but which could again allow the magic of another transient opportunity to glimpse the word Scribner in its natural resting place in my universe and then promptly forgotten again till who knows when again for evermore.

-BDN-
bozo_de_niro@Yahoo.com
2018-12-31 07:23:24 UTC
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
[...]
I don't blame you, I wouldn't ask for it either, but here's how and why the word Scribner and its premise persisted out of the blue, and yet was so subliminally buried without any obvious reason why either —— this all happened because I thought my bathroom sink had to be re-purposed into a handy flat surface rather than left as an otherwise working sink while I sat on the toilet next to it. Turned out this required the sink be filled up to the very tippy-top with a few very old dry books in it, the last of which was splayed open and turned spine up with the word Scribner in tiny small font at the very bottom barely and rarely ever peaking out long enough to be really considered other just glimpsed and promptly forgotten while an overhanging fat belly would then just totally conceal it if not already concealed 'n buried under several old layers of overlapping wash cloths placed there to hopefully sop up enough water in the event of another unintended faucet nudge turning the whole effing makeshift desktop into a sopping effing awful wet mess above and below, while the belly's owner gazes into the medicine-cabinet mirror above, denying me the magic of yet another transient opportunity to glimpse the word Scribner in its natural resting place in my little universe of the promptly forgotten till who knows when again for evermore.

-bdn-
Snidely
2019-01-17 15:27:07 UTC
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
[...]
If you were writing, than Scribner would seem a natural fit
(etymologically). And if you were preparing a manuscript, you'd be
interested in contacting their edtors.

On the other hand, why not a board across the sink?

Rule #0: Don't be on fire.
In case of fire, exit the building before tweeting about it.
(Sighting reported by Adam F)
bozo_de_niro@Yahoo.com
2019-01-18 05:14:55 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
Post by ***@Yahoo.com
[...]
So wait, you're telling me to reach out to Scribner even though Scribner might not even exist in name as a publisher anymore? —— sounds like a good idea since I'm having a hell of a time finding a name and address at Playboy to send my short story material to. What the hell do I tell them though if they ask me why?