What do you call the words, noises, and fragments of malaprops...
bozo de niro
2021-01-31 15:39:40 UTC
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
Pierre Jelenc
2021-01-31 17:54:00 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
Treppenverstehen?

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc
The Gigometer www.gigometer.com
The NYC Beer Guide www.nycbeer.org
Quinn C
2021-01-31 20:08:57 UTC
Post by Pierre Jelenc
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
Treppenverstehen?
Are you making a blague de l'escalier?
--
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against
his government.
-- Edward Abbey
bozo de niro
I had a bunch of real good examples from television I couldn't believe I lost, one of which I was actually going to title this thread with, but then I EFFING LOST IT!
bozo de niro
Like on Dr. Oz did he say deformations or deprivations? -- know how much time you can lose on that!?
bozo de niro
2021-02-01 21:16:44 UTC
or no mistake?
bozo de niro
2021-02-01 21:58:27 UTC
is there a difference?
bozo de niro
2021-02-01 23:43:16 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
or no mistake?
See, this where GoogleGroups becomes a clusterfuck, and won't let you post a new simple subject line and rejoinder without some important content missing.

Thanks again GoogleGroups -- at least it's sorta predictable.
bozo de niro
2021-02-02 00:03:35 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
or no mistake?
See, this where GoogleGroups becomes a clusterfuck, and won't let you post a new simple subject line and rejoinder without some important content missing.
Thanks again GoogleGroups -- at least it's sorta predictable.
See? It still didn't work! -- I can't post a new Subject Line or Question like "is it Namaste or no Mistake"? with a rejoinder below it.

I think Google wants to subvert and sabotage the conceit of my Dumb Question Thread.

Don't tell me they're not evil -- they got a patent on it -- if they opened up little kiosks in shopping malls, they'd have to buy out all the old Toys 'R' Us locations and open up anew under the banner "Evil Is Us".
Snidely
2021-02-02 01:08:37 UTC
On Monday or thereabouts, bozo de niro asked ...
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
or no mistake?
See, this where GoogleGroups becomes a clusterfuck, and won't let you post a
new simple subject line and rejoinder without some important content
missing.
Thanks again GoogleGroups -- at least it's sorta predictable.
See? It still didn't work! -- I can't post a new Subject Line or Question
like "is it Namaste or no Mistake"? with a rejoinder below it.
The subject line did change, but you seem to have left the "Re:" in,
which you didn't with "home worker or wrecker".

(It seems GG has greyed-out the "show original" option, as well as
dropping tree view and the view that combined the tree with previews of
anything linked)

/dps
Post by bozo de niro
I think Google wants to subvert and sabotage the conceit of my Dumb Question Thread.
Don't tell me they're not evil -- they got a patent on it -- if they opened
up little kiosks in shopping malls, they'd have to buy out all the old Toys
'R' Us locations and open up anew under the banner "Evil Is Us".
--
Maybe C282Y is simply one of the hangers-on, a groupie following a
future guitar god of the human genome: an allele with undiscovered
Bradley Wertheim, theAtlantic.com, Jan 10 2013
bozo de niro
I'm confused about that re: thingy -- so what do I do to test your theory or to fix it? Like I said I'm confused. -- Just pretend you're me and ask a dumb question with its own subject line and rejoinder below it, and then double-down again with a new Q&A subject line and rejoinder and see if they both display without anything missing, for me thank you?
Snidely
2021-02-03 19:21:34 UTC
I think you're going to be working in the dark until you switch
newsreaders or the interns at GG restore some features.

/dps "now that Trump can't use the "nuclear football" as a light
switch.
Trust, but verify.
bozo de niro
Boy I think you hit on the head with that intern for a GG programmer in charge. That GG's app is totally botched.
Madhu
2021-02-04 06:17:31 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
Post by Snidely
I think you're going to be working in the dark until you switch
newsreaders or the interns at GG restore some features.
Boy I think you hit on the head with that intern for a GG programmer
in charge. That GG's app is totally botched.
Like I told Miles Bader in 2009, if it were "stupid" interns doing the
coding, they would get the things right. They are competent enough just
to get it past the selection process and they still have some integrity
left.

There is a supremely evil intelligence behind the design of google
groups and google in general. The things you see are the intentional
effects of the google managers - none of it is an accident.

Even in 1999 I was aware that satan was operating out of stanford -
preparing the kingdom for the antichrist through google. The
governments are in because the horns are all subject to the tech
platform before any other laws and every human is brought to subjection
in a covenant with the beast by buying legislation that they agree to
the privacy policies and terms of service
bozo de niro
2021-02-04 18:29:21 UTC
Android Lloyd Webber?
David Kleinecke
2021-02-04 22:53:18 UTC
Post by Madhu
Post by bozo de niro
Post by Snidely
[...]
I think that makes you a conspiracy theorist. I myself am a stupidity
theorist. As nearly as I can tell Google is trying to make usenet a
part of gmail and botching the job. Somewhere (IMO) there is a
grand strategy of a single monolithic Google running everything.
Benignly, of course - at least in their definition of benign.
Madhu
2021-02-05 01:45:08 UTC
Post by David Kleinecke
I think that makes you a conspiracy theorist.
Oh come on. Youre playing the blasphemy card
Post by David Kleinecke
I myself am a stupidity theorist.
Or a hopeless optimist who wants to deny the evidence at all costs. It
may not affect you but it will affect the other generations

[snip rationalization attempt at justifying google]
Peter T. Daniels
2021-02-05 02:33:16 UTC
Post by David Kleinecke
Post by Madhu
[...]
Regular Google has become completely useless. Yesterday
I was looking for the source of a familiar quote, and the entire
first page filled up with references to a band that had used it
as its name (marked as advertising).

The same entire page of results appeared on every successive
page until I got tired of clicking to the next one.

I tried a different selection of words and found what I was looking for.
bozo de niro
2021-03-12 09:13:51 UTC
For example, did I just hear someone say chocolate or Jockolate?
CDB
2021-03-12 14:06:37 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
For example, did I just hear someone say chocolate or Jockolate?
Did they murmur the word or 'jaculate it? Were they being serious or
joculate? Do male-identified athaletes drink latte alot? What do the
simple folk do?
bozo de niro
This is not funny. This is me listening to TV and refusing to buy a hearing aid.
bozo de niro
2021-03-13 06:33:46 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
For example, did I just hear someone say chocolate or Jockolate?
Did they murmur the word or 'jaculate it? Were they being serious or
joculate? Do male-identified athaletes drink latte alot? What do the
simple folk do?
This is not funny. This is me listening to TV and refusing to buy a hearing aid.
Wait a minute, I just saw a FARFAX commercial and I heard
"How do I feel about over painting on a used Car!?"
And then I saw an animated cartoon figure of a fox
that sort of rhymes with fax pitching the rest of the copy of the ad
with me trying to suss if the guy wearing a paper bag over his head
talking to the fox was saying "paying" or "painting". Then I distinctly
heard "Shop at FARFAX — you won't ever have to over paint on a used car Again." —
So there it was plain as day, there must be an over-painting industry that slipped
into the zeitgeist while I was looking for a job during the dotcom bust, and which
has nothing to do with over-paying — who duh Thought!
bozo de niro
2021-03-13 12:27:52 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
[...]
TYPO ALERT: IT'S CARFAX not FARFAX — can't hear, can't see, can't type —
I must be qualified for some of that $1.9 trillion disbursement for covid, typing, and hearing recovery.
CDB
2021-03-13 14:16:51 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
For example, did I just hear someone say chocolate or Jockolate?
Did they murmur the word or 'jaculate it? Were they being serious
or joculate? Do male-identified athaletes drink latte alot? What
do the simple folk do?
This is not funny. This is me listening to TV and refusing to buy a hearing aid.
I have a friend in similar difficulties. Closed captioning is a poor
substitute for hearing, but he finds it of some help.
bozo de niro
Yeah No. Cuz when you go back and forth over mush mouth piss poor compressed speech and snarky dialogue, a lousy stinking half-hour show with evaporating subtitles that is already 90-minutes effing too long TAKES EFFING FOEVER.
CDB
Ha-ha. That's very logical.
bozo de niro
2021-03-15 00:51:01 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
The Grammys ~ did I just hear a Grammy mush-mouth announce a new Beatle "Gringo Starr!?

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.DhKDYftNS_NnAKdhaMJfdAHaHa?w=154&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7
Tony Cooper
2021-03-15 04:55:39 UTC
On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 17:51:01 -0700 (PDT), bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
The Grammys ~ did I just hear a Grammy mush-mouth announce a new Beatle "Gringo Starr!?
https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.DhKDYftNS_NnAKdhaMJfdAHaHa?w=154&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7
This reminded me of all the things I have not watched. That includes
the Grammys (or is it Grammies?) and all other shows where actors and
musicians receive awards.

It also includes the Oprah interview, Bridgerton, the Bachelor,
Mandalorian, and any show with a character who has super powers.

I have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones or any Harry Potter
movie.
Tony Cooper Orlando Florida
Lewis
2021-03-15 05:10:35 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
The Grammys ~ did I just hear a Grammy mush-mouth announce a new Beatle "Gringo Starr!?
https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.DhKDYftNS_NnAKdhaMJfdAHaHa?w=154&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7
This reminded me of all the things I have not watched. That includes
the Grammys (or is it Grammies?) and all other shows where actors and
musicians receive awards.
Or as I call them, "15 seconds of content stretched over 4 hours".
Post by Tony Cooper
It also includes the Oprah interview, Bridgerton, the Bachelor,
Mandalorian, and any show with a character who has super powers.
I will watch the Oprah interview at some point. She's very good at them
and there's a shortage of good interviewers.
Post by Tony Cooper
I have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones or any Harry Potter
movie.
That' OK, I've seen them all for you.

OBaue: Grammys, I think.
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain! How much deeper would the ocean be if there
weren't sponges down there?"
bozo de niro
Can you be a sponge and a fiduciary?
Pierre Jelenc
2021-03-15 16:42:10 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
The Grammys ~ did I just hear a Grammy mush-mouth announce a new Beatle "Gringo Starr!?
Are you sure it's not the Atlanta band Gringo Star?
https://gringostar.bandcamp.com/

Pierre
Peter T. Daniels
2021-03-15 21:00:07 UTC
Post by Pierre Jelenc
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
The Grammys ~ did I just hear a Grammy mush-mouth announce a new Beatle "Gringo Starr!?
Are you sure it's not the Atlanta band Gringo Star?
https://gringostar.bandcamp.com/
Ringo is on Colbert tonight, so presumably he has a new album
or some such to promote, so his name could well have been
mentioned on the Grammys.
Chrysi Cat
2021-03-18 13:47:48 UTC
Post by Pierre Jelenc
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
The Grammys ~ did I just hear a Grammy mush-mouth announce a new Beatle "Gringo Starr!?
Are you sure it's not the Atlanta band Gringo Star?
https://gringostar.bandcamp.com/
Pierre
As pointed out below you, but above my response here, Ringo's apparently
active again anyway, which means without context, the Grammy's could
have been talking about either.

Just the same, I'm sure Bosodeneiro would also have a problem if he
heard an announcement that "Chet Faker" was about to be the next artist
played.

It's a real name, though a pseudonym, and one that the artist in
question has occasionally suspended in order to be billed for other
types of music under other names, *not* a mushmouthed attempt at "Chet
BAKER".

Though Faker may be trying to evoke his work.
--
Chrysi Cat
Transgoddess, quick to anger.
bozo de niro
2021-03-18 18:55:51 UTC
that only become intelligible after you process them?
For example, is it wait till they become maternal or wait till they become a Colonel?
Snidely
2021-03-19 06:59:18 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible after you process them?
For example, is it wait till they become maternal or wait till they become a Colonel?
That's the eternal qusstion for the kernel devs.