What do you call the words, noises, and fragments of malaprops...
Add Reply
bozo de niro
2021-01-31 15:39:40 UTC
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
Pierre Jelenc
2021-01-31 17:54:00 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
Treppenverstehen?

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc
The Gigometer www.gigometer.com
The NYC Beer Guide www.nycbeer.org
Quinn C
2021-01-31 20:08:57 UTC
Post by Pierre Jelenc
Post by bozo de niro
that only become intelligible later after you process them?
Treppenverstehen?
Are you making a blague de l'escalier?
--
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against
his government.
-- Edward Abbey
bozo de niro
I had a bunch of real good examples from television I couldn't believe I lost, one of which I was actually going to title this thread with, but then I EFFING LOST IT!
bozo de niro
Like on Dr. Oz did he say deformations or deprivations? -- know how much time you can lose on that!?
bozo de niro
2021-02-01 21:16:44 UTC
or no mistake?
bozo de niro
2021-02-01 21:58:27 UTC
is there a difference?
bozo de niro
2021-02-01 23:43:16 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
or no mistake?
See, this where GoogleGroups becomes a clusterfuck, and won't let you post a new simple subject line and rejoinder without some important content missing.

Thanks again GoogleGroups -- at least it's sorta predictable.
bozo de niro
2021-02-02 00:03:35 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
or no mistake?
See, this where GoogleGroups becomes a clusterfuck, and won't let you post a new simple subject line and rejoinder without some important content missing.
Thanks again GoogleGroups -- at least it's sorta predictable.
See? It still didn't work! -- I can't post a new Subject Line or Question like "is it Namaste or no Mistake"? with a rejoinder below it.

I think Google wants to subvert and sabotage the conceit of my Dumb Question Thread.

Don't tell me they're not evil -- they got a patent on it -- if they opened up little kiosks in shopping malls, they'd have to buy out all the old Toys 'R' Us locations and open up anew under the banner "Evil Is Us".
Snidely
2021-02-02 01:08:37 UTC
On Monday or thereabouts, bozo de niro asked ...
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
Post by bozo de niro
or no mistake?
See, this where GoogleGroups becomes a clusterfuck, and won't let you post a
new simple subject line and rejoinder without some important content
missing.
Thanks again GoogleGroups -- at least it's sorta predictable.
See? It still didn't work! -- I can't post a new Subject Line or Question
like "is it Namaste or no Mistake"? with a rejoinder below it.
The subject line did change, but you seem to have left the "Re:" in,
which you didn't with "home worker or wrecker".

(It seems GG has greyed-out the "show original" option, as well as
dropping tree view and the view that combined the tree with previews of
anything linked)

/dps
Post by bozo de niro
I think Google wants to subvert and sabotage the conceit of my Dumb Question Thread.
Don't tell me they're not evil -- they got a patent on it -- if they opened
up little kiosks in shopping malls, they'd have to buy out all the old Toys
'R' Us locations and open up anew under the banner "Evil Is Us".
--
Maybe C282Y is simply one of the hangers-on, a groupie following a
future guitar god of the human genome: an allele with undiscovered