future tense for commands
2019-11-03 10:10:51 UTC
Could one use:

1) You will go there tomorrow and talk to him.

instead of an order?
(Go there tomorrow and talk to him.)

=======================

Can one use:

2) Tom will stay here and take care of my brother.

instead of an indirect order?

(Tell Tom that he will stay here and take care of my brother.)

Gratefully,
Navi
Witziges Rätsel
Are the utterances considered commands or suggestions?
Spains Harden
Commands or predictions - depending on the tone used.
Peter T. Daniels
2019-11-03 15:13:59 UTC
1) You will go there tomorrow and talk to him.
instead of an order?
(Go there tomorrow and talk to him.)
2) Tom will stay here and take care of my brother.
instead of an indirect order?
(Tell Tom that he will stay here and take care of my brother.)
Context, dear boy. As always.