If the plot of Die Fledermaus is an operetta about friends getting even...
Add Reply
Bozo
2020-02-11 16:31:45 UTC
how does the bat or the rat or Die Fledermaus actually figure into the Plot?
Bozo
2020-02-13 19:50:22 UTC
Oh come on —— somebody must know this in 25-words or less.
s***@gmail.com
2020-02-13 22:28:21 UTC
Post by Bozo
Post by Bozo
how does the bat or the rat or Die Fledermaus actually figure into the Plot?
Oh come on —— somebody must know this in 25-words or less.
Nickname of one of the characters (not Rosalinde),
but note the wings.

2020-02-13 23:19:43 UTC
Post by Bozo
Post by Bozo
how does the bat or the rat or Die Fledermaus actually figure into the Plot?
Oh come on —— somebody must know this in 25-words or less.
There are many more than 25 words in the wikiparticle so I'll extract at
shortly as reasonable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Fledermaus

Die Fledermaus The Flittermouse or The Bat, sometimes called The
Revenge of the Bat

...after a costume-party, Eisenstein had abandoned Falke, very drunk
and dressed in a bat-costume, in the center of town, exposing him to
ridicule the next day.

Falke then seeks, and gets, revenge on Eisenstein.
But which one became a great filmmaker?
Bozo