OT: "What a time to be alive!"
Add Reply
Spains Harden
2020-01-09 16:40:22 UTC
A quote from YouTube:

"What a time to be alive! One can just pull up such astonishing music
with performances so perfect as to make you lose your breath at times!
This is fantastic!"

What a time to be alive indeed. I have just been watching "Who do
you think you are?" with Clare Balding able to retrace her ancestry
through generations - by way of the first woman ever born in what is
now New York in 1625.

How many of you know who you are? Does "Royal Baking Powder" feature?
Peter Moylan
2020-01-09 20:48:45 UTC
Post by Spains Harden
"What a time to be alive! One can just pull up such astonishing
music with performances so perfect as to make you lose your breath at
times! This is fantastic!"
Another way of saying this is "You wouldn't be dead for quids". Is this
known in other countries?
Post by Spains Harden
What a time to be alive indeed. I have just been watching "Who do you
think you are?" with Clare Balding able to retrace her ancestry
through generations - by way of the first
non-Indian?
2020-01-09 22:04:06 UTC
Post by Spains Harden
woman ever born in what is now New York in 1625.
Indians aren't human.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_white_child>

Racist, anyone?

The birth of the first white child is a widely used concept to mark the
establishment of a European colony in the New World, especially in the
historiography of the United States. (Wikipedia)
Kerr-Mudd,John
2020-01-10 10:32:52 UTC
Post by Spains Harden
woman ever born in what is now New York in 1625.
Indians aren't human.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_white_child>
Racist, anyone?
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_black_child>
Doesn't exist, so yes.
2020-01-10 15:39:48 UTC
Post by Spains Harden
woman ever born in what is now New York in 1625.
Indians aren't human.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_white_child>
Racist, anyone?
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_black_child>
Doesn't exist, so yes.
If anyone is interested

https://aaregistry.org/story/first-black-birth-recorded-in-america/

Given long-standing boat traffic across the Bering Strait, the
first Asian child born in America would be hard to document.
This timeline has nothing on the subject of the first (East)
Indian, Chinese, etc., child born here.

http://www.cetel.org/timeline.html
2020-01-11 10:06:49 UTC
On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 15:39:48 GMT, Jerry Friedman
Post by Jerry Friedman
Post by Spains Harden
woman ever born in what is now New York in 1625.
Indians aren't human.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_white_child>
Racist, anyone?
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_black_child>
Doesn't exist, so yes.
If anyone is interested
https://aaregistry.org/story/first-black-birth-recorded-in-america/
Given long-standing boat traffic across the Bering Strait, the
first Asian child born in America would be hard to document.
This timeline has nothing on the subject of the first (East)
Indian, Chinese, etc., child born here.
http://www.cetel.org/timeline.html
This seems a "New World" interest; I did find a bit about some Roman sub-
saharan skeletons had been found in (Sussex?); Of course, as it seems
colour is important the first British person (found so far) was Black
(White people hadn't evolved back then).

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/first-modern-britons-
dark-black-skin-cheddar-man-dna-analysis-reveals
Not in this country. (Or, this part of this country.) What does it mean?
J. J. Lodder
2020-01-09 21:38:16 UTC
Post by Spains Harden
"What a time to be alive! One can just pull up such astonishing music
with performances so perfect as to make you lose your breath at times!
This is fantastic!"
What a time to be alive indeed. I have just been watching "Who do
you think you are?" with Clare Balding able to retrace her ancestry
through generations - by way of the first woman ever born in what is
now New York in 1625.
Trivia: You are referring to Sarah Rapelje.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Rapelje>