Before Covid, I had a perfectly symmetrical face and head...
bozo de niro
2021-01-30 04:48:36 UTC
until I started wearing a KN95 face mask, which tugged on my ears on both sides and pulled them way out of line at right angles to my skull 💀.

Do I have a product-liability case now? — I look like Dumbo and I can't even fly.
Pamela
Depends if you looked like that before. :)
Stefan Ram
2021-01-30 22:36:52 UTC
Post by bozo de niro
until I started wearing a KN95 face mask, which tugged on my
ears on both sides and pulled them way out of line at right
angles to my skull
N95 masks are made in the U.S. and do not tug on ears.
KN95 masks come from China and use ear loop straps.

The majority of imported KN95 masks do not meet
the U.S. NIOSH N95 standard.

So buy N95 masks. It's the patriotic thing to do,
AND it will protect your ears (and is safer).

(Yesterday, while grocery shopping, I saw someone
who had stunted ears. Probably born, but with him
wearing a mask with ear straps, it looked as if
exhaustive wearing of the mask has produced this.)
Jack
We can't buy N95s, they're reserved for health ca
Tony Cooper
2021-01-31 19:39:24 UTC
Post by Stefan Ram
Post by bozo de niro
until I started wearing a KN95 face mask, which tugged on my
ears on both sides and pulled them way out of line at right
angles to my skull
N95 masks are made in the U.S. and do not tug on ears.
KN95 masks come from China and use ear loop straps.
The majority of imported KN95 masks do not meet
the U.S. NIOSH N95 standard.
So buy N95 masks. It's the patriotic thing to do,
AND it will protect your ears (and is safer).
(Yesterday, while grocery shopping, I saw someone
who had stunted ears. Probably born, but with him
wearing a mask with ear straps, it looked as if
exhaustive wearing of the mask has produced this.)
We can't buy N95s, they're reserved for health care personnel.
I forget where you post from, but N95s are available here (US) by
ordering online at $5.95 each and an order of 10 masks.

While the N95s are better, I prefer the KN95s because they *do* hook
over the ears. The N95s (I've seen for sale) have two bands that go
over the head. That's awkward with glasses to take on and off.

I wear a mask only when going into a store or building or when around
enough people to concern me, so I put in on for a short time.
Tony Cooper Orlando Florida
charles
2021-01-31 20:19:56 UTC
Post by Stefan Ram
Post by bozo de niro
[...]
If you have hearing aids, the over the ear ones tend to dislodge them when
you take the mask off
2021-02-01 09:40:38 UTC
Post by Stefan Ram
Post by bozo de niro
[...]
In the Netherlands you can buy them with art.
<https://shop.mauritshuis.nl/nl/mondkapje-meisje-met-de-parel.html>
<https://shop.mauritshuis.nl/nl/mondkapje-delft.html>
or in DIY

<>
Tony Cooper
2021-02-01 13:48:33 UTC
Post by Stefan Ram
Post by bozo de niro
[...]
<https://www.textielfeest.nl/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Mondkapjes-kunst-Rembrandt_LI-2.jpg>
<>
Your links are to cloth masks, not N95 or KN95s. Cloth masks are much
lower on the list of approved mask types.

Cloth masks are sold at just about every store in the US that sells
general merchandise.
Tony Cooper Orlando Florida
J. J. Lodder
2021-02-01 15:44:29 UTC
Post by Stefan Ram
Post by bozo de niro
[...]
Certainly, but they look so much better,

Jan
Silvano
2021-02-01 17:47:04 UTC
In the Netherlands you can buy them with art.
<https://shop.mauritshuis.nl/nl/mondkapje-meisje-met-de-parel.html>
<https://shop.mauritshuis.nl/nl/mondkapje-delft.html>
or in DIY
<https://www.textielfeest.nl/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Mondkapjes-kunst-Remb
randt_LI-2.jpg>
<>
Your links are to cloth masks, not N95 or KN95s. Cloth masks are much
lower on the list of approved mask types.
Certainly, but they look so much better,
I don't know about the Netherlands, but what's the point of
better-looking masks e.g. in Germany? Since last week cloth masks are
not allowed in shops or on public transport and I hardly ever need a
mask anywhere else, as I don't have to go to crowded streets in the city
centre.
J. J. Lodder
2021-02-01 22:15:44 UTC
Post by Silvano
In the Netherlands you can buy them with art.
<https://shop.mauritshuis.nl/nl/mondkapje-meisje-met-de-parel.html>
<https://shop.mauritshuis.nl/nl/mondkapje-delft.html>
or in DIY
<https://www.textielfeest.nl/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Mondkapjes-kunst-R
emb
Post by Silvano
Post by J. J. Lodder
randt_LI-2.jpg>
<>
Your links are to cloth masks, not N95 or KN95s. Cloth masks are much
lower on the list of approved mask types.
Certainly, but they look so much better,
I don't know about the Netherlands, but what's the point of
better-looking masks e.g. in Germany? Since last week cloth masks are
not allowed in shops or on public transport and I hardly ever need a
mask anywhere else, as I don't have to go to crowded streets in the city
centre.
I don't doubt for a moment that everything is more gründlich,
over there,

2021-01-31 19:39:46 UTC
Post by Stefan Ram
Post by bozo de niro
until I started wearing a KN95 face mask, which tugged on my
ears on both sides and pulled them way out of line at right
angles to my skull
N95 masks are made in the U.S. and do not tug on ears.
KN95 masks come from China and use ear loop straps.
The majority of imported KN95 masks do not meet
the U.S. NIOSH N95 standard.
So buy N95 masks. It's the patriotic thing to do,
AND it will protect your ears (and is safer).
(Yesterday, while grocery shopping, I saw someone
who had stunted ears. Probably born, but with him
wearing a mask with ear straps, it looked as if
exhaustive wearing of the mask has produced this.)
We can't buy N95s, they're reserved for health care personnel.
Even getting the KN95's is difficult.
--
My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can
feel it. I can feel it. I'm... afraid.
soup
2021-02-04 11:39:30 UTC
Post by Stefan Ram
N95 masks are made in the U.S. and do not tug on ears.
KN95 masks come from China and use ear loop straps.
If you can only get KN95s.
How about something along these lines :- tinyurl.com/yb5abooo