The word KIPPLE
2019-11-30 15:19:02 UTC
The word KIPPLE, coined by Science Fiction author Philip K Dick
A back formation from KIPLING
https://ansible.uk/sfx/sfx161.html

Kipple is useless objects, like junk mail or match folders after you use
the last match or gum
https://www.google.com/search?q=kipple+philip+dick

I hadn't seen the word before. What would you call yesterday's star
employees who are no longer needed (very much)? Dross seems unkind.
Kipple seems relatively unknown outside Philip K Dick fandom.
s***@gmail.com
not getting any lately?
b***@shaw.ca
2019-11-30 20:29:28 UTC
Post by Dingbat
The word KIPPLE, coined by Science Fiction author Philip K Dick
A back formation from KIPLING
https://ansible.uk/sfx/sfx161.html
Kipple is useless objects, like junk mail or match folders after you use
the last match or gum
https://www.google.com/search?q=kipple+philip+dick
I hadn't seen the word before. What would you call yesterday's star
employees who are no longer needed (very much)? Dross seems unkind.
Kipple seems relatively unknown outside Philip K Dick fandom.
It's a longstanding joke that I've seen posted in this newsgroup.

He: Do you like Kipling?

She: I don't know, you naughty boy. I've never kippled.

2019-11-30 21:00:32 UTC
Post by b***@shaw.ca
Post by Dingbat
The word KIPPLE, coined by Science Fiction author Philip K Dick
A back formation from KIPLING
https://ansible.uk/sfx/sfx161.html
Kipple is useless objects, like junk mail or match folders after you use
the last match or gum
https://www.google.com/search?q=kipple+philip+dick
I hadn't seen the word before. What would you call yesterday's star
employees who are no longer needed (very much)? Dross seems unkind.
Kipple seems relatively unknown outside Philip K Dick fandom.
It's a longstanding joke that I've seen posted in this newsgroup.
He: Do you like Kipling?
She: I don't know, you naughty boy. I've never kippled.
or a simliarv older one; Sergeant to group of soldiers " Mr X is here to
talk to you about Keats - I don't suppose any of you know what a Keat is."
2019-11-30 22:33:25 UTC
Post by charles
Post by b***@shaw.ca
Post by Dingbat
The word KIPPLE, coined by Science Fiction author Philip K Dick
A back formation from KIPLING
https://ansible.uk/sfx/sfx161.html
Kipple is useless objects, like junk mail or match folders after you use
the last match or gum
https://www.google.com/search?q=kipple+philip+dick
I hadn't seen the word before. What would you call yesterday's star
employees who are no longer needed (very much)? Dross seems unkind.
Kipple seems relatively unknown outside Philip K Dick fandom.
It's a longstanding joke that I've seen posted in this newsgroup.
He: Do you like Kipling?
She: I don't know, you naughty boy. I've never kippled.
or a simliarv older one; Sergeant to group of soldiers " Mr X is here to
talk to you about Keats - I don't suppose any of you know what a Keat is."
Not a direct one, but I used to have a Para-Keat.
My pronouns are they/them
(or other gender-neutral ones)
Peter Moylan
2019-12-01 04:11:14 UTC
The word KIPPLE, coined by Science Fiction author Philip K Dick A
back formation from KIPLING https://ansible.uk/sfx/sfx161.html
Kipple is useless objects, like junk mail or match folders after you
use the last match or gum
https://www.google.com/search?q=kipple+philip+dick
I hadn't seen the word before. What would you call yesterday's star
employees who are no longer needed (very much)? Dross seems unkind.
Kipple seems relatively unknown outside Philip K Dick fandom.
I first met it in The Beverly Hillbillies. Quite possibly before Dick
ever used it.