at higher intensities
Lazypierrot
2021-01-23 04:53:00 UTC
I would like to know what is meant by "more" and the phrase "at higher intensities" in the following sentence. I wonder if "more" means "more often" and "at higher intensities" means "more strongly", which results in "more bigger eyes."

dogs raised their inner eyebrows more and at higher intensities than wolves.

Cordially,

LP
Stefan Ram
2021-01-23 05:08:14 UTC
dogs raised their inner eyebrows more and at higher intensities than wolves.
"More" and "at higher intensities" does not make sense
because it says the same thing two times.

This clearly means: plus souvent et avec plus d'intensité.
Jack
2021-01-23 07:01:35 UTC
It sounds like it means "higher".
Peter T. Daniels
2021-01-23 15:26:03 UTC
Post by Jack
On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 20:53:00 -0800 (PST), Lazypierrot
I would like to know what is meant by "more" and the phrase "at higher intensities" in the following sentence. I wonder if "more" means "more often" and "at higher intensities" means "more strongly", which results in "more bigger eyes."
dogs raised their inner eyebrows more and at higher intensities than wolves.
It sounds like it means "higher".
It could have said "higher and at greater intensities" -- so LP may have it right.

Or it could just be badly written, but (unlike some of our other Chinese queriers)
LP has _still_ not learned to name her sources.