Colonel Yuck
2018-08-08 13:27:20 UTC
Most posts by the Colonel are pretty yucky, and ironically,
"Burke" is pronounced similarly to French onomatopeia "beurk",
which is equivalent to "yuck".

How about calling him "Colonel Yuck"?
Peter Young
2018-08-08 13:48:21 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Most posts by the Colonel are pretty yucky, and ironically,
"Burke" is pronounced similarly to French onomatopeia "beurk",
which is equivalent to "yuck".
How about calling him "Colonel Yuck"?
I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the definition of the Cockney rhyming
slang word "berk".

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=berk

Peter.
(US equivalent: Certified Anesthesiologist) (AUE Au)
http://pnyoung.orpheusweb.co.uk
Steve Hayes
2018-08-18 11:23:55 UTC
Post by Peter Young
Most posts by the Colonel are pretty yucky, and ironically, "Burke" is
pronounced similarly to French onomatopeia "beurk",
which is equivalent to "yuck".
How about calling him "Colonel Yuck"?
I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the definition of the Cockney
rhyming slang word "berk".
Indeed, in this context "Burke" and "Berk" are synonyms.

One of my reasons for only reading aue when I happen to (accidentally)
boot into Linux is that the Pan newsreader has a facility for killfiling
berks (and burkes).
Steve Hayes http://khanya.wordpress.com
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2018-08-08 13:56:47 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Most posts by the Colonel are pretty yucky, and ironically,
"Burke" is pronounced similarly to French onomatopeia "beurk",
which is equivalent to "yuck".
How about calling him "Colonel Yuck"?
How about ignoring him altogether?
LFS
2018-08-09 11:31:04 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Most posts by the Colonel are pretty yucky, and ironically,
"Burke" is pronounced similarly to French onomatopeia "beurk",
which is equivalent to "yuck".
How about calling him "Colonel Yuck"?
How about ignoring him altogether?
So many posters to ignore these days.. makes reading aue considerably
quicker, though.
Laura (emulate St George for email)
Quinn C
2018-08-09 20:54:29 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Most posts by the Colonel are pretty yucky, and ironically,
"Burke" is pronounced similarly to French onomatopeia "beurk",
which is equivalent to "yuck".
How about calling him "Colonel Yuck"?
I'm prefer to call it "Colonel Invisible".
--
Some things are taken away from you, some you leave behind-and
some you carry with you, world without end.