What if Dark Matter has something to do with Immortality?
b***@gmail.com
2018-09-13 13:34:55 UTC
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-09-13 13:49:47 UTC
42
Peter Moylan
2018-09-14 06:49:55 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
42
I thought the theologians decided at some point that souls are massless.
B***@37.com
2018-09-14 10:32:08 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
42
I thought the theologians decided at some point that souls are massless.
Wait a minute, if there's dark matter, then there's dark energy, right?
So maybe I meant to suggest "What if dark energy has something to do with immortality —— "And what if dark energy has everything to do with immortality?" —— that would take care of the mass thing wouldn't it?
I wonder what Einstein would say?
J. J. Lodder
2018-09-14 11:05:43 UTC
Post by B***@37.com
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
42
I thought the theologians decided at some point that souls are massless.
Wait a minute, if there's dark matter, then there's dark energy, right?
Nope. Different things.
Post by B***@37.com
I wonder what Einstein would say?
Einstein was far smarter than I am.
He just wouldn't reply,

Jan
OneStone
Eh. I'm not so sure.
J. J. Lodder
2018-09-14 17:08:11 UTC
Post by OneStone
Post by J. J. Lodder
Post by B***@37.com
Post by B***@37.com
I wonder what Einstein would say?
Einstein was far smarter than I am.
He just wouldn't reply,
Eh. I'm not so sure.
We know only what he replied to,
we don't know what he ignored,

2018-09-14 12:16:05 UTC
Post by B***@37.com
Wait a minute, if there's dark matter, then there's dark energy, right?
So maybe I meant to suggest "What if dark energy has something to do
with immortality" "And what if dark energy has everything to do
with immortality?" that would take care of the mass thing
wouldn't it?
I wonder what Einstein would say?
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not yet completely sure about the universe."

2018-09-14 17:08:11 UTC
Post by Richard Tobin
Post by B***@37.com
Wait a minute, if there's dark matter, then there's dark energy, right?
So maybe I meant to suggest "What if dark energy has something to do
with immortality" "And what if dark energy has everything to do
with immortality?" that would take care of the mass thing
wouldn't it?
I wonder what Einstein would say?
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not yet completely sure about the universe."
You have a source?

Jan

(Yes, I know, and I think no.
It's not in style)
Richard Tobin
2018-09-14 17:24:41 UTC
Post by Richard Tobin
Post by B***@37.com
Wait a minute, if there's dark matter, then there's dark energy, right?
So maybe I meant to suggest "What if dark energy has something to do
with immortality" "And what if dark energy has everything to do
with immortality?" that would take care of the mass thing
wouldn't it?
I wonder what Einstein would say?
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not yet completely sure about the universe."
You have a source?
If he didn't say it, it's because he hadn't come across anything as
stupid as the theory above.

-- Richard
B***@37.com
2018-09-15 20:17:57 UTC
Post by Richard Tobin
Post by B***@37.com
Wait a minute, if there's dark matter, then there's dark energy, right?
So maybe I meant to suggest "What if dark energy has something to do
with immortality" "And what if dark energy has everything to do
with immortality?" that would take care of the mass thing
wouldn't it?
I wonder what Einstein would say?
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not yet completely sure about the universe."
You have a source?
Jan
(Yes, I know, and I think no.
It's not in style)
What kind of proof or source do you need to consider the possibility?

-BDN-
J. J. Lodder
2018-09-20 09:21:36 UTC
Post by B***@37.com
Post by J. J. Lodder
<https://quoteinvestigator.com> is unknown to you?

2018-09-14 19:39:45 UTC
On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 06:49:55 GMT, Peter Moylan
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
42
I thought the theologians decided at some point that souls are
massless.
Hey, you, get offa my pin!
2018-09-14 20:14:27 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
42
I thought the theologians decided at some point that souls are massless.
Hey, you, get offa my pin!
How many parking tickets will fit?

2018-09-14 20:17:32 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
42
I thought the theologians decided at some point that souls are massless.
Hey, you, get offa my pin!
How many parking tickets will fit?
There are 50 million human sufferers of epilepsy but I don't know
of any statistics for parking tickets.
Paul Wolff
2018-09-14 23:15:39 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
42
I thought the theologians decided at some point that souls are massless.
Hey, you, get offa my pin!
How many parking tickets will fit?
Non Ford Angliae, sed Ford Angeli.
Paul
J. J. Lodder
2018-09-16 19:18:33 UTC
Post by Paul Wolff
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
42
I thought the theologians decided at some point that souls are massless.
Hey, you, get offa my pin!
How many parking tickets will fit?
Non Ford Angliae, sed Ford Angeli.
I understand you prefectly,

Jan
b***@gmail.com
Want to know what else accompanies dark matter, dark energy, and immortality? —— Cold Fusion! —— that's right, Bohso and I cracked it, and we're gonna get the Nobel Prize, be incredibly rich, inconceivably famous, and I owe it all to Bohso because I dreamed it, I know it's true, and have the math to prove it.
occam
2018-09-18 16:52:49 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
42
I thought the theologians decided at some point that souls are massless.
Hey, you, get offa my pin!
How many parking tickets will fit?
The souls were not parked there. They were dancing. Your question should
have been - how many Waltz-pairs will it fit?
J. J. Lodder
2018-09-20 09:21:36 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
42
I thought the theologians decided at some point that souls are massless.
Hey, you, get offa my pin!
How many parking tickets will fit?
The souls were not parked there. They were dancing. Your question should
have been - how many Waltz-pairs will it fit?
None, for in the end two is a crowd,

Jan
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2018-09-13 14:02:27 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
Ah, what if...
The really real question is.... Do black lives matter??
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2018-09-13 14:02:27 UTC
Mack A. Damia
2018-09-13 14:22:15 UTC
What if heaven is a string?
Kerr-Mudd,John
2018-09-13 16:04:29 UTC
Post by Mack A. Damia
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
What if heaven is a string?
And what Chord? Umm?
2018-09-13 17:34:08 UTC
Post by Kerr-Mudd,John
Post by Mack A. Damia
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
What if heaven is a string?
And what Chord? Umm?
I lost it.

This is The Knack on WAUE.
Kerr-Mudd,John
2018-09-14 19:43:26 UTC
Post by Mack A. Damia
On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 10:34:08 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Friedman
Post by Jerry Friedman
On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 14:22:15 GMT, Mack A. Damia
Post by Mack A. Damia
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
What if heaven is a string?
And what Chord? Umm?
I lost it.
http://youtu.be/gHfeUUlgpxg
This is The Knack on WAUE.
I don't think so, another version:

Probably I meant this one:

2018-09-14 17:53:38 UTC
Post by Kerr-Mudd,John
Post by Mack A. Damia
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
What if heaven is a string?
And what Chord? Umm?
Down with Chordate Supremacy!!
--
Learning the rules that govern intelligible speech is an
inculcation into normalized language, where the price of not
-- Judith Butler
Kerr-Mudd,John
2018-09-14 19:44:58 UTC
Post by Mack A. Damia
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
What if heaven is a string?
And what Chord? Umm?
Down with Chordate Supremacy!!
Invertebrates ain't got no backbone.
(yrs more of an in-ebrate)
Bill Day
2018-09-13 14:27:21 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
What if Dark Matter has Nothing to do with Immortality?

What if Dark Matter has Nothing to do with Anything?

What if there are entirely too many rhetorical questions?
remove nonsense for reply
occam
2018-09-13 14:28:49 UTC
What if doesn't?
Jerry Friedman
2018-09-13 17:34:31 UTC
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immorality?
I fixed your post for you.
2018-09-14 07:58:41 UTC
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immorality?
I fixed your post for you.
That would be darkly attractive,

2018-09-14 07:58:41 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
In the
'If the sky falls, will we all have a blue hat?'
category,

Jan
Arindam Banerjee
2018-09-19 07:14:35 UTC
I suppose it has, what has not lived in light cannot die. Dark matter is stars without hydrogen, large planets etc.
J. J. Lodder
2018-09-19 08:49:51 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
I suppose it has, what has not lived in light cannot die. Dark matter is
stars without hydrogen, large planets etc.
Correct, but there cannot be enough of them
to fit the observations,

Jan
Arindam Banerjee
2018-09-19 09:47:40 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
I suppose it has, what has not lived in light cannot die. Dark matter is
stars without hydrogen, large planets etc.
Correct, but there cannot be enough of them
to fit the observations,
Jan
Who can believe in the professional pseudo-scientific liars in charge of physics today? Not I, certainly. Everything they say has to be taken with large handfuls of salt.

Dark matter is most probably stars without hydrogen or other gases to form their atmosphere, which is not the case for our Sun. There could be more such stars than the bright stars.

Their collisions create metal fragments, and a potential danger for deep space travel.

Some come down as meteorites. These were used to make iron implements, for generations.

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee
J. J. Lodder
2018-09-19 11:42:00 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by J. J. Lodder
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
I suppose it has, what has not lived in light cannot die. Dark matter is
stars without hydrogen, large planets etc.
Correct, but there cannot be enough of them
to fit the observations,
Jan
Who can believe in the professional pseudo-scientific liars in charge of
physics today? Not I, certainly. Everything they say has to be taken with
large handfuls of salt.
You are in luck.
Dark matter was discovered in 1932 by the Dutch astronomer Jan Oort,
so well before the present day.
Oort also coined the term 'dark matter'. (D. donkere materie)
He his perhaps better know for his discovery of the 'Oort Cloud',
but his discovery of dark matter is more fundamental.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Oort>
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Dark matter is most probably stars without hydrogen or other gases to form
their atmosphere, which is not the case for our Sun. There could be more
such stars than the bright stars.
'Could be' is the word. Could be lumps of green cheese too.
Nobody has succeeded in coming up with a plausible model of galaxy
formation and stellar evolution that would leave sufficient amounts
of dark matter in the outer regions of the galaxy.
(the amount is huge)

Jan
Arindam Banerjee
2018-09-19 22:40:32 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by J. J. Lodder
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by b***@gmail.com
What if Dark Matter has Everything to do with Immortality?
I suppose it has, what has not lived in light cannot die. Dark matter is
stars without hydrogen, large planets etc.
Correct, but there cannot be enough of them
to fit the observations,
Jan
Who can believe in the professional pseudo-scientific liars in charge of
physics today? Not I, certainly. Everything they say has to be taken with
large handfuls of salt.
You are in luck.
Dark matter was discovered in 1932 by the Dutch astronomer Jan Oort,
so well before the present day.
Oort also coined the term 'dark matter'. (D. donkere materie)
He his perhaps better know for his discovery of the 'Oort Cloud',
but his discovery of dark matter is more fundamental.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Oort>
1932 is well after the e=mcc=hv nonsense. Nothing after Einstein is believable in the field of physics, wherever relativity or quantum is involved, implying absence of aether.

How on earth can "dark matter" be detected if there is no radiation from it?
Post by J. J. Lodder
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Dark matter is most probably stars without hydrogen or other gases to form
their atmosphere, which is not the case for our Sun. There could be more
such stars than the bright stars.
'Could be' is the word. Could be lumps of green cheese too.
Chances of their being large Moons (sun sized objects without gas on top) is much larger, since even the Einsteinians do not make the Moon to be a lump of green cheese.
Post by J. J. Lodder
Nobody has succeeded in coming up with a plausible model of galaxy
formation and stellar evolution that would leave sufficient amounts
of dark matter in the outer regions of the galaxy.
(the amount is huge)
Dark matter, if it exists, is matter which does not radiate from its internal energy. It is cold, like the Moon. Meteors, asteroids, small planets are all dark matter we can know about. There could be heaps and heaps of them around in deep space. In due course, they can be mined, reaching them with ships built with internal force engines taking them to superluminal velocities. This will happen, after another few centuries - if humans manage to survive that long.

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee
2018-09-20 10:03:20 UTC
On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 15:40:32 -0700 (PDT), Arindam Banerjee
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by J. J. Lodder
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by J. J. Lodder
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
By the gravitational effects of its mass?
2018-09-20 10:30:28 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by J. J. Lodder
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by J. J. Lodder
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Your madness is expanding.
Jan Oort's discovery of dark matter is based on Newtonian mechanics,
sound use of statistics, and nothing else.
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
Post by Arindam Banerjee
How on earth can "dark matter" be detected if there is no radiation from it?
By the gravitational effects of its mass?
And in some cases by noting that it passes in front of something else.
<https://xkcd.com/2035>

Jan
Arindam Banerjee
2018-09-20 11:04:33 UTC
We will need to get into the details and see what is left after hard facts and deductive logic are applied.
J. J. Lodder
2018-09-20 11:47:05 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
We will need to get into the details and see what is left after hard facts
and deductive logic are applied.
How do you 'apply' a hard fact?
Is that Indian English too?

Jan
Arindam Banerjee
2018-09-20 13:19:14 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
We will need to get into the details and see what is left after hard facts
and deductive logic are applied.
How do you 'apply' a hard fact?
Is that Indian English too?
It is my English. These days I am Australian, albeit second class. I was an Indian citizen till a few years ago, now I am as an OCI a second class Indian citizen. Taking it all, it is double second class Australian-Indian English. A new thingy, maybe.

Anyway, to answer your question. A hard fact I define, in my English, is a reality whose existence and definition are equally accepted by all reasonably sane parties; the more hostile they are to each other, the "harder" the fact.

By "reasonably sane" I mean capable of leading independent existences without harming themselves, or each other, unduly.

Once the hard facts relevant to a case are identified, the rest is relatively easy. Their interactions, when studied with care, analysed with deductive logic, modelled with honest mathematical methods, shunning as many assumptions as possible, while theorising as little as possible, naturally lead to correct conclusions on a scientific basis.

I did all that for my living.
2018-09-20 16:16:10 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by J. J. Lodder
Post by Arindam Banerjee
[...]
This has to be the most hilarious piece of complete absence of self-awareness
ever written!
Arindam Banerjee
Idiots like you find everything funny. Such is their coping mechanism.
J. J. Lodder
2018-09-20 18:02:02 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by J. J. Lodder
Post by Arindam Banerjee
[...]
I pity your employer. Did he throw a party when you left?

Jan
Arindam Banerjee
2018-09-20 23:09:02 UTC
Post by Arindam Banerjee
Post by J. J. Lodder
Post by Arindam Banerjee
[...]
Let us go back in time, then. Nice exercise!

My resume will show that I worked full time for Bharat Electronics, India's largest electronics company, from 1978 to 1989.

In that period I developed a range of primary and secondary radar antennas, DME and space antennas, mostly from scratch. Such were their success, that my colleagues rose to the highest ranks in the company. Success of that original kind is truly rare in India, where they copy everything and that too not very well.

It so happened that in the meantime I got a higher degree M.Tech in Computer Science, studying part-time while working full time.

My thesis was on partial match retrievals, now known as googling. I believed there was enormous potential in that research work. In USA, my conference leader talked to me for hours, asking me to do work there. But I was patriotic, and remained in my company.

Unfortunately no one in India understood what I was saying. It was 1987 and no one knew about computers; in fact the intelligentsia was dead against computers.
I emigrated to Australia, came here without a job. Faith in the Gods and Goddesses, and from that to oneself, works like that.

My boss in India told me to write whatever I wanted for a recommendation, and I did just that. He signed it, and that document is still with me.

They gave me a farewell party. I cannot say they liked me too much - who can like a genius - but they respected me all right.

Second job, in Telstra Research Labs, Melbourne, from 1989 to 2006. Very lucrative, easy-going and highly productive. I escaped many purges, because my work - on the lines I have shown above - was so original, and surpassingly good; but when they shut down the labs I took the nice fat package and left. We had a large party to celebrate our closure - "showers here" was the sign we followed to our extinction. I learnt that the Labour party is for engineers and teachers and nurses, while the Liberal party is for doctors and lawyers and businessmen, who do not care for any kind of productive industrial research. When Little Johnny Howard was elected, our fate was sealed.

After that, it has been contracts for me, and now I am on my own, to do what I can, with my one-person company HTN Research. It is an IP company; I generate IP which in time I will try to market. It may take me a few years, or a few decades, to really get going, but who knows. I expect that in time all my original ideas will be understood and accepted. In the meantime the size of balls around me has been noted. I had to go to the Kremlin for that purpose.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2397532983607818&set=a.506922209335581&type=3&theater&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1537399508841205

Life is one long party now - financial independence, won after three decades of hard work, is good. A devoted and faithful wife, who is supportive, is even better. Children and grandchildren are the further layers of the cake of joy. The terrific efforts of the Marxist intellectuals here to disrupt family values, cause divorce etc, did not work.

Lodder-led louts, pouncing from pubs, lost their chance to beat me up in Cambridge, for I did not go there when I was in England. Sir Isaac Newton had made his way to Westminster Abbey and I paid my respects to him there, along with plenty of non-English people who too were looking for his final resting place. One regret is that Hawking has managed to snuck up nearby.

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee