a bit more room in the fight
Add Reply
Lazypierrot
2019-11-01 03:31:38 UTC
I would like to know the meaning of "room" in the following sentence. I would also be glad if you would paraphrase "giving humans a bit more room in the fight against climate change"

Plants will release far less extra CO2 in a warming world than previously assumed,
giving humans a bit more *room* in the fight against climate change, scientists
reported recently.

Cordially,

LP
Tony Cooper
2019-11-01 04:07:53 UTC
On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 20:31:38 -0700 (PDT), Lazypierrot
Post by Lazypierrot
I would like to know the meaning of "room" in the following sentence. I would also be glad if you would paraphrase "giving humans a bit more room in the fight against climate change"
Plants will release far less extra CO2 in a warming world than previously assumed,
giving humans a bit more *room* in the fight against climate change, scientists
reported recently.
More space, in this context. Less constraint in the fight against
climate change.
Horace LaBadie
HUmans will have more time in which to act.
J. J. Lodder
2019-11-01 10:37:50 UTC
Post by Lazypierrot
I would like to know the meaning of "room" in the following sentence. I
would also be glad if you would paraphrase "giving humans a bit more room
in the fight against climate change"
Plants will release far less extra CO2 in a warming world than previously
assumed, giving humans a bit more *room* in the fight against climate
change, scientists reported recently.
For some rather large values of 'recently'.
<https://www.nature.com/articles/nature17142>
seems to be what it is about. (from 2016)
Special result, and lots of 'may' and 'if' about it,

2019-11-01 10:47:38 UTC
Post by Lazypierrot
I would like to know the meaning of "room" in the following
sentence. I would also be glad if you would paraphrase "giving
humans a bit more room in the fight against climate change"
Plants will release far less extra CO2 in a warming world than
previously assumed, giving humans a bit more *room* in the fight
against climate change, scientists reported recently.
For some rather large values of 'recently'.
<https://www.nature.com/articles/nature17142> seems to be what it is
about. (from 2016) Special result, and lots of 'may' and 'if' about
it,
So it's still not clear whether we can wait until 2020 to do what we
should have done in 1970.
Jack
2019-11-01 15:36:32 UTC
On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 21:47:38 +1100, Peter Moylan
Post by Lazypierrot
I would like to know the meaning of "room" in the following
sentence. I would also be glad if you would paraphrase "giving
humans a bit more room in the fight against climate change"
Plants will release far less extra CO2 in a warming world than
previously assumed, giving humans a bit more *room* in the fight
against climate change, scientists reported recently.
For some rather large values of 'recently'.
<https://www.nature.com/articles/nature17142> seems to be what it is
about. (from 2016) Special result, and lots of 'may' and 'if' about
it,
So it's still not clear whether we can wait until 2020 to do what we
should have done in 1970.
But maybe you can wait another month or two to sell your house in
Miami.