English language "war nu"/military journal
Emanuel Berg
2019-12-03 16:19:18 UTC
What English language "war nu"/military journal
would you recommend?

With the focus on today's world, i.e. not
Civil War/WW2 etc.

Also not focusing on a specific brand of the
military or a specific country's forces?

E.g., "International Military Affairs Monthly",
is there such a journal?
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
https://dataswamp.org/~incal
Quinn C
2019-12-03 17:47:03 UTC
Post by Emanuel Berg
What English language "war nu"/military journal
would you recommend?
Aue-wise, the interesting part is the meaning of "nu". I have no idea.
Post by Emanuel Berg
With the focus on today's world, i.e. not
Civil War/WW2 etc.
Also not focusing on a specific brand of the
military or a specific country's forces?
E.g., "International Military Affairs Monthly",
is there such a journal?
There's "Conflict Management and Peace Science".
My pronouns are they/them
(or other gender-neutral ones)
Emanuel Berg
2019-12-03 18:46:55 UTC
Post by Emanuel Berg
What English language "war nu"/military
journal would you recommend?
Aue-wise, the interesting part is the meaning
of "nu". I have no idea.
Heh, should be "nut"! War NUT :)
Post by Quinn C
Post by Emanuel Berg
With the focus on today's world, i.e.
not Civil War/WW2 etc.
Also not focusing on a specific brand of the
military or a specific country's forces?
E.g., "International Military Affairs
Monthly", is there such a journal?
There's "Conflict Management and Peace
Science".
... isn't that rather the opposite?

No, I mean, what country buys what equipment
from whom, what tactical lessons are visible
from the skirmish between X and Y, what happens
when and so on.

It usually has a fighter jet or a tank on the
cover. Or a solider with leaves all over as
camouflage. Or something else that has to do
with war.
https://dataswamp.org/~incal
Quinn C
2019-12-03 19:18:49 UTC
Post by Emanuel Berg
Post by Quinn C
Post by Emanuel Berg
What English language "war nu"/military
journal would you recommend?
Aue-wise, the interesting part is the meaning
of "nu". I have no idea.
Heh, should be "nut"! War NUT :)
Ah. Since it occurred twice, in the Subject line and here, I ruled out
a typo. Guess it was a copy/pasted typo.
Post by Emanuel Berg
Post by Quinn C
Post by Emanuel Berg
With the focus on today's world, i.e.
not Civil War/WW2 etc.
Also not focusing on a specific brand of the
military or a specific country's forces?
E.g., "International Military Affairs
Monthly", is there such a journal?
There's "Conflict Management and Peace
Science".
... isn't that rather the opposite?
I like to provide opportunities for growth :)
--
Germany has remained an obstreperous, unhappy stepchild
among nations.
-- Louis L. Snyder
Sam Plusnet
2019-12-03 22:23:17 UTC
Post by Emanuel Berg
Post by Emanuel Berg
Post by Quinn C
Post by Emanuel Berg
With the focus on today's world, i.e.
not Civil War/WW2 etc.
Also not focusing on a specific brand of the
military or a specific country's forces?
E.g., "International Military Affairs
Monthly", is there such a journal?
There's "Conflict Management and Peace
Science".
... isn't that rather the opposite?
I like to provide opportunities for growth :)
"Jane's International Defence Review" is the most obvious candidate, but
(IIRC) it concentrates on the arms sales side of things - where the
money is.
My knowledge of it is nearly 30 years out of date.
Joseph C. Fineman
2019-12-03 22:49:31 UTC
Post by Emanuel Berg
What English language "war nu"/military journal
would you recommend?
With the focus on today's world, i.e. not
Civil War/WW2 etc.
Also not focusing on a specific brand of the
military or a specific country's forces?
E.g., "International Military Affairs Monthly",
is there such a journal?
Jane's Information Group may be helpful. Not all in one journal, tho.
--
--- Joe Fineman ***@verizon.net

||: As our memory weakens, we need pain more. :||