You’ll start to recognize things the more you study it.
Add Reply
hongy...@gmail.com
2021-04-02 01:27:53 UTC
See the following statement excerpted from <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ik=7b73d6af10&view=pt&search=all&permmsgid=msg-f%3A1695864961893406327&simpl=msg-f%3A1695864961893406327>:

<quote>
The fundamental concepts aren’t so different, but the terminology is different, and some of the semantics have nuanced differences. You’ll start to recognize things the more you study it.
</quote>

I'm not sure if the last sentence above is correct or not. Any hints will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
HY
Jerry Friedman
2021-04-02 02:05:29 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
<quote>
The fundamental concepts aren’t so different, but the terminology is different, and some of the semantics have nuanced differences. You’ll start to recognize things the more you study it.
</quote>
I'm not sure if the last sentence above is correct or not. Any hints will be highly appreciated.
It's non-standard, though many of my students write things like that. Usually "the more" goes
with "the more", so "The more you study it, the more you'll recognize things" would be good.
Or "You'll start to recognize things more as you study it."
Anders D. Nygaard
2021-04-02 12:02:36 UTC
Excerpting from a private e-mail makes for a less-than-useful reference.
Post by ***@gmail.com
<quote>
The fundamental concepts aren’t so different, but the terminology is different, and some of the semantics have nuanced differences. You’ll start to recognize things the more you study it.
</quote>
I'm not sure if the last sentence above is correct or not. Any hints will be highly appreciated.
Clunky but understandable, I'd say.

/Anders, Denmark