can "manhunt" be made gender-neutral?
2019-10-28 13:11:58 UTC
"person-hunt"? looks absurd.
Ian Jackson
2019-10-30 08:51:50 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
"person-hunt"? looks absurd.
I asked the Chairman of the Board, and she said that "personhunt" was
quite ridiculous.
Ian
charles
2019-10-30 10:32:38 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by s***@gmail.com
"person-hunt"? looks absurd.
I asked the Chairman of the Board, and she said that "personhunt" was
quite ridiculous.
exactly - it should "perchild-hunt".
Ian Jackson
Ian
Quinn C
2019-10-30 16:23:08 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by s***@gmail.com
"person-hunt"? looks absurd.
I asked the Chairman of the Board, and she said that "personhunt" was
quite ridiculous.
exactly - it should "perchild-hunt".
Has anyone done anything about the crazy idea that adults can be
kidnapped?
--
... it might be nice to see ourselves reflected in TV shows and
Pride season campaigns, but the cis white men who invented the
-- Delilah Friedler at slate.com
Sam Plusnet
2019-10-30 19:51:22 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by s***@gmail.com
"person-hunt"? looks absurd.
I asked the Chairman of the Board, and she said that "personhunt" was
quite ridiculous.
exactly - it should "perchild-hunt".
Has anyone done anything about the crazy idea that adults can be
kidnapped?
It gets my goat every time I see it.
Peter Young
2019-10-30 21:40:17 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by s***@gmail.com
"person-hunt"? looks absurd.
I asked the Chairman of the Board, and she said that "personhunt" was
quite ridiculous.
exactly - it should "perchild-hunt".
Has anyone done anything about the crazy idea that adults can be
kidnapped?
It gets my goat every time I see it.
In Leckhampton, a suburb of Cheltenham, there's a road called "Kidnappers
Lane". I've been told, but can't prove, that this was where workers used
to take the nap off kidskin which was used to make gloves.

Si non e vero, e ben trovato.

Peter.
(US equivalent: Certified Anesthesiologist)
http://pnyoung.orpheusweb.co.uk
CDB
What if it was all in fun?
Quinn C
2019-10-31 16:21:47 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by s***@gmail.com
"person-hunt"? looks absurd.
I asked the Chairman of the Board, and she said that "personhunt"
was quite ridiculous.
exactly - it should "perchild-hunt".
Has anyone done anything about the crazy idea that adults can be
kidnapped?
What if it was all in fun?
I do pretend to be asleep at times.
--
The Internet? Is that thing still around? - Homer Simpson