Which is better -- "...whether Pelosi likes it or not" or "whether or not Pelosi likes it"?
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2019-01-19 00:52:18 UTC
Which is better, version A or B?

Version A:

Levin: 'The president of the United States is going to give
a speech to the nation, whether Pelosi likes it or not'

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-the-president-of-the-united-states-is-going-to-give-a-speech-to-the-nation-whether-pelosi-likes-it-or-not/

Or,

Version B:

Levin: 'The president of the United States is going to give
a speech to the nation, whether or not Pelosi likes it'

conservativereview.com
Friday, January 18, 2019

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-the-president-of-the-united-states-is-going-to-give-a-speech-to-the-nation-whether-pelosi-likes-it-or-not/

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj
Joseph C. Fineman
2019-01-19 22:28:04 UTC
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
Which is better, version A or B?
Levin: 'The president of the United States is going to give
a speech to the nation, whether Pelosi likes it or not'
https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-the-president-of-the-united-states-is-going-to-give-a-speech-to-the-nation-whether-pelosi-likes-it-or-not/
Or,
Levin: 'The president of the United States is going to give
a speech to the nation, whether or not Pelosi likes it'
They are both idiomatic English. To my taste, A has better rhythm.
--
--- Joe Fineman ***@verizon.net

||: Having a computer is like having a second mind -- one that :||
||: is always on the verge of a nervous breakdown. :||
Kerr-Mudd,John
2019-01-20 11:01:45 UTC
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
Which is better, version A or B?