What if Tennessee Williams' first name was Alabama?
B***@37.com
2018-10-10 11:20:40 UTC
What if Stanley Kowalski was a streetcar but on Twilight Zone?

What if Blanche DuBois's dead husband was a young gay henpecked Marlon Brando who died of a broken heart before he was bitch slapped to Death?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tennessee+williams+dick+cavett&&view=detail&mid=34DE66587EF88CBD4F9834DE66587EF88CBD4F98&&FORM=VRDGAR
RHDraney
2018-10-10 12:00:15 UTC
On 10/10/2018 4:20 AM, ***@37.com wrote:

I never thought about it before, but one of my great-uncles was named
Forrest Shepard...sounds vaguely hobbity....r
Jenny Telia
2018-10-10 12:12:47 UTC
Post by B***@37.com
What if Stanley Kowalski was a streetcar but on Twilight Zone?
What if Blanche DuBois's dead husband was a young gay henpecked Marlon Brando who died of a broken heart before he was bitch slapped to Death?
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tennessee+williams+dick+cavett&&view=detail&mid=34DE66587EF88CBD4F9834DE66587EF88CBD4F98&&FORM=VRDGAR
What if your posts were more relevant to this news group?

What if you were a smarter than the bozo that you are...
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2018-10-10 14:17:18 UTC
Post by Jenny Telia
Post by B***@37.com
What if Stanley Kowalski was a streetcar but on Twilight Zone?
What if Blanche DuBois's dead husband was a young gay henpecked Marlon
Brando who died of a broken heart before he was bitch slapped to Death?
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tennessee+williams+dick+cavett&&view=detail&mid=34DE66587EF88CBD4F9834DE66587EF88CBD4F98&&FORM=VRDGAR
What
Post by Jenny Telia
if your posts were more relevant to this news group?
What if you were a smarter than the bozo that you are...
What if he just went away?
h***@gmail.com
2018-10-10 15:38:50 UTC
Post by Jenny Telia
if your posts were more relevant to this news group?
What if you were a smarter than the bozo that you are...
What if he just went away?
"Rocks are there".
"Rocks are here".
"Rocks is here".

A Streetcar Named Desire.

Do you really have to spend your day complaining about things that
are on-topic, interesting, entertaining?
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2018-10-10 17:42:44 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Athel Cornish-Bowden
[ … ]
What if he just went away?
"Rocks are there".
"Rocks are here".
"Rocks is here".
A Streetcar Named Desire.
Do you really have to spend your day complaining about things that
are on-topic, interesting, entertaining?
Do you really think your posts (and Bozo's) are so rich in interesting
content that it takes all day to study them and reply?

I spend very little of the day doing this -- just interludes when I get
bored with more useful activities.
h***@gmail.com
2018-10-10 18:20:52 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Athel Cornish-Bowden
[ … ]
What if he just went away?
"Rocks are there".
"Rocks are here".
"Rocks is here".
A Streetcar Named Desire.
Do you really have to spend your day complaining about things that
are on-topic, interesting, entertaining?
Do you really think your posts (and Bozo's) are so rich in interesting
content that it takes all day to study them and reply?
I spend very little of the day doing this -- just interludes when I get
bored with more useful activities.
So why then pick on a Tennessee Williams clip, with obvious AmE usage?
"The Glass Menagerie" etc made no impression on me when I read it/them;
but I give people credit for putting themselves through that same torture,
and coming back here to tell us about it.

You are obviously widely read. Why not share it with us, rather than
complaining about other people who read wider/widelier?
Peter T. Daniels
2018-10-10 18:29:58 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
[...]
Plays are meant to be seen and not read. There happens to be a celebrated
film of *The Glass Menagerie*, and ISTR it's been revived on Broadway
several times, because of two plum roles for older women. Does the West
End not appreciate American drama as Broadway does British?
charles
2018-10-10 18:51:16 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
[...]
I worked on a production of Glass Menagerie (did the lighting. Yes, it
deserves to be seen, but needs a good director to bring it alive.
B***@37.com
Thanks a heap now I have to google and look up The Glass Menagerie damn it.
B***@37.com
Why is this stupid pompous play called "The Glass Menagerie" anyway? —— I mean there ain't a clue anywhere in any of the top listed abstracts, WTF!
Peter T. Daniels
If you won't read the play (not a bad attitude), then watch the movie.
Peter T. Daniels
2018-10-10 20:52:38 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Peter T. Daniels
Post by h***@gmail.com
"The Glass Menagerie" etc made no impression on me when I read it/them;
but I give people credit for putting themselves through that same torture,
and coming back here to tell us about it.
You are obviously widely read. Why not share it with us, rather than
complaining about other people who read wider/widelier?
Plays are meant to be seen and not read. There happens to be a celebrated
film of *The Glass Menagerie*, and ISTR it's been revived on Broadway
several times, because of two plum roles for older women. Does the West
End not appreciate American drama as Broadway does British?
I worked on a production of Glass Menagerie (did the lighting. Yes, it
deserves to be seen, but needs a good director to bring it alive.
Most recently, the two leading ladies traded roles performance by performance.
Rather how James Earl Jones and some other (white) guy traded off as Iago
and Othello, years ago.
Madrigal Gurneyhalt
2018-10-11 11:04:04 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
[...]
The play's most recent West End production ...

26 January to 29 April 2017, at the Duke of York's Theatre, London
Cherry Jones as Amanda Wingfield
Kate O'Flynn as Laura Wingfield
Michael Esper as Tom Wingfield
Brian J. Smith as Jim O'Connor
Sam Plusnet
2018-10-10 20:59:23 UTC
On 10-Oct-18 19:20, ***@gmail.com wrote:
Post by h***@gmail.com
You are obviously widely read. Why not share it with us, rather than
complaining about other people who read wider/widelier?
Interesting suggestion, but that should take place in a news group
intended for that purpose, not here.

You could create a new news group to further your aims. This one
doesn't seem at all receptive to the idea.
h***@gmail.com
2018-10-11 15:32:13 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
You are obviously widely read. Why not share it with us, rather than
complaining about other people who read wider/widelier?
English usage is unrelated to English literature? Athel has Mary
Whitehouse syndrome - remember her?

"This is bound to be offensive. Hmmm I suppose I'd better read it, just
in case it needs to be stopped. OMG I have *never* been more offended
in my entire life!" The Wednesday Play survived for a short while, and
so will AUE and its contributors.

I have no time for Tennessee Williams, and have no memory at all of
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof or A Streetcar Named Desire. I don't think bosod
will get much joy out of his Menagerie either - but his link is good.
Sam Plusnet
2018-10-11 19:56:01 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by h***@gmail.com
You are obviously widely read. Why not share it with us, rather than
complaining about other people who read wider/widelier?
English usage is unrelated to English literature? Athel has Mary
Whitehouse syndrome - remember her?
"This is bound to be offensive. Hmmm I suppose I'd better read it, just
in case it needs to be stopped. OMG I have *never* been more offended
in my entire life!" The Wednesday Play survived for a short while, and
so will AUE and its contributors.
I have no time for Tennessee Williams, and have no memory at all of
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof or A Streetcar Named Desire. I don't think bosod
will get much joy out of his Menagerie either - but his link is good.
More to the point, how have you emerged from my killfile?

Return to whence you came, gadfly.
2018-10-10 13:08:51 UTC
On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 7:20:43 AM UTC-4, ***@37.com wrote:

His name was Thomas, Tom to his friends.