"for now on" vs. "from now on" -- Which one is correct?
A***@zimage.com
2004-09-28 23:31:32 UTC
I was told "for now on" is incorrect and "from now on" is correct.
For example, "I will start calling you, Element, for now on." is wrong.
"I will start calling you, Element, from now on." is correct.

So am I wrong? I am not very good with English. Thank you in advance.
:)
--
"If ants had nuclear weapons, they would probably end the world in
a week." --Journey to the Ants, page 59. Bert Holldobler & Edward O.
| |o o| | E-mail: ***@earthlink.netANT or ***@zimage.com
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address if your e-mail was returned.
( )
raymond o'hara
From now on is correct or at least common useage.
Arcadian Rises
Thank you. Next question: is "Element" a common given name?
A***@zimage.com
2004-09-29 06:27:02 UTC
Post by Arcadian Rises
Post by raymond o'hara
Post by A***@zimage.com
I was told "for now on" is incorrect and "from now on" is correct.
For example, "I will start calling you, Element, for now on." is wrong.
"I will start calling you, Element, from now on." is correct.
So am I wrong? I am not very good with English. Thank you in advance.
From now on is correct or at least common useage.
Thank you. Next question: is "Element" a common given name?
Element is a nickname/handle/alias name. :)