Common News Phrases
Farhad
2007-10-04 17:15:59 UTC
Dear All,

Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly appreciate
it if you provided me with the most common phrases you here in news
programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in opening and
signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome to the news on
'whatever TV'. I'm XY".

Many thanks in advance,
Farhad
tony cooper
2007-10-04 17:22:51 UTC
Post by Farhad
Dear All,
Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly appreciate
it if you provided me with the most common phrases you here in news
programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in opening and
signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome to the news on
'whatever TV'. I'm XY".
And now for the weather...
--
Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Nick Spalding
2007-10-04 17:33:42 UTC
Post by Farhad
Dear All,
Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly appreciate
it if you provided me with the most common phrases you here in news
programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in opening and
signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome to the news on
'whatever TV'. I'm XY".
Many thanks in advance,
Farhad
"Welcome back" when resuming after an ad break, which I find very
irritating – I haven't been away, they have.
Nick Spalding
R H Draney
2007-10-04 17:48:51 UTC
Post by Farhad
Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly appreciate
it if you provided me with the most common phrases you here in news
programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in opening and
signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome to the news on
'whatever TV'. I'm XY".
It took a surprisingly long time for television announcers to hit upon the
all-purpose transition: "now this"....r
Lindsay Lohan died for your sins.
Sara Lorimer
2007-10-04 17:53:57 UTC
Post by Farhad
Dear All,
Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly appreciate
it if you provided me with the most common phrases you here in news
programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in opening and
signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome to the news on
'whatever TV'. I'm XY".
Many thanks in advance,
Farhad
"Coming up after the break..."
SML
LFS
2007-10-04 18:23:48 UTC
Post by Sara Lorimer
Post by Farhad
Dear All,
Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly appreciate
it if you provided me with the most common phrases you here in news
programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in opening and
signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome to the news on
'whatever TV'. I'm XY".
Many thanks in advance,
Farhad
"Coming up after the break..."
For some reason, whenever I hear that I always envisage Nessie coming up
out of the water.
--
Laura
(emulate St. George for email)
Mike Lyle
2007-10-04 19:46:24 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Sara Lorimer
Post by Farhad
Dear All,
Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly
appreciate it if you provided me with the most common phrases you
here in news programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in
opening and signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome
to the news on 'whatever TV'. I'm XY".
Many thanks in advance,
Farhad
"Coming up after the break..."
For some reason, whenever I hear that I always envisage Nessie coming
up out of the water.
Which lends a new terror to "See you again at the same time tomorrow."
Dyuthincysaurus?
--
Mike.
LFS
2007-10-04 19:52:14 UTC
Post by Mike Lyle
Post by LFS
Post by Sara Lorimer
Post by Farhad
Dear All,
Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly
appreciate it if you provided me with the most common phrases you
here in news programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in
opening and signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome
to the news on 'whatever TV'. I'm XY".
Many thanks in advance,
Farhad
"Coming up after the break..."
For some reason, whenever I hear that I always envisage Nessie coming
up out of the water.
Which lends a new terror to "See you again at the same time tomorrow."
To which I always respond silently "Not if I can help it".
Post by Mike Lyle
Dyuthincysaurus?
Noybrokispecs.
--
Laura
(emulate St. George for email)
Farhad
2007-10-04 18:23:43 UTC
On Oct 4, 10:15 am, Farhad <***@gmail.com> wrote:

"And that does it for .... Thanks for watching."

Farhad
irwell
2007-10-04 20:38:43 UTC
Stay with us, we'll be right back after this short break..
Farhad
2007-10-04 18:40:22 UTC
On Oct 4, 10:15 am, Farhad <***@gmail.com> wrote:

Before passing the buck to the reporter, "X's correspondent, First
Name plus Last Name, has more".

Farhad
Farhad
2007-10-04 19:17:29 UTC
On Oct 4, 10:15 am, Farhad <***@gmail.com> wrote:

"And that wraps up the news on .... Thanks for staying with us."

Farhad
Bob G
2007-10-05 02:22:30 UTC
Post by Farhad
Dear All,
Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly appreciate
it if you provided me with the most common phrases you here in news
programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in opening and
signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome to the news on
'whatever TV'. I'm XY".
Many thanks in advance,
Farhad
"Don't go away..."
"We'll be right back..."
"Stay with us..."
"When we come back..." ("we" is always emphasized, as if there were
danger someone else might come back).
Nick Atty
2007-10-05 18:38:54 UTC
Post by Farhad
Dear All,
Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly appreciate
it if you provided me with the most common phrases you here in news
programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in opening and
signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome to the news on
'whatever TV'. I'm XY".
BBC:

"Goodeveningtheheadlines.

At six o'clock the prime minister said ..."
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)
My Reply-To address *is* valid, though likely to die soon
Mike M
2007-10-05 19:05:29 UTC
Post by Farhad
Dear All,
Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly appreciate
it if you provided me with the most common phrases you here in news
programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in opening and
signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome to the news on
'whatever TV'. I'm XY".
BBC1 evening news has a central segment where they switch to local
news programs for fifteen minutes, with the catchphrase: "...and now
the news where YOU are". Then they return for a recap of the national
headlines.

ITV News at Ten used to close their programme with "...and finally..."
as an introduction to a humorous or lightweight "human interest" story
(a dog that plays the piano, or some such). Perhaps they still do, I
haven't been paying attention.

Mike M
Peacenik
2007-10-08 01:15:00 UTC
Post by Farhad
Dear All,
Greetings. Hope all is going well with you. I would highly appreciate
it if you provided me with the most common phrases you here in news
programs, especially the phrases news anchors use in opening and
signing off their show. Phrases like "Hello and welcome to the news on
'whatever TV'. I'm XY".
"In other news, ..."