FGU
B***@37.com
2019-07-05 12:46:07 UTC
FORREST GUMP UNIVERSITY
B***@37.com
2019-07-07 02:37:07 UTC
...besides the spelling?

Yes or no will do.
Peter Duncanson [BrE]
2019-07-07 12:19:23 UTC
Post by B***@37.com
...besides the spelling?
Yes or no will do.
No.

Isn't the college "William and Mary College" (singular William)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_of_William_%26_Mary

The College of William & Mary (also known as William & Mary, W&M,
and officially The College of William and Mary in Virginia) is a
public research university in Williamsburg, Virginia. Founded in
1693 by letters patent issued by King William III and Queen Mary
II,...

William and Mary were joint sovereigns of England, Scotland and Ireland,
hence of the British Empire. Virginia was a colony of the British
Empire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_College

Williams College is a private liberal arts college in Williamstown,
Massachusetts, United States. It was established in 1793 with funds
from the estate of Ephraim Williams, a colonist from the Province of
Massachusetts Bay who was killed in the French and Indian War in
1755.
--
Peter Duncanson, UK
(in alt.usage.english)
John Varela
2019-07-07 17:51:21 UTC
On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 12:19:23 UTC, "Peter Duncanson [BrE]"
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
Post by B***@37.com
...besides the spelling?
Yes or no will do.
No.
Isn't the college "William and Mary College" (singular William)?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_of_William_%26_Mary
The College of William & Mary (also known as William & Mary, W&M,
and officially The College of William and Mary in Virginia) is a
Also, to some, as Bill and Molly.
John Varela
Tak To
2019-07-10 22:10:20 UTC
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
Post by B***@37.com
[...]
Williams is the only US college that has an exchanged
program with Oxford -- I was informed of that when I
visited the school four years ago when one of my daughters
was college hunting.
--
Tak
Tak To ***@alum.mit.eduxx
[taode takto ~{LU5B~}] NB: trim the xx to get my real email addr
Ken Blake
2019-07-07 16:05:50 UTC
Post by B***@37.com
...besides the spelling?
Yes or no will do.
There is no Williams & Mary College.
Peter Moylan
2019-07-07 16:15:49 UTC
Post by Ken Blake
Post by B***@37.com
...besides the spelling?
Yes or no will do.
There is no Williams & Mary College.
Which leads, I was going to suggest, to that what they have in common is
that neither exists. To my surprise, there really is such a thing as
Williams College. Who would have guessed that Bozo would get something
right?
--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Ken Blake
2019-07-07 16:50:30 UTC
On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 02:15:49 +1000, Peter Moylan
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by Ken Blake
Post by B***@37.com
...besides the spelling?
Yes or no will do.
There is no Williams & Mary College.
Which leads, I was going to suggest, to that what they have in common is
that neither exists. To my surprise, there really is such a thing as
Williams College.
Yes, I've even been there, many years ago--not as a student, but with
my son, when he was think of applying there.
right?
Horace LaBadie
2019-07-07 16:43:07 UTC
Post by Ken Blake
Post by B***@37.com
...besides the spelling?
Yes or no will do.
There is no Williams & Mary College.
The more interesting question: Do Bozo and Dingbat have anything in
common?
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2019-07-07 16:59:56 UTC
Post by Horace LaBadie
Post by Ken Blake
Post by B***@37.com
...besides the spelling?
Yes or no will do.
There is no Williams & Mary College.
The more interesting question: Do Bozo and Dingbat have anything in
common?
Dingbat occasionally shows signs of knowledge and intelligence. I don't
remember that the bozo has ever done that.
--
athel