a song in Russian, Czech, Polish, Ukrainian
Add Reply
HenHanna
2024-04-18 04:22:39 UTC

i listened to half of this, and thought...
------------ Wait, is this really Russian?

is there a way i can tell a song like this
would be in Czech, Polish, Ukrainian?
HenHanna
2024-04-18 04:24:55 UTC
Post by HenHanna
http://youtu.be/eA3nXvvH8VQ
i listened to half of this,  and thought...
            ------------  Wait,  is this really Russian?
is there a way i can tell a song like this
                       would be in Czech, Polish, Ukrainian?
4min Music Clip (4:33)

Deloraine - Samhain (Loreena McKennitt All Souls Night cover)

Deloraine 39.6K subscribers

101K views -- 6 years ago
Aidan Kehoe
2024-04-18 06:04:14 UTC
Post by HenHanna
Post by HenHanna
http://youtu.be/eA3nXvvH8VQ
i listened to half of this,  and thought...
            ------------  Wait,  is this really Russian?
is there a way i can tell a song like this
                       would be in Czech, Polish, Ukrainian?
Well, learn at least one of those languages and you’ll find it easier to work
out.

Pragmatically pitch, cadence, frequency of certain sounds are what I use to
narrow down spoken languages that I can recognise but can’t speak; but getting
to the recognition point requires a certain amount of experience.
--
‘As I sat looking up at the Guinness ad, I could never figure out /
How your man stayed up on the surfboard after fourteen pints of stout’
(C. Moore)
HenHanna
2024-04-18 19:43:48 UTC
Post by Aidan Kehoe
Post by HenHanna
http://youtu.be/eA3nXvvH8VQ
Post by HenHanna
4min Music Clip (4:33)
Deloraine - Samhain (Loreena McKennitt All Souls Night cover)
Deloraine 39.6K subscribers
101K views -- 6 years ago
i listened to half of this,  and thought...     ------------  Wait,  is this really Russian?

when i realized i wasn't recognizing a single , common Russian word , like kak

i can do this much better with languages that sound like French or Spanish.
Tilde
2024-06-21 04:35:39 UTC
Post by HenHanna
http://youtu.be/eA3nXvvH8VQ
i listened to half of this,  and thought...
            ------------  Wait,  is this really Russian?
is there a way i can tell a song like this
                       would be in Czech, Polish, Ukrainian?
Finally got curious enough to look at the video.

It's title is
"Deloraine - Samhain (Loreena McKennitt
All Souls Night cover)"

"Deloraine" is

https://www.deloraine.cz/
"Deloraine is a pagan fantasy folk band
from the Czech Republic whose live
performances are full of pagan dances,
mysterious rituals, and endless energy."

The links in the description are mostly
".cz" domain

So I vote Czech!