David Kleinecke
Add Reply
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2024-06-21 13:52:41 UTC
The recent discussion about Mike Lyle reminded me that it's a long time
since we have heard from David Kleinecke. As he was already in his 90s
I fear the worst.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic, as there is nothing here:
Legacy.com/us/obituaries/local/california/eureka
--
Athel -- French and British, living in Marseilles for 37 years; mainly
in England until 1987.
Snidely
2024-06-21 18:40:24 UTC
The recent discussion about Mike Lyle reminded me that it's a long time since
we have heard from David Kleinecke. As he was already in his 90s I fear the
worst.
Legacy.com/us/obituaries/local/california/eureka
I didn't find anything the last time I looked, which included poking
around for local papers. The last post of his I could find was on
Quora. IIRC his alumunus status included Berkeley, but I don't
remember the other institutions. I mention this because many schools
will post notices of the death of older alumni ... if they've been
told.

However, we know that our elders may become silent a significant time
before passing, and this rarely gets to be public information.

/dps
--
"First thing in the morning, before I have coffee, I read the obits, If
I'm not in it, I'll have breakfast." -- Carl Reiner, to CBS News in
2015.
bertietaylor @novabbs.com.invalid (bertietaylor)
2024-06-22 13:32:40 UTC
Post by Athel Cornish-Bowden
The recent discussion about Mike Lyle reminded me that it's a long time
since we have heard from David Kleinecke. As he was already in his 90s
I fear the worst.
Hope he us well, for he was perhaps the only one here not overtly
hostile to Arindam.